Exploring the new RL

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 05:04 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exploring the new RL

After a LOT of research and looking, we finally leased a 2006 RL from a leasing service we got our last car from...great price (39K was the basis for the lease) and great service. The RL arrived at 9:30pm from Georgia to Illinois on a flat bed trailer -- right to our door practically. It's an Opulent Blue Pearl with Taupe and we are really loving it so far. It drives like a dream IMO.
Setting up everything is a real challenge but doable. I think I've got everything nailed down now. The last thing to discover was where the button for the rear sunshade was hiding.
Went up to our local dealer to buy a cargo net and was very dismayed to find the incredibly difficult instructions for installing what should be a pretty simple item. My clever husband figured out how to install the clip to the upper tether without taking the whole trunk apart. Seems that you can clip it to the tether if you fold up the tether first. There is a slot created when you fold up the tether...Sounds weird but, hey it works and we didn't have to take anything apart!
I also want to say that all of you who have posted about your experiences with the RL helped us a lot in deciding whether to purchase the car and also to understand all the technical nuances. Many thanks to all of you.
If anyone is interested in the online dealer we used I would be happy to share that information.

Best,

Normcat
Old 09-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Great price, welcome to the forums and enjoy the car =)
Old 09-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Welcome to the site and congratulations on the new RL! I'm still setting mine up and will finally finish the job this weekend. It's more complicated than any other car I've owned, but most settings are "set it and forget it".
Old 09-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Instructor

Hey, congrats. My dealer spent 2 hours with me going over the car and offers to do so (the salesperson) as needed. Best thing yet....the people at my dealer.

Best.

JB

(I found most of it...eventually, as he predicted, I turned off the messages....they were adding up and I always had the envelope icon on the map...)
Old 09-28-2006, 08:28 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
Hey, congrats. My dealer spent 2 hours with me going over the car and offers to do so (the salesperson) as needed. Best thing yet....the people at my dealer.

Best.

JB

(I found most of it...eventually, as he predicted, I turned off the messages....they were adding up and I always had the envelope icon on the map...)

Good to know you can turn off messages!

Normcat
Old 09-28-2006, 09:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by Normcat
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]After a LOT of research and looking, we finally leased a 2006 RL from a leasing service we got our last car from...great price (39K was the basis for the lease) and great service. The RL arrived at 9:30pm from Georgia to Illinois on a flat bed trailer -- right to our door practically. It's an Opulent Blue Pearl with Taupe and we are really loving it so far. It drives like a dream IMO.
Setting up everything is a real challenge but doable. I think I've got everything nailed down now. The last thing to discover was where the button for the rear sunshade was hiding.
Went up to our local dealer to buy a cargo net and was very dismayed to find the incredibly difficult instructions for installing what should be a pretty simple item. My clever husband figured out how to install the clip to the upper tether without taking the whole trunk apart. Seems that you can clip it to the tether if you fold up the tether first. There is a slot created when you fold up the tether...Sounds weird but, hey it works and we didn't have to take anything apart!
I also want to say that all of you who have posted about your experiences with the RL helped us a lot in deciding whether to purchase the car and also to understand all the technical nuances. Many thanks to all of you.
If anyone is interested in the online dealer we used I would be happy to share that information.

Best,

Normcat

Yes it does drive like a dream. There is not much better out there. I have test driven everything in it class and them some, and I like the RL better. Its a car the just does everything well, not just one thing. Have fun with you new RL!
Old 09-29-2006, 10:17 AM
6th Gear

what lease service did u use