Brand New RL

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 12:05 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rob L
pretty sure the blue LEDs just provide some nice ambient lighting.

the mics for the noise cancelling system are two holes found between the lights in front/back
Perfect thanks for the info!
Old 08-26-2005, 01:04 PM
Intermediate

Gas Mileage

Hey everyone

I just wanted to now all of your opens on the RL's fuel economy? I mean have have this car for 2 days now and I have used about 1/2 tank of gas! I am not doing heavy driving,I understand this is also effected by how you drive the car but I expected more miles to the gallon imo
Old 08-26-2005, 01:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 997 Likes on 531 Posts
Originally Posted by ChromeRL
Yo ppl

I just had a question for you guys--What the fastest speed you have ever done in your Acura RL?

My top speed so far was 200km/h
Just a wild guess, but I don't think that the RL will achieve it's best fuel economy at 200 km/h. I've been getting about 11.5 l/100km in the city and 9.2 l/100km on the highway (averaging aroung 120 km/h (75 mph)). For our American friends, that is about 20.4 mpg city and 25.6 mpg highway (in U.S. gallons). I've only got 5000 km (3000 miles) on my RL, so I am expecting the mileage to improve with time.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:15 PM
Intermediate

I sure hope it does improve!

Also I am considering getting the front a-spec grille like the one that 2Dobes has! Looks great just wanted to know how much you paid for it?

Also I wanted to get the clear bra on it to protect it from rock chips etc. has anyone got this done and any comments on it?
Old 08-26-2005, 02:18 PM
Intermediate

Heyy every1 got some sweet videos of my RL can someone let me know where I should post them?
Old 08-26-2005, 03:09 PM
Honda whore

[QUOTE=ChromeRL]I sure hope it does improve!

Also I am considering getting the front a-spec grille like the one that 2Dobes has! Looks great just wanted to know how much you paid for it?

I paid about 51K for it, car included.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:40 PM
office monkey

for a few tanks in the last month I was getting combined 11.5-12 l/100km with mostly city driving. Right now I have 99 kms on this tank I filled up on I think monday and the thing is reading 13.9 litres/100km and it is all city driving btu I have gunne dit a few times. I think you can get under 12 if you have decent lights (which as you know we dont have hear in Burlington) and are conservative on the gas and coast when you can. Acura Canada estimates 13.1 for city and I think 9.2 for highway.

My fuel economy when I first got the car was HORRIBLE. Like over 15 litres for combined with a bias towards city driving and I didnt and still dont drive it hard or anything.

I have a little over 5000kms on the car and the oil life is reading 50%...I got the car in mid december. The 3 year complimentary scheduled service thing we have here isnt going to get much use from me at this rate especially since I am moving soona nd will be able to car pool to work so I figure my RL use will decrease by half.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:28 PM
Intermediate

[QUOTE= My fuel economy when I first got the car was HORRIBLE. Like over 15 litres for combined with a bias towards city driving and I didnt and still dont drive it hard or anything. [/QUOTE]

Hey Rob yeah I really hope its just in the beginning cause I am getting about 14.5l/100km combined its probaly just because the engine needs to break in or something. Also yea the lights around here drive me crazy I just like to cruise.

Everyone got a question for ya'll just wanna know if you guys prefer the audio system with the centerpoint feature on or off?

Personally I like it off cause I cant stand how it keeps adjusting itself from the front,rear and centre channel speakers. IMO
Old 08-26-2005, 06:34 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rob L
be thankful you dont have the POS OEM tires as they suck. I am guessing since you got upgraded rims you either have the OEM 17s or you got a discount on the car with the 18s. Whatever the case, make sure you get snow tires and again, be thankful you dont have the OEM 17 Michelins that sucks in the snow and just suck period.

Anyone else have their OEM 17s squeal a lot? I park in a parking garage (Chrome you should know one by lakeshore rd) and going up the levs and around the bends my tires always chirp and junk and I am not going fast or anything. It's bad
Rob I am riding on some 18" Michelin tires they have superb traction it just sticks to the road mannn although I found it has a bit more road noise o well I think it worth the sacrifice for the handling!
Ya come winter time I will need to change them, i'll be sliding all over the road if I dont
Any suggestions for good winter tires?
Old 08-26-2005, 10:08 PM
office monkey

I think next spring I will change my OEMs to either a summer tire and winter tire combo set or just change the tires for Pilot Sport All Seasons.

Blizzaks are good winter tires but dont know what sizes they come in. You could get Pirelli winter tires that have good dry performance but pay a bit more to have them

The sad thing about the 17 OEM tires is that they stink in snow and I had my fare share of tiems sliding around this past winter with them. What good is an all season tire if it sucks balls in any amount of snow?

As for your question about the centerpoint, I used to never have it on but 2 days ago I put it on while playing a cd and have kept it on since then as the two cds I have sued with it on havent sounded worse. I havent noticed it trying to whip sound to the rear speakers so it could just be the way it is reading my CD and determining that nothing should come from there. i have no idea how Bose has that DSP work but I do know similar DSPs that do the same thing can really funk up a recording by placing sounds in the surround channels that make no sense being there.

I think I will just keep listening to some cds with CP on and then determine if I prefer them with it on or off and then go from there on a cd to cd basis.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:43 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

To the person with the Ridgeline, RL, and NSX... are these the purposes?

Ridgeline = Haul stuff.
RL = Haul people
NSX = Haul ass

?
Old 08-27-2005, 08:18 AM
Honda whore

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
To the person with the Ridgeline, RL, and NSX... are these the purposes?

Ridgeline = Haul stuff.
RL = Haul people
NSX = Haul ass

?

Precisely.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Intermediate

Angry Look But Dont Touch

Yesterday I was in Downtown staying at a hotel for a conference so I brought my new RL. I drop off the keys with valet and proceed to the lobby. As I am about to check-in I notice a group of kids checkin out the car so thats fine by me but they start trying to open the doors,putting their faces to the window,touching the rims!! By now im getting nervous this car is only a week old common!! All of this way happening right in front of the valet driver who was just talking on a phone! So I went out and told the kids to move on and blasted the valet driver as that is just unacceptable! What happened to the "look but dont touch" rule

The same night I was going out for dinner so valet brought me my car everything was normal until I switched on the radio!
I swear it was sooo loud, and thumping some Heavy Metal music which is even harder on the ears the entire car was shakin!
I talked to the manager about how the valet must have been messin around with my stereo
And got a extra free night as an apology

Anyone have similar incidents with ppl checkin out your car
Old 08-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 997 Likes on 531 Posts
Originally Posted by ChromeRL
Rob I am riding on some 18" Michelin tires they have superb traction it just sticks to the road mannn although I found it has a bit more road noise o well I think it worth the sacrifice for the handling!
Ya come winter time I will need to change them, i'll be sliding all over the road if I dont
Any suggestions for good winter tires?
ChromeRL, there is another thread discussing snow tires that you should check out. I looked around and found that the Dunlop Wintersport M3's were very highly rated.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:40 AM
Intermediate

Hondamore appreciate the reasearch I'll check em out

Thanks