2014 RDX Upper Windshield Molding Replacement

Old 03-25-2017, 01:51 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 RDX Upper Windshield Molding Replacement

Today upon returning home from the dealer after having my RDX serviced and washed I noticed the upper rubber windshield molding is torn/worn. It appears to be starting to crack and dry rot, not certain if the damage was caused by the dealer power washing the car or possibly got damaged scraping ice this winter. Part 73150-TX4-A01 appears to be cheap enough, around $10. Is this is a job worth undertaking or leave it to a pro. I am unable to find anything online on how to complete this task and I am hoping it is just a matter of pulling out the old rubber and using a pry tool to set the new part in the groove without removal of other trim or the entire windshield.

Any help is appreciated..I can't stop looking at the edge of this molding now every time I go out to the car.

Oh yeah...I'm new to the forum, I hope I posted in the right place.

Thank you!
Old 03-26-2017, 10:31 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found these pics od same issue on the Hoda side with CRVs. The bottom pic appears to be ice scraper damage, but the top is what is happening to my RDX. There is no need to apply an ice scraper on the painted surface above the windshield to cause this damage. The texture of the rubber itself appears to have some defect in it due to the surface appearing to be uneven or dryrotting.

Still I haven't been able to determine if this molding can be replaced without removal of the windshield. Perhaps someone has a shop manual that could reference this and post a scan of installation instructions.

Search this Thread