Acuralink APP Issue Connecting to Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 07:57 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acuralink APP Issue Connecting to Car

Hi I got a 2017 RDX on Friday and I been trying to get the Acuralink app to work on my iPhone 7, I installed it, put in all my login info and get logged in - it then tries to SYNC the data and appears to connect with my car - it says "requesting vehicle status" after a few minutes it says last updated NEVER. Any idea why it won't sync my car data? I tried on my computer and it gives me the same thing. I figured its been over 72 hours so my account should be all set. Any ideas what i am doing wrong?
Thanks
Old 07-08-2017, 08:14 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For anyone having this problem call the Acuralik tech support, they are great had it fixed within 24 hours. Also anyone who use iphones I was told that the new software update 10.3.2 knocked out the Text/Message capibility in the car, they informed Apple and it should be fixed in the next IOS update.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:42 PM
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
that apps sucks
Old 08-01-2017, 04:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also had serious problems connecting to my RDX with the various iOS updates. A new AcuraLink app just came out this morning and works great on my iPhone, and it has a complete UI overhaul and looks pretty sweet.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:03 PM
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 165 Posts
I just installed the new version for Android.

First problem is that it only displays distance in miles, and tire pressure in PSI. Here in Canada we use kilometers and kilo-pascals.

The next change is that it no longer shows the lock status of each individual door like the previous version, it only gives an overall locked or unlocked.

It will no longer show the status of the parking brake

Finally if you click on "locate my vehicle" it will show the location on a map (a nice addition), and flash the lights, but it will no longer give the option to honk the horn, which is a valuable tool when trying to locate your car in a large parking lot.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:32 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RDX-Rick
but it will no longer give the option to honk the horn, which is a valuable tool when trying to locate your car in a large parking lot.
Odd, the iOS version has the “honk the horn” option right next to the “flash lights.”
Old 08-02-2017, 10:27 AM
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 165 Posts
I finally located the option to honk the horn on this weeks version of the Android AcuraLink.

In the previous version I simply selected "Remote" from the main menu and I was presented with the options that were available for remote control.

With the new version I need to select "Car Finder" from the main menu. It then takes about 30 seconds for the map to update and show the location of my RDX. During the last 15 seconds that the map update is occurring, the lights on the RDX are flashing. I have no ability to locate the vehicle without flashing the lights. It is only after the 30 seconds it takes the map to update that I get the options to"Flash Lights" or "Honk Horn" at the bottom of the map page. Of course when I select one of these options it will take another 15-30 seconds before the RDX responds.

In other words, I still have the ability to honk the horn, but only after 45-60 seconds from starting the process.