2017 Advance Pkg Fog Bulb Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 07:29 AM
Inveterate Tinkerer

Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by kether
Sorry, maybe a little off topic. I have 2018 RDX Tech. Which will be the easiest (and the least expensive way) to install fog lights to my vehicle? Thank you
Easiest, visit your Acura dealer or an online source and order the fixture. Here's a link to one example

Least expensive: shop local or online wrecking yards/dismantlers like this one for RDX fogs.

For both, if your light switch stalk has an on/off for fogs you probably already have wiring up front (pull back the wheel well liner to check). If not you'll have to install your own switch/relay tapping into one of the fuse boxes for power. Maybe a little time consuming but certainly not difficult.

Cheers!
The following users liked this post:
kether (07-14-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 06:03 PM
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Gadgetjq
This turned out to be a very simple 20 minute upgrade.
I ordered LED H11 bulbs here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
There are a few complaints in the reviews section about their brightness but I was nearly blinded after plugging each bulb (for testing) into a 12v power supply. Installation is just a matter of removing one screw and two plastic plugs on each side of the car, pull the fender liner back, reach in to remove the OEM Halogen bulb (just a slight twist to the left) then removing the connector. Plug the connector into the new bulb, put the bulb in the socket, twist to the right and the LED is in. Put the fender liner back in place, replace the plugs and screw and done! Here's the before (yellowish) and after (white LED matches headlights) result. One caveat, I have no idea whether this will still function as a fog light is supposed to with a distinct cut off in front and to the side. Where I live (Phoenix) it doesn't matter but if you're in fog country it might.
Thanks for the install instructions. RDX is in the garage, screws and clips out along with original bulbs out with fender cover ready to go for install.

The passenger side install will be a bit tricky as you can't see the bulb opening from the wheel well..
I'm waiting for an order from VLEDS which should arrive Saturday..