10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Name or Screen Name: TheEvilZX2
Country/State/City of purchase: USA/VA/Sterling
Last 5 digit of Vin: *not on hand*
Color Ext/Int: Black/Black
Month/Yr of purchase: 12/2021
Price paid before tax/lic: 1700

Thanks to the knowledge base of this site I've resolved most of the issues the vehicle had when purchased. Changing all fluids with AMSOIL where applicable and changing water pump and timing belt next. Thank you AcuraZine!
Old 04-10-2022, 10:50 AM
gal
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Few questions on my “new” rl.

Name or Screen Name: gal
Country/State/City of purchase: US/AL/Bham (roll tide​​​​​!)
Last 5 digit of Vin: 06368
Color Ext/Int: Gold/Black leather
Month/Yr of purchase: 4/22
Price paid before tax/lic:

2 owner car 1st one drove it 20-30k my dad is second and he drove it roughly 200k. Excellent condition. Service records all up to date except for the Michelin rotation warranty at, according to my dad, “any reputable tire place” that I’m assuming sells Michelins and isn’t a direct competitor.

2500 miles on tires (he seems to think they’re 65k tires but I know my dad and he spent a grand on them so I would have thought they were the 89 or 85k tire…don’t they make one?). About 10k on newest timing belt and last week before selling to me had full inspection and they found that gaskets in engine needed replaced which were apparently causing a small leak, so small he didn’t lose enough oil to warrant ever buying oil between 5k mile oil changes. He spent a grand on that. So basically I paid for tires and new gaskets to get car. It’s replacing totaled 12 sonata insurance didn’t seem to think inflation should be considered and therefore could not even buy my own car. But this 06 is more high tech than the 6 year newer sonata gls with 90k miles. So I spent 2k of insurance and saved 8k for
when inflation ever goes down on used cars and hopefully since he took such good care of it I can get another 100k out of it. What is most miles you’ve seen on 06 RL?

Also…
1. How do I know if it’s tech/non tech (if it’s not I’ll be shocked Because tech wise it’s light years more complicated than the 12 sonata.
2. I want to fix or replace bubbles on glove box. I’ve read that’s common. What did you do and how cheap can I be? I was thinking of calling around to junk yards and maybe the glove door would be in good shape? I’m open to suggestions.
3. How do I update nav? It’s still got the 06 nav maps. Are there any problems getting upgrade? Are there work arounds?
4. BT music streaming. I’ve seen an 06 RL do it with trunk XM 2 connector which looked super easy. The HFL is still working so I won’t need mic. Or aux. or usb charging. Which unit? Best brand? Will trunk method work if I get xm2? The other method was 06 TL and it was a good deal of work to get behind stereo to use so I hope the XM2 method will work for me.
5. rear view cam through trunk DVD player. Saw the DIY and while he made it look easy I just know it’ll be a thousand cuss word job for me. I know it has the dvd in trunk so can I use that method? Also I know the 06 mdx had it on some if not all their editions.
6. Wash and clean appropriately. There are no scratches or dents that I can see. I read the thread on washing and understood most of it except the clay/lube part. I’ve never used clay/lube to remove debri. Is the fabric softener sheet as effective? I planned on the dawn with extra soft brushes For basic wash. Didn’t understand clay part. Then after that, do I need to rewash. Seems like clay would get on it and stay if I didn’t? What to use to make leather seats look shiny and clean without the oils of like an armor all product one might use on non contact surfaces. Best wheel cleaner? Tire shine? Other words of wisdom and what to watch out for.

Any help, comments, thread links are appreciated in getting this car more modernized in some minor but maybe somewhat difficult ways considering the very specific engineering in this car. Even if it is non-tech it has more tech than any vehicle I’ve driven.

oh yeah one last thing. How in the world can an automatic be driven as a manual. I know how to drive a manual but not with paddles or an automatic stick that just has + and - My dad had no clue what that meant nor did he utilize the full 5.1 Bose surround sound. I was messing with audio and discovered he was only using the door speakers and tweeters, center front, two rear and sub woofer. He did not make use or the speakers I think are the ones chiefly responsible for the 5,1 surround effect. So only 8/10 I guess of the speakers were utilized during his ownership and he said two hilarious things. One was that the Lexus stereo was “terrible” compared to his Acura’s despite it not being used to full potential. The other was he said that I needed to be careful from a stop position “ because that thing will flat out go when you accelerate “. Lol. I had ridden with him enough to know he particularly loved the power under the hood and frankly scared the you know what out of me. I had to ask him on more than one occasion if we were in a race with someone I didn’t know about. And he didn’t even know what or how to utilize the manual part of the automatic transmission which I would think make it (if done correctly) feel or be even more powerful. How many speeds does it have and how in the world is it useful or is it just a thing I actually won’t make use of? I love a good fast engine with manual transmission. Can I love these paddles or the stick version same way? TIA for any and all answers if anyone has any. This forum has been very helpful even before I made a post for the BT music streaming problem as well as a few other things. Hopefully some of the above are easily answered.

Old 04-10-2022, 10:55 AM
gal
3rd Gear

Ahh I meant to ask in the washing section…

Do you guys use wax? Other special type of post wash shine and buff methods that are specifically done not to damage paint. Again Tia.
Old 04-26-2022, 08:21 AM
1st Gear

New-ish owner, living in Oregon!

JL Audio Slim 12" W3

4-channel to upgraded for speakers, bridged 2-channel to JL subwoofer & AudioControl lc7i. Didn't mess with the Bose center speaker or the dashboard.

Upon purchasing, November 2nd, 2020.

Name or Screen Name: Sapoverde69, or Caleb
Country/State/City of purchase: U.S.A., OR, Portland
Last 5 digit of Vin:00330
Color Ext/Int: Crystal BL
Month/Yr of purchase: Nov. 2020
Price paid before tax/lic: $13k
The following users liked this post:
GaRaS (05-29-2022)
Old 05-02-2022, 04:24 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Name or Screen Name: thefrenchdexter
Country/State/City of purchase: France/Audincourt
Last 5 digit of Vin: 202874
Color Ext/Int: Metallic grey/Black Leather
Month/Yr of purchase: 03/2022
13000 euros/near 13600$

Hi !

I don't know if i can put my prez is this topic (i have a 2007 Honda Legend, not a Acura RL) ?

I have an other Honda : 2013 Accord Tourer 2.4 AT (Acura Tsx Wagon 2nd gen for you).

Have a good day !

GaRaS (05-29-2022)
Old 05-11-2022, 12:40 PM
10th Gear

2005 Acura RL Black
170,000 miles
Paid 3K MSRP $49,000🤯
Bought in Sacramento, CA
Navigation Screen Black (stays black)
Glove Box Melted
No Interior Door Handles on Driver and Passenger
Bose Sound System 👌🏽🔊🔊🔊 (I love it. I’ll love it more once I add a usa spec bluetooth or something)
Overall I Fucks Wit It💯🙌🏽

GaRaS (05-29-2022)
Old 05-23-2022, 05:18 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Name or Screen Name: Gravel
Country/State/City of purchase: Ventura, CA
Color Ext/Int: Black / Black
Month/Yr of purchase: May 2022
$9k

I'll add some pictures eventually, in the meantime..

Bought my RL from Gold Coast Acura in Ventura, CA with 124k miles. Interior is 9/10, very minor wear in a few places but it’s really nice. New tires, new catalytic converters, 2 owners, complete service records from new and everything was done at Acura dealerships. Car lived in Southern California and Nevada it’s whole life. Carfax is clear, no damage. The exterior is about 8/10, minor scratches and a few door ding type dents, paint still shines nicely. Completely stock.

Windows are getting tinted in a few days, I’ve got a Bluetooth connection on the way and that’s it for now. Paint will get a pro detailing in the next few weeks, then wheels and tires sometime this summer most likely. Planning to drive this thing for the next 5 years or however long it lasts. So far I’m loving it, great driving car!
GaRaS (05-29-2022)
Old 11-01-2023, 08:33 PM
1st Gear

Screen Name: PTRL
Country/State/City of purchase: Port Townsend, WA
Last 5 digit of Vin: xxxxx
Color Ext/Int: Premium White Pearl/Parchment
Month/Yr of purchase: Nov 2023
Price paid before tax/lic: $5000
Options: Gold emblems

63k original miles 4th owner, last two were in the family. In great shape, will be getting the rear windows re-tinted very soon. I haven’t seen many RL’s with the gold emblems, I’m typically not a fan of such things but I think they look great on the pearl white cars. Seems to bring out warm tones. Really glad to have found this forum!