Radio presets take several seconds to display

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 08:15 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Radio presets take several seconds to display

I’ve been experiencing an issue recently on my 2017 RDX Advance where I’ll turn on the radio, sound will start coming through the system, but the display remains completely blank for at least 5 or so seconds – the boxes will come up showing where the presets are geographically located on the display, but nothing is in them and the current station doesn’t show up. About five or so seconds later, everything will finally pop up.

Also, occasionally when I turn on the satellite radio, the presets won’t all convert over from numbers to channel names... it’ll get almost all the way through the first screen (1-6) but will sometimes stop, and several of the presets show CH### instead of the channel name.

I’m wondering if this is at all related to the wiring harness in the dashboard. I had to have it adjusted earlier this year when it was too tight in the dashboard, causing the GPS to malfunction.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:33 PM
Touring

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts
That's normal operation. It's due to having a system with inadequate computer resources. Takes a while to get things going.
The following users liked this post:
RockTheGlobe (06-30-2017)