All Weather Floor Matts

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 09:26 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All Weather Floor Matts

I am looking for some good rubber/all weather floor mats for my 2013 RDX. We have some weathertech floor liners with digital fit in our Odyssey and they fit fantastic, however according to their site they do not have them ready for the 2013 RDX yet.

I have kids and want maximum floor coverage to keep the crumbs and dirt contained. Any help?
Old 09-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
I am using OEM provided. Fits fine and contains crumbs as well as spills nicely.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:12 PM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stepmback
I am looking for some good rubber/all weather floor mats for my 2013 RDX. We have some weathertech floor liners with digital fit in our Odyssey and they fit fantastic, however according to their site they do not have them ready for the 2013 RDX yet.

I have kids and want maximum floor coverage to keep the crumbs and dirt contained. Any help?
Purchased at dealer. Overpriced but very nice. A better fit is achieved on the driver side if carpet is removed.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:55 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,545 Likes on 1,201 Posts
I usually get my OEM parts from Curry Acura Parts:

http://www.curryacuraparts.com/

They only have black mats for $124 (price includes shipping). I think the black floor mats looks better with any interior color in the Acura line up. The rubber cargo tray is life saver also (OEM or weathertech); the RDX will look and smell a lot better down the road with the rubber floor mats!
Old 09-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 444 Likes on 303 Posts
Originally Posted by stepmback

I too own and have owned Weather Tech mats. They are the best..IMHO. Just to fill you in. Weather Tech has the digital fit mats measured for our '13 RDX's. They are going through the remainder of the production process to make the mold, etc, and get them made. No timetable for sure, but, I check their site everyday. I'm waiting in hopes that I can get them before bad weather here in Colorado, but, I do have other mats I can substitute until they are ready to sell.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Costco has a set of decent all-weather floormats for $15, in black or tan. I've had them in the 2013 RDX since June, and used a set from Costco in the 2005 MDX for the 7 years I drove it (I don't work for Costco, I'm just a fan of good mats for low prices).

The new ones can be trimmed to fit, but the trimming marks on the driver's side mat don't exactly match the location of the dead pedal like the OEM would. Also, Acura's system to lock the mats in place is pretty good but of course it won't work with aftermarket mats. This set seems to stay in place just fine.

I had thought after all the "unintended acceleration" stories from Toyota that I would only use OEM mats in future, but the Acura price made me re-think that. The ones I've got now are much thinner than those I used on the MDX, I'm sure in response to safety concerns about them perhaps bunching up and getting wedged under the accelerator.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Re. the Acura way of securing the floormats. Does anybody know if Weathertech builds that into their mats so it will secure the same way as Acura brand? Or, do they just stay put due to the exact measurements? Never had Weathertech before but their corp office and store is only about 50 miles from me.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:53 AM
10th Gear

I got mine from the dealership....for free
Old 09-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 444 Likes on 303 Posts
Originally Posted by geocord
Re. the Acura way of securing the floormats. Does anybody know if Weathertech builds that into their mats so it will secure the same way as Acura brand? Or, do they just stay put due to the exact measurements? Never had Weathertech before but their corp office and store is only about 50 miles from me.
Yes, they will be made to secure just like the factory mats. They do not have the RDX mats yet, but, they are working on them. The measurements have been taken. Mold build, etc, is on the way. I have owned many and they are the best.
Anyone can buy junk for $15.

I am waiting until they have ours ready for sale...in the meantime I'm using a Honda all weather mat I had used on one of my CRV's. The Acura ones are not that great at all and cost as much as Weather Techs. Those that have used them for some time can attest to their quality.

My Honda parts mgr. only uses Weather Tech. The Honda all weathers have not been good at all. Can't keep them easily cleaned. Long story on those.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Yes, they will be made to secure just like the factory mats. They do not have the RDX mats yet, but, they are working on them. The measurements have been taken. Mold build, etc, is on the way. I have owned many and they are the best.
Anyone can buy junk for $15.

I am waiting until they have ours ready for sale...in the meantime I'm using a Honda all weather mat I had used on one of my CRV's. The Acura ones are not that great at all and cost as much as Weather Techs. Those that have used them for some time can attest to their quality.

Interesting...the Volvo/WeatherTech liners have a bump-up to accept the 'anchor' built into the Volvo floor, but the liners don't actually 'attach', they just fit over the pins. I'm told they hold position fine, but are not a 'snap-type' fit over the pin.

I'm personally in favor of a little more cushion and 'give' in the mat material, not as enamored with the plastic feel of the W-Techs(liners). I used GoodYear rubber mats in the XC60 when needed...they fit on top of the OEM carpet and were easy to remove when the 'elegant' look was desired. Our across the street neighbor loves his W-Tech liners in the back passenger area of his F150, but he has two kids and a 90-lb dog. Also, we don't get the nasty weather in Austin...rain about once a month, if that. I found the GoodYear mats looked OK and had a bit of 'give' to them. Unfortunately, the new variegated OEM flooring in the RDX isn't easy to replicate. I'm waiting (over two weeks) for color swatches on two of the other materials from AutoSport since I'm not convinced the traditional W-Tech black, tan or gray will match up with the parchment interior.

I've had a set of the Costco mats in our Volvo C70 and they do the job...not perfect, but pretty darned good for $18 .

Having said all that, I remember longing for a set of Coco mats for my '72 TR-6 and how those mats were THE thing for the Euro cars back then('bout the only Japanese 'sporty' cars around were the Datsuns). I'm about half tempted to 'go retro' with some Coco or Sisal mats for the RDX .

I am tickled that AutoSport has 'front only' mats in just about all models. Can't tell you how many pristine rear passenger mats I've 're-purposed' over the years...just don't have many rear seat occupants(usually only our Scottie-girl or my bicycle back there ).
Old 10-31-2012, 03:25 PM
Intermediate

I really need to get a cargo tray for my parchment interior. Can't decide between the OEM one which costs twice as much as the trim-to-fit WeatherTech:

Amazon Amazon

For those who have them, is the OEM at least as good as the WeatherTech?

Thanks.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
I can't speak on the quality of the tray by WeatherTech.....I can tell you that the OEM cargo tray is very nice and extremely useful.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:01 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by SpencerD
I really need to get a cargo tray for my parchment interior. Can't decide between the OEM one which costs twice as much as the trim-to-fit WeatherTech:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

For those who have them, is the OEM at least as good as the WeatherTech?

Thanks.
I hate to be cheap; but, I don't hate this one for thirty bucks shipped! Just ordered in beige...we'll see
Amazon Amazon
Old 11-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by CoachRick
I hate to be cheap; but, I don't hate this one for thirty bucks shipped! Just ordered in beige...we'll see
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...1&s=automotive
Wow, the cargo mat I mentioned above arrived today...that's fast! Looks pretty good for a trim-to-fit...will need to take a couple inches off the sides and the depth runs a fair amount 'up' the seatbacks. My seats are folded down 90% of the time, so this works well for me.

It's not a tray but a 'mat' or 'floor liner' and at $30, I'm very happy.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:45 PM
1st Gear

All Weather Mats

Just ordered the OEM Mats from http://www.acurapartssuperstore.com for $115. This site has discounted pricing for all the Acura accessories. I recommend you bundle orders to save on shipping fees. I looked into the Weathertech digifit set which is now available but they were $169. While they do protect a bit better than the stock set I could not justify the extra $ and the OEM set looks a bit nicer.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:25 PM
10th Gear

Looking to add all weather mats to my '14 WDP/Parchment.

Curious to see what percentage of people with the parchment interior have the black OEM mats vs. the tan weathertechs.

Please chime in with your thoughts.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:28 PM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 87 Posts
Weathertech floor mats and rear cargo mat. I have parchment interior, and the tan mats fit like they were sprayed in place. Hold the melting snow off your boots also.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:34 PM
Pro

Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts
We have the black Acura mats. They seem to fit well and work fine for us, Then again, we don't have to deal with mud & snow or even much rain here. I think if we lived somewhere with snow we might have gone with Weathertech instead.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm using the heavy rubber floor mats they sell at sams club. 20 bucks for front and rear, and there's a little trim lines on the front mats to get the to fit narrower cars. Had them on all my daily driver cars since the early 2000's.... Sport cars didn't get them Bc the cars were really small.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:20 PM
2015 RDX Tech AWD

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Discovered this place while putzing on line last night. They have plush carpet mats and wood trim kits. I'm going to be a guinea pig and buy matts from them. I like the feel of carpeted mats on my piggy's after a day at the beach. My days of worrying about snow/slush are over...

http://www.carid.com/2013-acura-rdx-...ain-dash-kits/