Couple issues with my 05 RL

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 11:54 PM
Randy is the Future

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Couple issues with my 05 RL

XM button doesn't work, can't choose the call option on the nav screen even though bluetooth is connected and not in use. Acuralink doesn't work and it is connected to my bluetooth phone that does allow the data usage. Left light doesn't turn when i turn to the left but the right light turns when i turn to the right. Hmmmmm not very happy right now. I hope everything can be fixed with no issue.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,431 Posts
were you trying to see if the light moved when parked or stopped? The left light is stationary until you go over 12 MPH to avoid blinding drivers on the other side of the road. For the data link, does you phone have a data plan and is it fully supported by the hands free link system, same question for the greyed out options.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:24 AM
Randy is the Future

Originally Posted by csmeance
were you trying to see if the light moved when parked or stopped? The left light is stationary until you go over 12 MPH to avoid blinding drivers on the other side of the road. For the data link, does you phone have a data plan and is it fully supported by the hands free link system, same question for the greyed out options.

I have tested the light out while driving and it still doesnt seem to move. I have 2 Blackberry's(8800 & 8300 (curve)) and they both do everything except the data connect but i also have a razr and according to the HFL site it says the razr V3 will do the data connect. I have an unlimited data plan for that razr. I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow but just wanna make sure i am doing everything right before i go to the dealer and it be a simple issue.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:12 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Originally Posted by nore03
I have tested the light out while driving and it still doesnt seem to move. I have 2 Blackberry's(8800 & 8300 (curve)) and they both do everything except the data connect but i also have a razr and according to the HFL site it says the razr V3 will do the data connect. I have an unlimited data plan for that razr. I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow but just wanna make sure i am doing everything right before i go to the dealer and it be a simple issue.
It may also depend on your cell carrier. None of the Blackberry's are data capable with the RL in ATT / Cingular. The only PDA Smartphone under ATT with all features is the Palm Treo680. The RAZR V3 had excellent HFL and Data function.

Be sure you look for your cell carrier in conjunction with the phone model on the HFL site.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by nore03
Did you successfully set up the phone-data link after pairing the phone for the first time? It gives you several different connect string options based on your wireless carrier. I think folks with Verizon Wireless have had a more difficult time with Acuralink than AT&T/Cingular/T-Mobile customers. I've had no issues with AT&T Wireless/Cingular/AT&T with a V505, Razr V3, and now a KRZR K1.

I had an 05 RL before getting the 06 recently. The Active Front Lighting seems much more "active" in the 06 than in the 05. It's really noticeable to me. Maybe Acura made some minor changes to it between the model years. They way you describe the AFS in your 05 sounds like mine used to work.

Your XM button doesn't work at all? It doesn't turn it on and bring you to the XM Preview channel? It should at least do that, even if you haven't set up an XM account. That's definitely an issue for the dealer if pressing the XM button does nothing. Does NavTraffic work?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:30 AM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Does XM come on when you try the "Mode" button on the steering wheel?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Randy is the Future

Originally Posted by dwboston
Did you successfully set up the phone-data link after pairing the phone for the first time? It gives you several different connect string options based on your wireless carrier. I think folks with Verizon Wireless have had a more difficult time with Acuralink than AT&T/Cingular/T-Mobile customers. I've had no issues with AT&T Wireless/Cingular/AT&T with a V505, Razr V3, and now a KRZR K1.

I had an 05 RL before getting the 06 recently. The Active Front Lighting seems much more "active" in the 06 than in the 05. It's really noticeable to me. Maybe Acura made some minor changes to it between the model years. They way you describe the AFS in your 05 sounds like mine used to work.

Your XM button doesn't work at all? It doesn't turn it on and bring you to the XM Preview channel? It should at least do that, even if you haven't set up an XM account. That's definitely an issue for the dealer if pressing the XM button does nothing. Does NavTraffic work?

Nope XM doesn't respond at all. But i took it in to a dealer today and they looked at it and he pressed some buttons and brought up a diagnostic screen(i would love to know how this was done, gotta do some searching) and he clicked on the xm button and it could not find the xm receiver so he said it is either damaged or just not there anymore. So i have to bring it in Thursday to have it looked at. He said that the xm receiver is what controls the Acuralink. So after that gets fixed hopefully my Acuralink will work. Geez this car is amazing. I LOVE driving this thing i think i have put about a 1000 miles in this past week. Man i love this car.

On a brighter side it looks like my left light does move but its barely noticeable.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
To reach the diagnostic screen press and hold MAP + CANCEL + MENU simltaneousely. Be careful, making any changes there, you could wreak havoc on your Navi if you are unsure what you are doing.

But the GPS screen that shows all the satellites is pretty cool. That should be a user (driver) yahoo screen to display.