2009 Acura TSX information released

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 07:33 PM
JDM FREAK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Acura TSX information released

Well, Acura has screwed it up again.
The 2009 Acura TSx will be a FWD 2.4L 201HP.
I dont know what they got in thier minds.
Please check this post out, i'm pasting from Vtec.net

My family, has owned many Hondas in its History---

87 Accord DX
92 Prelude Si
94 Integra LS
97 Acura 3.0 CL
2003 Honda Pilot
2003 Honda CRV
2004 Acura TSX
2004 Honda S2000
2005 Honda Elment

Needless to say I have a history of loving, respecting, and for lack of better way of putting it, completely Sack Riding Honda Products.

Everytime a new product comes out, even if I dont like it, i usally let myself warm up to it. And for the most part--- I get there.

For the first time in the 20 years since we've owned our first Honda, I am completely dumb founded, and speechless at the stupidity that Honda, and thus the Acura brand has fallen into.

I will start with my current biggest gripe, and that is the 3 models Honda has released in the last 2 months. Pilot, RL MMC, and TSX.

Keep in mind we currently own a first run Pilot (03) which is an amazing vehicle, but when we saw what the new 09 one looks like, theres proabably very little chance that I will want to give up my very handsome Pilot for that nerdy looking thing they're coming up with.

The RL is such a travesty I dont even know what to say. I can't belive there is a single person on the design team that could even remotely like that Camry/chrysler Sebring type contraption they've created. How long will it take for them to realize we all sincerely miss the clean sleek lines of the last generation in the US -- Legend??? How can they possibly belive, that anyone would just look at a GS350, or 535i, and then come and look at that RL and say, wow this car is just SO much more handsome than the aforementiond vehicles?

And what about this TSX? I'll admit that wihle the RL didn't and I dont think will ever grow on me, the pilot started to look a little handsome from every angle (other than the front) and even the TSX looks so close to the current generation its kidna hard not to just love it like a matured cute kid.

But 201hp??? out of a 4cyl??? front wheel drive only? forgive my language Acura, BUT WHAT THE FUCK.

How in the hell, is anyone supposed to cross shop this thing with the likes of the 3 series or IS250? Ok lets for argument's sake say that they never intended it to compete with those markets. But someoen explain to me why anyone would buy a $28,000, 201hp FWD 4cyl TSX? Go to honda, and these days you can get a fully optioned out Accord V6, with 268hp, a V6, damn near every option that the TSX offers. Hey scratch that, you can go get an Altima with MORE POWER AND FEATURES than either of these two vehciles. for the same price.

How is this even remotely competitive???? ITS NOT.

How is this even remotely satisfying thier most loyal clientle? Look below this post at all the inital reactions, people are in shock, they're in awe.

I'm lost. I really am. I dont know what to say. I'm that much of a die hard honda fan that I truely feel like banging on the door of Honda/Acura corporate offices in Cali and DEMANDING that the public take over the decisions of this company.

Will this thing sell? sure probably to people who see a good looking car and dont really care about anything else... but honda is burning serious bridges here. They need to undrestand they're not like toyota with their 50 and up buyers. their range of loyalties stem from people who have grown up with civic's and integras, and want to move into something just as fun to drive, but with some grown up status and flair.

I'm sorry but I truely feel that any honda fanboy will feel like a complete tool/stereotypical sackrider who just buys a car to support thier brand of choice.

there is simply no good reason what so ever, to purchase not only the RL but now the TSX.

Thanks honda/acura--- FUCK YOU VERY MUCH.

PS, u've taken my spirit with this TSX. If you fuck the TL up, my will for defending Honda/Acura's complete abandonment of the luxury coupe market, the refusal to create a true luxury v8 (and suv's with a real v8) and even the refusal to make anything at all RWD other than the S2000. If that TL is even close to as much of a horrible set of decisions as these last 3 vehicles ahve been, i'm done. I'm trading in the Pilot, the Element, the s2000, and the TSX, and i'm done i wash my hands of this piece of shit company who clearly doesn't respect its most loyal fan base.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:45 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How does this have to do with the RL?

Old 02-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Qatar, I see you have very strong feelings on the subject...I think Honda/Acura better wake up!
Old 02-14-2008, 08:38 PM
JDM FREAK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CL6
How does this have to do with the RL?

This affects the brand as whole, i can see them messing up the TL and NSX.
The letter is from a loyal Acura consumer, imagine if this is how a loyal consumer feels, how would you sell any Acura?
I only purchased the RL because i'm a loyal Honda consumer and had trust in thier product.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 630 Likes on 280 Posts
this does not belong here, take it to 2g TSX.