Ambient Lighting Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,431 Posts
Ambient Lighting Help

Hey guys, I need some help. Can somewone take pictures of the ambient lighting in the rear of the RL? I had one as a loaner and remember subtle lighting in the door handles and the over head lights in the back. Also if there is any other ambient lighting, can you take a picture.

Thanks
guys from the TL forums
Old 10-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
There are outside door handle LEDs that light up.

Inside the cabin, which is what I think you are asking, when the doors are closed, and the car ignition is on, and the headlights on, there is a blue LED lighting each front door map pocket area, below the armrest. Two blue LEDs in the overhead console where the sunroof, OnStar, HomeLink, maplights, etc are, that point down to the center console/armrest area. In addition, the rear seats have a center overhead reading lights. The switch area has two blue LEDs that point downward also.

The blue lighting is subtle and elegant.

My phone camera does not render this at all.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,431 Posts
Originally Posted by Chas2

Inside the cabin, which is what I think you are asking, when the doors are closed, and the car ignition is on, and the headlights on, there is a blue LED lighting each front door map pocket area, below the armrest. Two blue LEDs in the overhead console where the sunroof, OnStar, HomeLink, maplights, etc are, that point down to the center console/armrest area. In addition, the rear seats have a center overhead reading lights. The switch area has two blue LEDs that point downward also.

All I need is a location of the lights picture with the area concentrated on it, like the interior door handles and the rear overhead lighting. I don't need the lights in action tough. Thanks chas2, us tl members appreciate this.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:38 AM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Chas2

There are also lights in each interior door release.

I don't have a picture, but as mentioned the front overhead lights are located panel. One on each side of the button to lower the rear headrests.

The rear ones are located on the rear overhead control panel for the rear reading lights. They are both located in between the two buttons for the lights.