Which all season floor mats?? Acura doesnt have my color (Ivory)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which all season floor mats?? Acura doesnt have my color (Ivory)

So the Acura all season (rubber for winter) floor mats are only available in black or grey, but I have the light tan (Ivory) interior. Although they are listed in the catalog as being available in Black or Ivory, I've checked 2 Aucra parts counters (including Ray Laks) and was told the same thing by both, that the Ivory mats are really a cement grey color.
I was thinking of going with the Weatherguard instead, but the tan color they have is more like the parchment color of my 2nd Gen TL, not anything like the light carpet and seat color of the RL. Since the Ivory is a pretty popular color for the RL interior, I was wondering what the rest of you decided to go with for your cars?
Old 08-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
black rubber mats don't really look all that bad. Go to a local dealer and see if you can test fit some. you know, black is a neutral color. I have had the tan weathertech mats in my Legend, and aside from the fact that they don't fit very well, they are hard to keep clean and end up getting stains that are hard to remove.

By the way, don't armorall those puppies, what a disaster.

Also look at the clear mats that Touge uses, another interesting alternative
Old 08-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

I agree that the weathertech get dirty and the rubber seems to soak it in and stains. Could you take a pic or two of your interior with the black mats?
I had the black but never put them in the car. When I got them I assumed that they just shipped me the wrong ones so I called up and they sent out the replacement pair which was supposed to be the tan (Ivory). In retrospect, had I know Ivory wasnt available, I would have kept the black.

Originally Posted by Chas2
black rubber mats don't really look all that bad. Go to a local dealer and see if you can test fit some. you know, black is a neutral color. I have had the tan weathertech mats in my Legend, and aside from the fact that they don't fit very well, they are hard to keep clean and end up getting stains that are hard to remove.

By the way, don't armorall those puppies, what a disaster.

Also look at the clear mats that Touge uses, another interesting alternative
Old 08-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Evil Mazda Driver

Received 174 Likes on 89 Posts
I work with Audis and they have color-coded mats for every model except the A3. I saw a new A3 deliver with a beige interior but with the black rubber mats and it looked fine. Our TL before had beige with black rubber mats and they never looked out of place, so to speak.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by 2002AcuraTL
I agree that the weathertech get dirty and the rubber seems to soak it in and stains. Could you take a pic or two of your interior with the black mats?
Sorry, I have a black interior with black mats, but have put black weather tech mats in our Camry with a tan interior and it looks fine. I was just suggesting this color combo because I think it would look OK.

I am just hoping the Acura mats do not get that dirty stained look that the grey and tan mats weathertechs do.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:45 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a little off topic but I got a mailer a few months back and the winter rubber mats (all weather) were like 75 or 80 dollars and not they are 149. I thinkt they are more worth the former rather than the later.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:45 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
price of the all weather mats

a little off topic but I got a mailer a few months back and the winter rubber mats (all weather) were like 75 or 80 dollars and not they are 149. I thinkt they are more worth the former rather than the later.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

And would you believe the silly dealer wanted $279 for the mats when I bought the car earlier this month!

Originally Posted by gcook
Old 08-21-2007, 12:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Chas2, I think I will just go with the black mats after all. Still don't know what car Acura was thinking the mats matched when it came out with that cement-color they are mislabelling as Ivory! And adding insult to injury, the online Acura dealer's store I bought them from is refusing to send me a return label to ship them back claiming they didnt make an error in sending them. How could it be my error when they listed them as Ivory, I have an Ivory interior and was pretty sure Acura would make the mats in a color to match?! Darmn things are heavy to ship back bummer...

Originally Posted by Chas2
Sorry, I have a black interior with black mats, but have put black weather tech mats in our Camry with a tan interior and it looks fine. I was just suggesting this color combo because I think it would look OK.

I am just hoping the Acura mats do not get that dirty stained look that the grey and tan mats weathertechs do.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:50 PM
bkw
Death to Dave Marek.

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Got our mats when we bought the car, along with the trunk liner. Definitely one of the better accessories available.

And to the OP, I'd get black. Have gone through quite a few snowstorms and they clean up nicely with a little 303.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Racer X

I have parchment interior and have the ivory all weather mats . . .no problems
Old 08-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Are you saying your mats match your interior? The so called Ivory ones I received arent even close in color to the interior nor even a pleasant contrasting color.

Originally Posted by webhead
I have parchment interior and have the ivory all weather mats . . .no problems
Old 08-22-2007, 09:06 AM
Racer X

The ivory mats are darker than the parchment interior, but being that they are on the floor and designed to collect dirt and mud, they are a good match.