Windows rolled down an inch when parked?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 08:49 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Windows rolled down an inch when parked?

This has happened twice with my new RDX. After parking and locking it, I'll come back to find the windows down about an inch.

I searched the manual but couldn't find any reference to that.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks in advance!s

Tim
Old 05-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
If it is all of the windows it may be related to the function on the remote where you press twice and hold to open all of the windows. Maybe you have a defective remote.
The following users liked this post:
Dorsey (11-29-2012)
Old 05-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mikejmack
If it is all of the windows it may be related to the function on the remote where you press twice and hold to open all of the windows. Maybe you have a defective remote.
i missed that feature. i can't believe my base model ridgeline had it while my loaded Rdx is missing.

but back to the OP, i think that's what it is. my father have a tendency to clipped his keys to his belt and would active the roll down window when he sit down.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by DateTSX
i missed that feature. i can't believe my base model ridgeline had it while my loaded Rdx is missing.

but back to the OP, i think that's what it is. my father have a tendency to clipped his keys to his belt and would active the roll down window when he sit down.
RDX has it as well, press unlock on the remote twice (5 sec apart) and hold it the second time, the windows/sunroof open couple of inches. If you press it again, the tailgate opens too.
The following users liked this post:
Dorsey (11-29-2012)
Old 05-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Banned

Thanks folks. I'll bet that's it.

It's a feature and not a bug!
Old 05-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by RDXAWDTech'13
Thanks folks. I'll bet that's it.

It's a feature and not a bug!
well it still shouldn't happen on its own, right?? i would get it checked out.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did this happen on a hot day? I had this happen twice on my new mdx...but the same as these responses...it must be a bug...but curious since I had the same experience.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Cruisin'

While purchasing my RDX yesterday the salesmen explained that the car would automatically do this on a hot day. It rang a bell with me because I had read this post previously. The car can senses the internal temperature and will open the windows. I tried to tack it down in my owners manual but had no success. It appears to be a universal Acura feature. There has to be a way to turn it off.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:55 AM
Banned

Yes, it was warm on both days this (windows down an inch) happened to me.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Surfer88
While purchasing my RDX yesterday the salesmen explained that the car would automatically do this on a hot day. It rang a bell with me because I had read this post previously. The car can senses the internal temperature and will open the windows. I tried to tack it down in my owners manual but had no success. It appears to be a universal Acura feature. There has to be a way to turn it off.
This has to be the worst "feature" I've ever heard of. I hope it's a problem and not a feature. What if it starts raining after the car decides it's time to open the windows by itself? What's next? The car will decide to drive itself to the forest in the shade where is cooler?
What is someone decides it's a very good time to steal some of your valuables while is too hot in your vehicle and the car decided to open the windows? Tell that to your insurance company!
I just love it when car salesmen just make shit up to impress you. It happens all the time.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rdxm
This has to be the worst "feature" I've ever heard of. I hope it's a problem and not a feature. What if it starts raining after the car decides it's time to open the windows by itself? What's next? The car will decide to drive itself to the forest in the shade where is cooler?
What is someone decides it's a very good time to steal some of your valuables while is too hot in your vehicle and the car decided to open the windows? Tell that to your insurance company!
I just love it when car salesmen just make shit up to impress you. It happens all the time.
i agree...it hasnt happened to me since...but there hasnt been a hot day again to see if this "feature' happens again...if it does, i would like to disable it for the reasons mentioned above.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Advanced

Know this was 6 months ago but I have a TL and I installed a viper 2 way alarm and remote start system and its been about 2 weeks and now every once in a while I hit unlock or remote start and all windows roll down about an inch??? It's 50 and below in Kansas now so anyone know what could be going on?? I asked in the TL forums too just exploring everyone's knowledge.....
Old 11-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
It just happened to me two days ago. No after-market parts installed. Unlocked my MDX and all windows started coming down. I have a feeling the key fob buttons are getting stuck.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:07 PM
Advanced

But see I have aftermarket remote so windows don't roll down for me anymore bc I'm not using factory remote?? It's crazy I never had this issue with my factory remote and I have a module that allows windows to roll up when lock button is pressed and I unplugged that module and everything is working fine again I don't understand it
Old 11-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Thanks to all for this thread. My wife parked our base RDX at Costco and came out to find the windows down an inch and the sunroof slightly open. She was freaking out until I told her I had read this was possible if her keys got pushed inside her purse while she was walking away. I still got blamed for not telling her about it in advance.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I just posted this in another thread but thought I'd post here too. I had this feature in my '08 Lexus IS 350 (which I just traded for our new '13 RDX) and got burned by this before. After a few days of heavy rain came back to see all the windows down and interior soaked. Interior was never the same after that. I definitely want this disabled asap.

Originally Posted by 07TLBONB
Know this was 6 months ago but I have a TL and I installed a viper 2 way alarm and remote start system and its been about 2 weeks and now every once in a while I hit unlock or remote start and all windows roll down about an inch??? It's 50 and below in Kansas now so anyone know what could be going on?? I asked in the TL forums too just exploring everyone's knowledge.....
I wanted to get an aftermarket remote start system since Acura's is $760 but now I'm nervous after reading your post 07TLBONB
Old 12-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Dorsey
Thanks to all for this thread. My wife parked our base RDX at Costco and came out to find the windows down an inch and the sunroof slightly open. She was freaking out until I told her I had read this was possible if her keys got pushed inside her purse while she was walking away. I still got blamed for not telling her about it in advance.
You are not alone, my friend ... my wife does the same to me.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
SPEAKING of leaving the windows down an inch...has anyone noticed how loose the window is in frame when closing the door while the window is down an inch or two? (Sorry for the run-on sentence). The window rattles like crazy when you close the door...MUCH more than any of our Volvos...even more than the convertible windows when the top is down .

I haven't been in for service; but this needs to be checked...especially now that the weather is cooler and dry, I prefer to leave the windows 'cracked' a bit instead of running the A/C all the time. Gosh golly, those windows are loose!