Iphone, Voice Directions, Goggle Maps

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 09:41 AM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Iphone, Voice Directions, Goggle Maps

2016 RDX Advanced

I continue to have issues broadcasting Google Maps directions over speaker system with my iphone and was wondering if anyone had a solution. After entering address on my iphone and starting Google Maps the directions come over the Acura sound system as a phone call for about the first minute with a voice announcing the phone is "Hanging Up" at the end of each direction. After about the third direction announcing the phone is "Hanging Up" no further directions come over the Acura sound system and then the direction start to come over the speaker in my iphone.

I have deleted and paired my iphone several times to the Acura sound system to no avail. Suggestions?
Old 07-05-2017, 07:16 AM
Inveterate Tinkerer

Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts
This is more an observation than help but I've noticed issues with iPhone and auto nav systems across multiple forums (not just Acura). It might not just be the phone either, it could be your carrier. If you haven't done so already, check Acura's phone compatibility page. It's possible your phone or the OS you're running won't work for some functions. Here's a link.

Just for grins, find a friend/neighbor/family member with an Android phone and see if they'll go for a ride with you. Pair their phone with your system and try to navigate. If it works, maybe it's time for you to move on to Android.

Cheers!

Last edited by Gadgetjq; 07-05-2017 at 07:22 AM.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:48 AM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the link.

It appears IOS 10.3.2 which I'm currently running on my IPhone is not supported. However, I sent an email to the customer support center and I'll see what they say.