Genuine Acura Fluids for 2014 RDX

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 09:49 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Genuine Acura Fluids for 2014 RDX

Hi, I want to replace the coolant, transmission, rear differential and the transfer case fluids in my 2014 RDX, as the maintenance reminder B16 was turned on . Can anyone please let me know the genuine Acura p/n for these fluids and how the quantity I would need? Are the Honda oils/fluids the same and can be used in the Acrua? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:58 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Fluid capacity can be found in your owners manual.
you can find part numbers here: www.acuraoemparts.com

And yes, Honda is Acura.... And Honda has been using the same 6 cylinder engine since 1996
Old 02-10-2018, 02:17 PM
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmy_tom
Hi, I want to replace the coolant, transmission, rear differential and the transfer case fluids in my 2014 RDX, as the maintenance reminder B16 was turned on . Can anyone please let me know the genuine Acura p/n for these fluids and how the quantity I would need? Are the Honda oils/fluids the same and can be used in the Acrua? Thanks in advance.
My opinion...based on growing up turning a wrench on a car as my dad owned an auto parts store for 30+ years, many years of car ownership and many years of Honda ownership

My understanding is Honda / Acura fluids are one and the same.

Coolant: use the factory blue...unless you're willing to do a complete a complete flush with cleaner to get rid of all remnants of the old coolant. Don't mix.
ATF: I'm sold on Valvoline MaxLife Dex/Merc full synthetic ATF
Rear Differential: Nothing but Honda / Acura fluids
Transfer Case: I would tend to go with Honda / Acura, but any appropriate gear oil should do