Gave up the RL - leaving the Acura family

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 11:39 PM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomstick0
I went the other way. I had a '10 CTS which was a total money pit, traded it before something else went for a '11 Dodge Charger which wasn't much better and ended up with a '07 RL which I think is a keeper.

My experience with GM dealers has been avoid the dealer at all cost, even if it's under warranty. Every single time I would bring it in with a problem, they would do some half ass job to fix it which didn't even fix it and break something else. Then the next time I would bring it in, they wouldn't have the staff to work on the car or give me some bullshit excuse until my warranty expired and they're off the hook. I even tried different dealers. GM did nothing to make it right either. Lesson learned: I will service with the mechanic I've for 15 years, and would have been better off bring it to him and paying for it.

Honestly, I paid more in gas driving back and forth to the nearest GM dealers than I would have paid him to fix it right the first time and that is the honest truth. I would never let any of the GM dealers within 100 mils touch my car ever again. I also have a few backups if he's busy that I can use as well.

Good luck. I hope yours is much better than mine.

My '12 AWD coupe (non-V) had a couple of minor issues, but the dealer experience was terrible.

When I got the V, I started going to a different dealer and have had a much better experience, but admittedly I have not had to visit the dealer beyond a bad O2 sensor early on and regular maintenance.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:36 AM

Received 612 Likes on 490 Posts
Originally Posted by GoHawks
My '12 AWD coupe (non-V) had a couple of minor issues, but the dealer experience was terrible.

When I got the V, I started going to a different dealer and have had a much better experience, but admittedly I have not had to visit the dealer beyond a bad O2 sensor early on and regular maintenance.
Side topic, but was the first dealer you went to Prestige Cadillac?? I've heard from a friend who owned an STS for 8 years that their service went way downhill when they switched their name from Rinke(?). That made him switch to Lafontaine Cadillac for service.
Old 01-09-2016, 04:16 PM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by projektvertx
Side topic, but was the first dealer you went to Prestige Cadillac?? I've heard from a friend who owned an STS for 8 years that their service went way downhill when they switched their name from Rinke(?). That made him switch to Lafontaine Cadillac for service.
No, it was Cadillac of Novi. They were never rude, but completely incompetent.

Ended up going to Suburban (formerly Massey) Cadillac in Plymouth. Great service manager there.
The following users liked this post:
projektvertx (01-10-2016)