axle wtf....

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 07:24 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
axle wtf....

So I removed drivers front axle... went to put in new one and totally different female end on new one as opposed to male on old...

Went to all the auto stores local and all the same issue part number says driver front but all female...

Looks like I'll be calling raxles monday but now I have no car..

Can someone explain the issue with the part numbers
Old 04-27-2015, 11:37 AM
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about your predicament. This is why I check the parts first before I even take anything apart for this very reason, so I don't get stuck with out a car. You have a picture of the parts so we can have a visual? Where did you order your parts from? How many miles and what is the reason for changing the axles? The axles are not the same part number so there is a difference in the left and the right sides.

Last edited by alfadoctor; 04-27-2015 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:55 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by alfadoctor
I am very sorry to hear about your predicament. This is why I check the parts first before I even take anything apart for this very reason, so I don't get stuck with out a car. You have a picture of the parts so we can have a visual? Where did you order your parts from? How many miles and what is the reason for changing the axles? The axles are not the same part number so there is a difference in the left and the right sides.
Thanks for the response...

The left front had a clicking noise when turning, and then a vibration when accelerating near highway speeds...

The axle that I DID buy was a Cardone, from Azone...
I had a feeling when I saw it, because the one I bought had a Male Spline on the hub end, and a FEMALE on the tranny end....

SO I looked around at different shops, and even the foreign auto parts store, SAME THING, female/male

Cant find the right one anywhere, so I called Marty, and ended up getting one from raxles, should be here in a few days...