Various Electronic Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 01:45 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Various Electronic Issues

I have a 2015 RDX Base and I am getting so frustrated with the car that I need to vent. Tomorrow my husband is taking it in to a different dealer to find out what is going on. I have been having the following issues that don't happen all of the time but I would say about 50% of the time: the programmable seats only work some of the time, I have my car programmed to unlock all doors when I put the car into park and all of the doors wont unlock, when I make a call it will dial the call but also stream music or a podcast, it will think I am on a call when I am not and I cannot 'hang up', my one touch driver side window won't always go up after pressing the button one time, and lastly I hear a click (similar to electronics when they are powering down) in the dash after driving the car for 5 or so miles. It all seems to me to be connected to the car's computer. I found it funny that when I mentioned the phone issues at the dealer closest to me they blamed it on my phone and told me the click is normal. Not to mention that when I had my brakes replaced (and there was a service bulletin out for that) they tried to tell me my car was no longer under warranty- I has only 21K miles on it! I really hope it can be fixed. This is my first Acura and I am wondering if it will be my last.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
It may be due to a weak battery or a failing MICU. Whenever people complain about seemingly disassociated various electrical problems, I always find a low charged/failing battery can lead to it. Can you go to a Costco or Sears and buy a new battery and test to see if that's it?
Old 03-27-2017, 02:15 PM
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 52 Posts
We have new batteries in our fobs. The programmable seat has never worked with my wife's fob, but when she pushes "2" it will go to the pre-programmed position. I used to be able to manually record CDs to the hard drive, but can no longer do that. I have to record the entire CD then delete the song(s) I don't want. We don't use the phone in the car (we don't use Bluetooth), but I have tried voice commands for music. I don't even try that any longer as never got what I asked for. All in all, I think the electronics package is lacking in our '16 RDX advance. I live an hour from the dealer, but the issues aren't worth taking the car in for.... and I would fear the car would come back with problems (dash rattles, etc) that it didn't have when I took it in.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
To clarify: i'm referring to the large car battery, not the battery in the fob.