2013 RDX HFL location?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 08:36 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 RDX HFL location?

Howdy RDX owners. My HFL has completely stopped responding recently and I'd like to pull it out and take a look of it myself. However, the dealership couldn't tell me where the module is located themselves.... and no post anywhere online seem to talk about its location(all of the threads/videos are for TL and MDX). Has anyone ever attempted to fix it and therefore knows its location?
Old 01-04-2019, 07:45 AM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I need to disable my HFL module as well. Does anyone know where it is in the 2013 RDX?
Old 01-04-2019, 09:12 AM
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
It's called an HFT unit. This implies that it is in the dash near the heater controls. https://www.acurapartsnow.com/auto-p...er=39770tx4a22
Old 01-05-2019, 06:15 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Pretty sure it is located right side of right foot well behind the right side panel. Mine was replaced a few times when I first got my RDX. My Eyes Free function enabling the use of Siri has also stopped working with the release of iOS 12. Acura released a service bulletin/letter at least a year ago stating they would no longer support that feature. Of course Apple isnt going to make sure their latest iOS will continue to function with the older interfaces such as the one in the RDX and Acura wont do anything about it although the vehicle is still under warranty. I was in the impression that the driver's controls where designed to maximise safety and security while driving, but the lost of Siri through the steering wheel control has made driving more dangerous without being able to use Siri. The alternative is to now use Siri on the phone while driving which make things too dangerous and is illegal here in Canada.

Every Acura owner should ask Acura/Honda to update their module software to continue allowing the use of Siri to keep our driving safe!