Front Bumper/Hood Chrome Trim

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 09:18 PM
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
Front Bumper/Hood Chrome Trim

My wife is on me about the chrome "tape" that is rock pitted. She says basically, "We have a really nice car and this chrome in the front makes it look bad. Is there anything we can do?" I know it is a chrome tape that is applied over the plastic. I checked the price at the dealer the other day and gave the estimate to the wife. There was a gasp and a look of shock when she saw it. "THAT MUCH! I will get a spray can and paint them!"

Well that doesn't go over to well. Suggested options?

Do I have to remove the front bumper to remove the corner chrome trim pieces?
Old 05-07-2017, 09:51 PM

Received 612 Likes on 490 Posts
Originally Posted by alfadoctor
My wife is on me about the chrome "tape" that is rock pitted. She says basically, "We have a really nice car and this chrome in the front makes it look bad. Is there anything we can do?" I know it is a chrome tape that is applied over the plastic. I checked the price at the dealer the other day and gave the estimate to the wife. There was a gasp and a look of shock when she saw it. "THAT MUCH! I will get a spray can and paint them!"

Well that doesn't go over to well. Suggested options?

Do I have to remove the front bumper to remove the corner chrome trim pieces?
Those are held on via simple clips. A screwdriver and a towel, or a trim removal tool should help you remove it.

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/AI/BII33593.pdf

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...estion-940952/

RL_Coasting used a chrome tape film to fix a similar issue in post 25. Hope that helps!
The following users liked this post:
mrudolph007 (06-07-2017)