A/C Died - Anyone Else Have This?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 01:18 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A/C Died - Anyone Else Have This?

Another thing to add to my list. The A/C on my 05 died. Yesterday when I statred car on the way home from work, it would not come on. Air blows out but it is not cool. I stopped at store on way home and when I got back in, the A/C worked. IT worked fine on way to work, but on my way to lunch today, it didn't work.

Any of you guys have any idea what it may be? Dealer wants me to drop car off over the weekend. Really stinks. I am so tired of taking this car to the shop. It's been one problem after another on this pile of junk. Sorry, I know a lot of you love your RL but I hae never had a car go into the shop more than this one. Worst part is I am on a lease and probably can't get out of it without losing a bunch of money.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Retired and Loving It

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are some other threads on this A/C problem with the 05 RLs. Compressor failures I think I remember reading.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:01 PM
'06 RL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gator5000e
Worst part is I am on a lease and probably can't get out of it without losing a bunch of money.
Take it up with Acura Client Services...especially if you think you qualify for your state's lemon law....
Old 09-22-2006, 07:42 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jftjr
Take it up with Acura Client Services...especially if you think you qualify for your state's lemon law....

My perception is that the 2006 cars have all of these issues fixed. Per my dealer, Acura fixes things as they learn of them....so it might not be all 05's. I am curious if this is an early car.....

I had disasters in my first model year BMW, Volvo, Audi, and Saab.....I think it is a pervasive issue with all new cars these days. One wants a "latest and greatest car".....and one then "pays the price."

I did it four times....not again. Good luck. Most lemon issues have to be the same problem 3 times....

JB
Old 09-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Racer

Thats interesting. I just got my car back form the dealer. I had complained that at time I got blasts of hot air from the system. I actually thought it was when the system went from recirc to fresh. The dealer could not find anything but told me they have had several cars where the clutch coiled failed and they had to replace the stator set. He changed mine as precationary measure, not being exactly sure of my hot air complaint.

Now the engine cover is loose. I'll fix it tomorrow.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:08 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gator5000e
Another thing to add to my list. The A/C on my 05 died. Yesterday when I statred car on the way home from work, it would not come on. Air blows out but it is not cool. I stopped at store on way home and when I got back in, the A/C worked. IT worked fine on way to work, but on my way to lunch today, it didn't work.

Any of you guys have any idea what it may be? Dealer wants me to drop car off over the weekend. Really stinks. I am so tired of taking this car to the shop. It's been one problem after another on this pile of junk. Sorry, I know a lot of you love your RL but I hae never had a car go into the shop more than this one. Worst part is I am on a lease and probably can't get out of it without losing a bunch of money.

Gator5000,

I too have had this issue as several others have on the 2005 RL. This is a very common problem. There have been other threads on the A/C failing as well.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2411

In my case, my car was in the shop for OVER 3 WEEKS waiting on getting the A/C fixed. The worst part about this was that both the dealer and Acura Client Services didn't have any clue that this was a problem. Not only did they say they were unaware of it, but there is no recall or TSB given the multitude of problems with this.

Good luck getting your car back anytime soon. I think it's going to be at your Dealer for a lot longer than you bargained for.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:28 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's been happening...

See:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2411