Big Problem, PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 01:05 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Problem, PLEASE HELP

Hi I got a 2005 Acura RL with 210k miles. Yesterday when I pulled off A stop light, the Check emissions infoscreen came on, Check engine light came on, check transmission infoscreen came on, and Adaptive Front Lighting system (AFS) light came on and is blinking, and the “d” in the introument cluster started blinking also. On top of all that, it started shifting really rough. It’s throwing the P0976 code which is for the circuit on shift solenoid B. little bit of background of the car, the check charging system light will come on while I’m driving for 2 seconds to about a minute periodically (usually at least once while I’m driving, sometimes significantly more) I took it to a tranny mechanic and he Said to replace the solenoid, But for that to happen, he’d have to drop the whole tranny which would cost 1200-1300$. My question is can I replace it my self, if so, where is it located at, could it be my battery or alternator not charging the battery well enough? is the solenoid even the root cause? Is there some type of fuse or wire that can be changed? All replies are appreciated, Thank you!
Old 10-13-2018, 05:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 140 Posts
A failing battery has been known to make all sorts of warning lights come on. How old is your battery?
Old 10-13-2018, 06:23 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry transmission rebuilt...

Hi 05RL

I have a 2005 TL with 196,000 , at 185,500 while go up a slight hill in ATX it felt like the trans. went into neutral for a sec, so I rolled to a stop put in park shut off and restarted. After taking off again all seemed to be fine for
a month or so. Once again this happened while going up an incline, where I had to give her more gas pedal, I pulled over, went to park for a moment a took off again, about 1/8th mile more all the lights in dash went off, for the first time, could not pull over immediately cause I was in far lane. OK, by the time I made it over, my '05 Acura TL Never went to drive again.
I bought this car new off show room floor, and always took it back to Dealership for everything until the purchased 100,000 mile warranty was up, never has a single problem! Now to my local NTB.
BACK to the story, I had it towed to the closest Acura dealership, the next day they told me the trans fluid pump had gone out which burnt the internal clutches. While waiting to hear the diagnosis I had read about the four or so
solenoids, and to which I sure hoped it was, but nope!!!
TAKE your RL to Acura before you need to get her transmission fully rebuilt as I did...
Good Luck - MRM_05