All rdx cvt trans

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 12:58 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All rdx cvt trans

My 2014 CRV has a severe vibration issue which is due to the CVT trans. I contacted Amer Honda Corp both in writing and telephone and got the run around. I found the service bulletin and several class action lawsuits against Honda for this issue. According to the Honda service bulletin 15-086 a software update and trans fluid replacement are in order. I called Honda Corp again with the service bulletin addressing the issue and the person, Nadine, ext 87734, at Honda was irritated that I had gotten a copy of the service bulletin. The Honda person said that the service bulletin is not directed to consumers and that I didn't understand it or should have a copy of it. The person insisted on finding out where I had obtained the service bulletin. I grilled the person back asking them why it was so important for them to know where I obtained the service bulletin and what's the difference if I had a copy of it or not. The dealer, Rick Case Honda in Davie FL, called me to talk me out of thinking it was a trans shudder issue and trying to tell me I just didnt know about cars enough to understand the bulletin or the issue with my car vibrating like an out of balance washing machine while lightly accelerating and having the vehicle vibrate extensively at about 25-40 mph. That fix is temporary and on top of that the dealer wants to charge me for this "repair" according to Rick Case service mgr Mark. Btw, Rick Case has really horrible reviews about their service dept and their sales dept as well, frickin losers. On top of that to be charged for their temporary repair is just outright asinine and dishonest. The pathetic service and crap quality flows like manure downwards from the Honda Japan offices to the American Honda Corp offices to the dealer network.

I was online with several people in Australia and others in the U.K.. What the people told me is that Honda in their country has decided to script in the same manner the way to handle customers' complaints of this trans shudder to defer any potential real repairs of this trans shudder regardless of vehicle's warranty status or try to confuse the customer with some fabricated bs. My vehicle has 51,004 miles. The "solution" Honda offers does not resolve the trans shudder, vibration at all or just slightly or temporarily. The reason Honda is pretending to do anything is for legal reasons. I've owned Honda products since 1970 and I am really disappointed with this Honda bs. Honda is a shadow of what it used to be quality wise and this is the perfect example of a company not wanting to correct a problem that is common in all their products with this CVT trans. They have known about this shudder or vibration since they introduced this trans and now after so many years their initial reaction is for the customer be denied that there's any abnormal vibration and then to say it's tire imbalance, under inflated tires, etc.. Honda's approach is coward and dishonest. Sales of Honda vehicles in Australia are 1/3 what they used to be just a few years ago because Honda Corp has produced junk and abandoned any semblance of responsibility in that country as well. In Australia the trans shudder is one of the most reported malfunctions of Honda vehicles and also a main reason customers have bought other brands.

I've invested way too much time on this issue already. I'm selling the CRV and will not buy anything Honda and I suggest you do the same. I will most likely buy a Toyota or Lexus. We're about to sell my son's car and get him something brand new as a reward for his great grades and gpa. You can bet your life it won't be a Honda. Honda can go straight to hell. Don’t bother contacting Honda anywhere worldwide for this CVT trans problem as their dishonest worldwide response is the same scripted unresolved dishonest garbage.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:20 PM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
RDX's use 6 speed autos in the 2nd gen, which is the sub-forum you posted under... Sorry to hear about your CR-V, I'm sure other members will chime in soon... Welcome to Acurazine!!!
Old 11-21-2018, 03:23 PM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
All CVT's shudder... Honda's CVT is actually a lot better than Nissan's, who started the trend in the early 2000's...

Whatever you get, if it's a CVT, it'll likely vibrate when stopped at some point...
Old 11-21-2018, 03:36 PM
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 52 Posts
I agree that honda is a shadow of what it used to be. With that said, if you've owned Hondas since 1970 you are probably aware that honda has a very long history of transmission problems. When I bought a new accord in 2000 I was told by a friend who owned a repair shop that as good as honda engines ARE, their transmissions ARE NOT. He told me I would have transmission issues. I had the original plus 3 rebuilt transmissions by about 85,000 miles (they put in rebuilt transmissions and gave me a new 36 month or 36k mile warranty each time). A friend of mine owned my old accord up until a couple months ago when the transmission went out of it. My 2016 RDX is fine (it clunks a lot when shifting, but it's fine). I changed the tranny fluid at 30k and will do so again at 60k as a preventative measure. Be glad you're not buying a new CR-V because the 1.5 liter turbos are having problems with gasoline leaking into the oil pan and I don't believe that issue has been resolved yet.