USB resume/playback

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy USB resume/playback

Hi,
I am not sure if anyone else is having the same problem, but i have stored many songs on a 16GB usb flash drive, which is plugged into the built-in adapter. The music plays perfectly fine, however, when i turn off my car and then back on it doesnt resume. Instead it starts to play from the beginning (first album, first track). I looked through all the settings and i cannot find away to adjust this. CD and HDD seems to do this fine.
Any suggestions?
Old 08-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Blaz3.....You are describing one of my biggest peeve about the RDX. I, too, use a USB stick and like you, on short trips, will turn the vehicle only to find the song playback starting all over again, in the same order, start again when I turn the keys back on. This is not limited to the RDX but also on my 2012 TL......You can't begin to appreciate how it irritates me. I am planning on calling Acura and informing them of my concern.

If misery loves company, take comfort in knowing you are not alone that is irritated by the issue.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:38 AM
Cruisin'

Wow, you're having the same issue with your TL? that sucks, i was really hoping there would be a quick fix. I guess this is an issue with the audio system they use in most of their vehicles. I have a 2013 Elantra, which has a usb drive. The menu allows you to adujust the USB settings. Do you know what channel you will submit your complaint? (dealership/HQ)
Old 08-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Suzuka Master

Blaz3....I have an Accent which also has a USB and may try and see how that works. As far as the acura, the audio system is identical and what plagues the RDX is also part of the TL which surprises me that no one has raised this concern/annoyance before. Escalating to the dealership will have no impact, I will go through Acura Canada but even there, I doubt there will be any follow up. This would require too much work and I am not that important to them....
Old 08-16-2012, 01:08 PM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I hate to tell you this guys, but my USB doesn't do that!. It resumes to the same folder, same track and the exact second it was on when I turned the RDX off.

Regards, Jim
Old 08-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Hi Jim....Mine does that too. When I turn it off, it will go to the track that was playing when I turned it off. The issue is that once it starts what is so called a "random" mode, you will see that it is not that random after all. For example, if I start the RDX (or the TL) and listen to about 8-10 songs before I reach town and turn the engine off.....when I turn the car back on, the song that was playing at the time of shut off will resume, but then following tracks will often go back (maybe 3 or 4 songs back) and play those in the same order again.

So for example....Start the car, track A, B, C, D, E, F, G then stop the vehicle halways through track G. Start back the vehicle, track G resume, then track D, E, F etc... plays back. If you do multiple stops and start in town, this will get annoying very quick.

I have an MP3 player from Sony and that NEVER happens and that is a great "shuffle/random" mode as I have over 1200 songs on it and rare do I hear the same songs and its always a surprise because I find myself saying, Oh I forgot I had this song here. The Acura, not so much.

Hope this helps describe the problem that me and blaz3 have been experiencing.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just put the mp3 player in the car?
Old 08-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Suzuka Master

^^^ That would be a great idea and do that occasionally but the problem is that where its not an IPOD, the MP3 will lose its charge which means I always have to bring it in, charge it and the other draw back is that the MP3 will not display the name of the songs or folder on the audio display. Now you may ask...why not get an IPOD? I have considered that option but I am not a fan of having to use I-tune to upload all the songs I have as MP3s.

My biggest source of irritation is that I shouldn't have to buy an IPOD to deal with something that Acura should have implemented better. They have the shuffle feature there, why not implement it properly. And also, when you have all the folders (200+), why you are in folder X, you can press the folder option and go folder X +/- 1 instead of having to start all the way from the top and use the wheel to scroll all the way down? If I am playing songs in folder 195 and want to listen to songs in folder 190, I have to start all teh way to the top and spin the wheel allllllllll the way down. Even you could go backward, it would be a step in the right direction....sure someone at Acura can figure it out?!
Old 08-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
Hi Jim....Mine does that too. When I turn it off, it will go to the track that was playing when I turned it off. The issue is that once it starts what is so called a "random" mode, you will see that it is not that random after all. For example, if I start the RDX (or the TL) and listen to about 8-10 songs before I reach town and turn the engine off.....when I turn the car back on, the song that was playing at the time of shut off will resume, but then following tracks will often go back (maybe 3 or 4 songs back) and play those in the same order again.

So for example....Start the car, track A, B, C, D, E, F, G then stop the vehicle halways through track G. Start back the vehicle, track G resume, then track D, E, F etc... plays back. If you do multiple stops and start in town, this will get annoying very quick.

I have an MP3 player from Sony and that NEVER happens and that is a great "shuffle/random" mode as I have over 1200 songs on it and rare do I hear the same songs and its always a surprise because I find myself saying, Oh I forgot I had this song here. The Acura, not so much.

Hope this helps describe the problem that me and blaz3 have been experiencing.
Yeah, thanks for the clarification. I have noticed the the random feature doesn't work.

Regards, Jim
Old 08-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Cruisin'

Weather, i decided to submit a 'concern' using the Acura.com's website. Here is the link if you want to do the same.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Blaz3...I just got off the phone with Acura Canada and explained the problem. The guy told me to send an e-mail explaining everything in detail and that it COULD be used to better enhance the features of Acura vehicles....In other words, I am not holding my breath that anything will be done. I may just breakdown and get an IPOD or just live with the problem...*sigh*
Old 08-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by weather
Blaz3...I just got off the phone with Acura Canada and explained the problem. The guy told me to send an e-mail explaining everything in detail and that it COULD be used to better enhance the features of Acura vehicles....In other words, I am not holding my breath that anything will be done. I may just breakdown and get an IPOD or just live with the problem...*sigh*
UPDATE....I broke down and did the "right thing" by taking the time to write a lengthy e-mail describing all the problems I have been ranting about (USB related issues). If I hear anything, I'll keep you guys informed.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:16 AM
Cruisin'

Hi Weather, Thanks for keeping me in the loop. I haven't received a response from my message to Acura, though i wasn't really expecting one... for the short term i have ripped a few cds to the car's harddrive
Old 08-21-2012, 07:21 AM
Cruisin'

... forgot to mention that i also messaged Acura via Twitter (@AcuraClientCare)... i dont really use twitter often, but i thought it would be worth a shot.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:29 AM
Suzuka Master

^^^ No problem...I ain't expecting anything either but hey, at least I can sleep better knowing I vented my frustration to someone. Now, I can't be accused of complaining but not doing anything about it *lol* BTW...I am not into the tweet so I won't persue that route but next time I am at the dealership, I'll show the folks there what I mean and hopefully, they can put pressure on Acura Canada too.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has heard back from Acura about an update or fix for these issues? Al
Old 10-31-2013, 11:22 AM
Cruisin'

Hey Guys
The people at my dealership did not know the answer. However, i believe this is an issue with higher capacity USB flash drives. Before i was only using 16 and 32gb drives. I have recently used 4gb and 6gb flash drives with no problem! i hope this info helps you guys