Dead Battery and AcuraCare

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Dead Battery and AcuraCare

I was out of town a few days and the RL stayed parked. We also had a cold snap here with morning lows in the 40s.

When I got in the RL my TPM signalled approx 25-28 psi for all four tires. No worries....I popped out my portable 12V compressor out of the trunk and pumped them up.

What I did NOT do,,,,was leave the engine running. And I left the stereo on....and being in the garage...the headlights were on as the 12v chugged away.

Twenty minutes later....dead battery.

I called AcuraCare and after a few voice menu prompts I spoke to representative. Very polite, positive and efficient.

I was told a vendor would be by in less than 35 minutes. Amazingly 16 minutes later a Pop-a-Lock car pulls up. The tech was clean, neat, uniformed and in seconds, his portable jumper had my RL running.

I signed the papers and took the RL for a drive to charge the battery. I did have to enter my manufacturer PIN for the NAVI, but no settings were lost.

At 35 minutes from when I first called AcuraCare, my phone rang and it was AcuraCare following up to see if all was resolved.

This was the most 'pleasant' car trouble I have ever had.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
The one time I called AcuraCare, the tech that came was anything but "clean, neat, uniformed" and barely spoke English. He was however, respectful, courteous, and efficient. The phone rep was 100% professional, polite, positive, and efficient.

LL
Old 12-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Good to know. Better than AAA! Three hours later....
Old 12-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I LoL'ed at "low 40's". This morning I had to start my car in 7 degree weather, with a wind chill of -25!

I wish I lived in the south
Old 12-10-2009, 06:14 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by Chas2
Good to know. Better than AAA! Three hours later....
I had AAA arrive within twenty minutes of making my call - AcuraCare never showed up! I have bad experiences with AcuraCare - not that impressed. And, this was just a battery problem. God help me if I am ever on the road and need help. Glad to hear others are having better experiences than me.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

What a shame Acura is again inconsistent with services like this.

I got an automated survey last night for feedback on my experience. I also got a call from Acura CS this morning in follow up. Aces all the way for me.

Frankly, at the risk of opening this thread to V8 RWD carping, I think Acura would better their perception with consistent dealer programs (loaners, service center experience / amenities) and AcuraCare service. Of course, they did ask me for feedback, so if it was poor, they would have gotten an earful.

Even if V8 RWD is not in the RL future, I still want a premium dealership / brand experience should I buy another Acura some day. Oh....and that includes mature and tasteful styling! (Yeah...I had to get that in).
Old 12-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
^^^^
Yes, you had to get that in.

Seriously, I'm glad you received service so quickly.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Originally Posted by neuronbob
Yes, you had to get that in.
At least I have not fled the brand.

....yet.

I took the RL in to have the battery tested, and all is well. While there I took my Service Advisor to lunch and we took a new TSX. It is nice! Built solid and the NVH was smoother than my 05 TL (the TSX was an I4). I was amazed how quiet the cabin was, how smooth the idle was and the ride quality was sportier than the RL but none of the harshness I had with my TL....the TSX was spot on. If my TL was built as well, I may have kept it longer. I can easily see the TSX being the most attractive 2010 Acura sedan in style, build quality and proportions.

The interior was black and pretty one note. But I can envision some interior dressing (aluminum and or wood trimmings) by the MMC that would make this car my pick over anything in the current line up.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 99 Posts
The new TSX is aimed at the 325 market, it better be a solid performer. I assume you had the V6 version, it was on motorweek last week, looked pretty nice, got a decent review. $37k list. I've had the TSX as a loaner in the past and didn't care for it, relatively cheap looking inside and a rough ride, but I was getting close to 35 mpg! Guess it's not fair to compare it to the smooth and comfy RL.