Here We Go Again

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 10:11 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here We Go Again

Ok, I just traded one of my 05tls for a RL last thurs at a dealership in chantilly. Been going there for 6 years and know their mechanics very well as well as the managemant. Purpose of stating this info is that they take very good care of me. The new RL is an awsome car. Sunday got in the car and the XM channel went to the preview station. Worked fine but displaying song title is always delayed by 5-10 seconds when a new song came on. I can live with that but I was spoiled in the TL which displays the info instantly. Took it to pohanka and they said that there are three open TSBS on my RL. One of witch is the xm issue. Picked the car up yesterday and it worked awsome. This morning got in it and no NAV traffic or xm. I called and refreshed it and it still did not work. I also have no mail coming in witch I have been getting every morning. Dropped it off at 10:00 this morning and I asked if I could wait and they said their going to need it for a while. UHOH. I talked to the service manager and an acura rep who was there and they said they have to remove the back seat to get to the acuralink module. Brand new car and it is being taken apart again in three days. I talked to the service manager who I know well and he said they have others in the same situation there now. I suggest anyone reading this who is going to take their RL for the tsb not to take it yet. My nav traffic is also not working now. Every thing worked before the TSB but there was a delay in displaying song title and it would go to channel 1 when you start the car. I could have lived with that knowing what I know now. I am really upset because I put allot of money down on it and feel like the car is not the same since it has been taken apart and had remanufactured part put in it twice now. One more thing, I asked today if they could put the unit in that they took out and they said they have to send it toacura.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Instructor

sorry to hear that. I hope everything comes out fine for you. I was thinking of getting a TL for the longest time but now kinda wanting the RL more. So how you like power and navi compared to the TL. I am thinking either i get an IS350 or RL But seems like issues with the RL seems to worry me a bit.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:50 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by crazytsxmods
Ok, I just traded one of my 05tls for a RL last thurs at a dealership in chantilly. Been going there for 6 years and know their mechanics very well as well as the managemant. Purpose of stating this info is that they take very good care of me. The new RL is an awsome car. Sunday got in the car and the XM channel went to the preview station. Worked fine but displaying song title is always delayed by 5-10 seconds when a new song came on. I can live with that but I was spoiled in the TL which displays the info instantly. Took it to pohanka and they said that there are three open TSBS on my RL. One of witch is the xm issue. Picked the car up yesterday and it worked awsome. This morning got in it and no NAV traffic or xm. I called and refreshed it and it still did not work. I also have no mail coming in witch I have been getting every morning. Dropped it off at 10:00 this morning and I asked if I could wait and they said their going to need it for a while. UHOH. I talked to the service manager and an acura rep who was there and they said they have to remove the back seat to get to the acuralink module. Brand new car and it is being taken apart again in three days. I talked to the service manager who I know well and he said they have others in the same situation there now. I suggest anyone reading this who is going to take their RL for the tsb not to take it yet. My nav traffic is also not working now. Every thing worked before the TSB but there was a delay in displaying song title and it would go to channel 1 when you start the car. I could have lived with that knowing what I know now. I am really upset because I put allot of money down on it and feel like the car is not the same since it has been taken apart and had remanufactured part put in it twice now. One more thing, I asked today if they could put the unit in that they took out and they said they have to send it toacura.
CrazyTSMods: I feel your pain. I know the situation all to well. You should read the thread that talks about this TSB - (022).

I too recently purchased mine from Pohanka, and have been using them for years. I just got mine back after having three Acura Link modules installed. They had my car for a total of 5 days over the past week and a half working this issue. I shared my frustration with the lead mechanic and with the service mgr. The car was returned to me last night in excellent condition, although I didn't like the idea of anyone disassembling my new car either. . Good luck to you.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:00 AM
Instructor

Thanks for the support lachancs. I am by now means a complainer but this is a big purchase for us. I hope it works longer this time.We should try to get a meet together some time. I live over by the government center. And to wasabe918 the RL is still awsome. I dont regret it. The tl felt faster but the RL outhandles it and just feels more like a luxury car to me. My wife and I still have a WDP TL so we will trade off driving both. Hers is an 05 as well but she dosent take the care I do in the cars so I am a little scared of her driveing the RL. She thinks parallel parking concists of driving up on the curb. LOL
Old 10-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Why does it seem I am the only person thus far that
has not had any problems since having the TSB update
on my RL?

Thus far, XM and Nav Traffic seem to be working perfectly.

....perhaps I should give this a little more time?
Old 10-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Instructor

NJRonbo, you must have gave the service rep a nice Tip.LOL Maybe they didnt change yours and just refreshed it? My guess it is luck of the draw. The scary thing was that the acura Rep said do you know the differance between an 05 and 04 Tl. And I said yea, the 05'S dont get buttprints int he seats or rattles. He said exactly. He said when you build a new car that is this advanced there is bound to be a problem or two in the first model year. Don't worry we will take care of it for you. I was speechless.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:27 PM
ASP
Earl Shod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No problems here.

I made sure to "remind" the service advisor that he would need to re-activate my XM and NAV Traffic Account.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't understand how you can trade for a car with obvious issues as you seem to be familiar with on this forum. Why buy something knowing it has to be fixed?
I am not optimistic that the Navi and XM issues will be resolved in short order.

The 06 initially will have the same issues as well as issues with the new Active Cruise Control feature(heard from a good source).

Any way hopefully, a fix will be imminint and we will all be happy.

Good Luck
Old 10-10-2005, 01:25 PM
kgd
Instructor

I have had my car for a little over a month now and it works great. I am not sure what the issues people are having with XM and the traffic. The serial number on mine is 17xxx, so it is not the newest build date. I have about 1,200 miles on my care now. I am not planning on taking my car in to ask for any of the TSB's listed here. The only problem I have had is that occationally the voice recognition does not seem to work. I would say one out of 20 times when I turn the car on, it won't recognize any commands at all, but everything else is fine. The next time I turn the car on the voice recognition will work fine again.

This has been a great car so far. I read through this and a couple of other forums before purchasing and I was expecting some problems, which I have had none of the one's listed here. Reading through these forums it sounds like every car had these problems, but mine does not seem to have any of them. Maybe I am just lucky!

I have owned a Legend LS, a 2000 RL and now the 2005 RL. There is absolutely no comparing this car to any of the previous models. It is better in every way by a long shot! (Except the annoying chime when the lights are left on auto and you exit when it is dark out, but I expect a fix for that will be coming. I am used to it now, so it doesn't bother me.)

This is a great car and I love driving this car more everyday.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:36 AM
Intermediate

XM TSB and loss of NavTraffic

Took it to pohanka and they said that there are three open TSBS on my RL. One of witch is the xm issue. Picked the car up yesterday and it worked awsome. This morning got in it and no NAV traffic or xm. I called and refreshed it and it still did not work. I also have no mail coming in witch I have been getting every morning. Dropped it off at 10:00 this morning and I asked if I could wait and they said their going to need it for a while. UHOH. I talked to the service manager and an acura rep who was there and they said they have to remove the back seat to get to the acuralink module. Brand new car and it is being taken apart again in three days. I talked to the service manager who I know well and he said they have others in the same situation there now. I suggest anyone reading this who is going to take their RL for the tsb not to take it yet. My nav traffic is also not working now. Every thing worked before the TSB but there was a delay in displaying song title and it would go to channel 1 when you start the car. I could have lived with that knowing what I know now. I am really upset because I put allot of money down on it and feel like the car is not the same since it has been taken apart and had remanufactured part put in it twice now. One more thing, I asked today if they could put the unit in that they took out and they said they have to send it toacura.
Pohanka did the same TSB to my car. Then next day the XM radio was back to preset. I called the dealer and they refreshed my XM. One day after the refresh (almost 24 hours to the minute) the radio stopped working. I called XM this time and they said the XM was not activated. Part of the XM TSB is replacing the actual unit which gives you a new radio I.D. I don't know if activation and refresh are the same? I think the dealer is confused. I wouldn't hesitate to call XM radio and see if your radio has been activated for XM broadcast and NAVtraffic.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:34 AM
Instructor

Hey Hummer, you are exactly right. After three acuralink modules installed I decided to take matters into my own hands. I called XM and they said the xm nor nav traffic have been activated by there system. The girl activated both for a year from this week of service. I got real querious and had wrote down the other radio IDS. When I called and asked they said they had never been activated. My point is that there has been nothing wrong with the acuralink boxes they have been putting in but the technicians have not been completeing the activation correctly. They are only sending a refresh. For any of you who have had the tsb performed I suggest you call XM yourself and also they are cool about giving you a year of service from the date of call.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:13 AM
Cruisin'

I have been having problems with my navtraffic not working, I remove the number 5 fuse from the under dash fuse box and enter radio and nav codes and everthing is ok for awhile. Waiting for a real fix before I take my car in.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Hummer, you are exactly right. After three acuralink modules installed I decided to take matters into my own hands. I called XM and they said the xm nor nav traffic have been activated by there system. The girl activated both for a year from this week of service. I got real querious and had wrote down the other radio IDS. When I called and asked they said they had never been activated. My point is that there has been nothing wrong with the acuralink boxes they have been putting in but the technicians have not been completeing the activation correctly. They are only sending a refresh. For any of you who have had the tsb performed I suggest you call XM yourself and also they are cool about giving you a year of service from the date of call.
WOW! what a surprise
Old 10-15-2005, 08:02 AM
3rd Gear

I have had my car for a little over a month now and it works great. I am not sure what the issues people are having with XM and the traffic. The serial number on mine is 17xxx, so it is not the newest build date. I have about 1,200 miles on my care now. I am not planning on taking my car in to ask for any of the TSB's listed here. The only problem I have had is that occationally the voice recognition does not seem to work. I would say one out of 20 times when I turn the car on, it won't recognize any commands at all, but everything else is fine. The next time I turn the car on the voice recognition will work fine again.

This has been a great car so far. I read through this and a couple of other forums before purchasing and I was expecting some problems, which I have had none of the one's listed here. Reading through these forums it sounds like every car had these problems, but mine does not seem to have any of them. Maybe I am just lucky!

I have owned a Legend LS, a 2000 RL and now the 2005 RL. There is absolutely no comparing this car to any of the previous models. It is better in every way by a long shot!
Originally Posted by kgd
(Except the annoying chime when the lights are left on auto and you exit when it is dark out, but I expect a fix for that will be coming. I am used to it now, so it doesn't bother me.)
This is a great car and I love driving this car more everyday.

My workaround with the auto setting lights chime is that as I am about to open the door, I twist the light stalk one position, then twist it right back to auto. The lights go off, and there's no chime when the door is opened. It's become part of my night time exit routine.