Weather Tech Products

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 444 Likes on 303 Posts
Weather Tech Products

I wanted to dedicate a thread to just the products from Weather Tech.
I have read in various places here talk about when Weather Tech will have the floor mats for our 13 RDX's? Seems most of us really would rather have these.

I talked to Cust. Service today and they have not started on this model yet. But....I was told the engineers read the emails sent to the Cust. Serv. site and if we want them to get started sooner than later.....the more of us to write in and ask for them the quicker we may see them available.

Just go to the Weather Tech web site. Click on Cust. Service and Contact Us. Fill out the info. and then write about your request.
It could help. I know I put off buying any other mats, for now, hoping they will have the mats I want before winter. It will be close!!
The following users liked this post:
mikejmack (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
+1 here. I sent mine before I took delivery of my RDX.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:52 PM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Sent an email, also prior to taking delivery, never heard from them either way. Went with the Acura mats, which gape a little by the door. The WeatherTech one's for other models seem to go up and over the sill a little, better protection.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:45 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The custom-fit WeatherTechs are GREAT! I hope you guys can get them soon.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Instructor

For those waiting for the weathertech mats, here is an update that I received from them today:

"So we have a large list here of vehicles ranging from 2005-2013.
Finishing the 2012 models are the top priority then the 2013 models.
Your vehicle has officially began the process of being created, it is no
longer on the list of eventually. Your vehicle has been scanned which
means the floor plan has been mapped out. Then it will need to be
engineered and a tool will need to be created and then production. If
you take a look at out facebook page we have some cool pictures showing
customers this whole process. I apologize that you were told 3-4 months
a couple months ago, at the time it was looking like it would be scanned
relatively soon. Sometimes very high demand products bump some vehicles
back a couple weeks. These are things that are out of my vision
unfortunately. However, your vehicle has begun the process and is in
motion. Unfortunately it is a lengthily process, because WeatherTech
does not want to supply a product that is not a perfect fit."
snowlion (08-24-2012)
Old 08-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Weather Techs are great, have them our older Land Cruiser. Maybe by the time we get our RDX this Fall the new 2013 mats will be ready. Hope so because we live in snow country!
Old 10-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikejmack
For those waiting for the weathertech mats, here is an update that I received from them today:

Any updates on WeatherTech production for 2013 RDX? Products still not listed on their site, but if scans were completed in August maybe there is hope for them before winter sets in?
Old 10-25-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm a dude you reprobates

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by mikejmack

I called over there today, got the same answer of 3-4 months out.
Time to buy factory mats before the rain turns to snow, I guess.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by AmberB
I called over there today, got the same answer of 3-4 months out.
Time to buy factory mats before the rain turns to snow, I guess.
That's crazy. They told me the same thing in May when I first asked.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:27 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the response I got from them this week...

"Thank you for your interest in MacNeil Automotive.

FloorLiners are in development for the 2013 RDX and we hope to have the parts available in the next six to eight weeks. Feel free to fill out the Product Request Form found in the Customer Service section of the website and we will be able to contact you if parts are designed in the future.

Please let us know if you have further questions and we will be happy to help.

Best regards,

Derek
MacNeil Automotive
1.800.441.6287"
Old 10-26-2012, 01:21 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

FLOOR LINER Digital FIT from Weather Tech are now available on their web site!!!
Fronts only. Not sure when the rears will be available. The fronts are $99.99. Two colors.

Ordered mine today.

I know many of you were waiting just like me. I've been checking everyday. The previous info. lead us to believe it would still be awhile.....but....no, the fronts are here now.

Mine are on the way.

Get those orders in!!! LOL!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Colorado Guy AF Ret.:
BlackDogRDX (10-26-2012), mikejmack (10-26-2012)
Old 10-26-2012, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
FLOOR LINER Digital FIT from Weather Tech are now available on their web site!!!
Fronts only. Not sure when the rears will be available. The fronts are $99.99. Two colors.

Ordered mine today.

I know many of you were waiting just like me. I've been checking everyday. The previous info. lead us to believe it would still be awhile.....but....no, the fronts are here now.

Mine are on the way.

Get those orders in!!! LOL!!

F### ME

I just ordered factory mats yesterday after the bimbo on the phone said 3-4 months!!!

F*&^!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

[quote=AmberB;14126797]F### ME

I just ordered factory mats yesterday after the bimbo on the phone said 3-4 months!!!

Don't know where you ordered the other ones from, but, try and cancel the order, or when received return them. Depends on how bad you want the Weather Techs.

I had read all the other info....even talked to them myself some time ago. I just decided to use an old mat and just hoped they would be done in time. I checked everyday and today is when they first popped up on their web site.
Sorry Amber B!!!
Old 10-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Instructor

hopefully they release the 2nd row soon also - you normally save some $$ by purchasing the set together
Old 10-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Dang! AutoSport has a 20% off mats and liners right now; but they aren't showing the W-Tech for the '13 yet. Hey, twenty bucks is twenty bucks! Guess I'll wait a bit. Their 'Rubbertite' is custom cut and might not be bad @ $40 for the fronts. The 'Hexomat' would be another five bucks or so but only comes in tan. I'm thinking the brown rubbertite mat would match the RDX floor better and not show scuffs and dirt so quickly. I don't think I need the liner, just the mats. Decisions, decisions

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/util...rtite-mats.cfm

Last edited by CoachRick; 10-26-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,941 Likes on 14,057 Posts
Yup...have a set in my FX. These are awesome especially in a snow-filled climate.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Yumcha
Yup...have a set in my FX. These are awesome especially in a snow-filled climate.
Huh...85F here yesterday. Not lookin' for snow any time soon!!
Old 10-27-2012, 11:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
It should take Weather Tech 2-3 weeks to produce and ship the trays.

As a side note...if/when you go to purchase the rears, call in and do it. Usually if you purchase the fronts and backs together, you get a discount. The agent I spoke to was totally awesome. She gave me the discount and FREE SHIPPING for being a loyal customer.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Racer

For those that have ordered these, can you provide an update once they arrive? I'm looking to see how materially better these are than the Acura one's. I note that the Acura one's tend to separate a little at the door, right where snow and the like would be coming in, and they are sort of oddly contoured at the gas pedal such that the carpet isn't totally covered. Seems like perhaps the WeatherTech's are more a bowl like design that would contain winter slop a little better and also extend up and over the doorsill, eliminating any chance for water to get under the mat?
Old 10-28-2012, 11:48 PM
6th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I just checked their website and see no cargo liners. I made a product request.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by gbriank
It should take Weather Tech 2-3 weeks to produce and ship the trays.

As a side note...if/when you go to purchase the rears, call in and do it. Usually if you purchase the fronts and backs together, you get a discount. The agent I spoke to was totally awesome. She gave me the discount and FREE SHIPPING for being a loyal customer.
Not sure where you got your info. on the time line, but, it's incorrect.

I ordered my fronts on 10/26 and they will be here via Fed Ex in 5 bus. days....arriving 11/1. They have them and they are ready to go. Just got my tracking info....Fed Ex has them in their hot little hands.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by Sculldog3
For those that have ordered these, can you provide an update once they arrive? I'm looking to see how materially better these are than the Acura one's. I note that the Acura one's tend to separate a little at the door, right where snow and the like would be coming in, and they are sort of oddly contoured at the gas pedal such that the carpet isn't totally covered. Seems like perhaps the WeatherTech's are more a bowl like design that would contain winter slop a little better and also extend up and over the doorsill, eliminating any chance for water to get under the mat?
The Acura/Honda floor mats are very similar. Have owned the Honda mats recently in my CRV's. I have owned Weather Techs...and currently have them in my Accord Cpe. They are far better than the factory mats. I looked at the Acura RDX mats and immediately did not like them. The Weather Techs were perfect in my CRV's and I love the digital mats that are in my Accord.

My RDX Weather Techs arrive Thursday. I know they will fit like a glove just like my other ones did/do. That's why most owners feel they are the best.

That's my 2 cents!!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Not sure where you got your info. on the time line, but, it's incorrect.

I ordered my fronts on 10/26 and they will be here via Fed Ex in 5 bus. days....arriving 11/1. They have them and they are ready to go. Just got my tracking info....Fed Ex has them in their hot little hands.
Pretty sure he was talking about the cargo liner and not the front mats. Mats are on the website so of course they can be ordered. Cargo liner is in the pipeline apparently. Think I'll wait for the rears to be ready to insure a package deal.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
[QUOTE=Colorado Guy AF Ret.;14126826]
F### ME

Don't know where you ordered the other ones from, but, try and cancel the order, or when received return them. Depends on how bad you want the Weather Techs.

I had read all the other info....even talked to them myself some time ago. I just decided to use an old mat and just hoped they would be done in time. I checked everyday and today is when they first popped up on their web site.
Sorry Amber B!!!
Did you order the floor mats or the liners? I would love to see pictures of them when they arrive. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

[quote=mbm0420;14133468]
Did you order the floor mats or the liners? I would love to see pictures of them when they arrive. Thanks in advance!
They are only offering the liners right now. And I like them better anyway. Although I've owned the mats and they are high quality also. I just prefer the liners. Mine will be here Thurs. Don't know when the rears will be ready to sell. I can be patient on those. I don't haul people around anyway!! LOL!!

But, the mats are definately better quality than the factory mats. That I know, since I've owned both.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:21 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by geocord
Pretty sure he was talking about the cargo liner and not the front mats. Mats are on the website so of course they can be ordered. Cargo liner is in the pipeline apparently. Think I'll wait for the rears to be ready to insure a package deal.
Mats are not ready for the '13 RDX yet. Just the liners...and fronts only. Haven't checked today, but, that's what the status was yesterday. I didn't check on the cargo liners, but, I don't think those are ready yet either.

They hurried up to get our liners ready earlier than normal since they had so many requests to get them done for us eager buyers!!! So, we are getting what we are getting sooner than it would have normally happened. I'm happy to get the fronts for now.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

I realize now that I have used the wrong nomenclature for the Weather Techs. I called them "mats" when I should have said "liners" digitally measured, etc.

I ordered what was available and that is the liners...fronts only for now available. The "mats" were not on the list for the RDX yet.

Sorry for any confusion I might have caused.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:38 AM
Instructor

I ordered my liners. I'm in Canada - I was told they wouldn't get them for 4-5 weeks as they are 'busy' and the chicago warehouse can't send them until then. Complete horseshit, but I can't order them from the US site. Any suggestions?
Old 11-02-2012, 10:11 AM

F### ME

F*&^!!!!!!
Just to follow up on my tempter tantrum...it may have been a bit unnecessarily dramatic. The factory mats came in yesterday. I was surprised to see how deep they are. The driver's mat is disappointing because the space under the accelerator pedal is NOT protected at all, but otherwise the mats fit well and look like they'll be adequate. The weather tech liners probably would have been better, but at least I'm not completely SOL.

I also got the factory cargo tray. Perfect match to the factory mats, and also deeper than I expected. I'm really pleased with the cargo tray. My dog likes it too. She was slipping too much on the cargo area liner. Now the liner just protects the sides/seat backs and the tray covers the floor.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Racer

Just to follow up on my tempter tantrum...it may have been a bit unnecessarily dramatic. The factory mats came in yesterday. I was surprised to see how deep they are. The driver's mat is disappointing because the space under the accelerator pedal is NOT protected at all, but otherwise the mats fit well and look like they'll be adequate. The weather tech liners probably would have been better, but at least I'm not completely SOL.

I also got the factory cargo tray. Perfect match to the factory mats, and also deeper than I expected. I'm really pleased with the cargo tray. My dog likes it too. She was slipping too much on the cargo area liner. Now the liner just protects the sides/seat backs and the tray covers the floor.
I'm interested in the Weather Tech mats but they appear to be fairly hard, kind of like plastic. I've never had them so I will to actually have to go see them at their factory store since I live in the area. Are the Acura mats thick and pliable? I had factory Infiniti mats and they were very deep and also the rubber was soft and pliable even in 0 or below degrees. Your thoughts?
Old 11-02-2012, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by geocord
I'm interested in the Weather Tech mats but they appear to be fairly hard, kind of like plastic. I've never had them so I will to actually have to go see them at their factory store since I live in the area. Are the Acura mats thick and pliable? I had factory Infiniti mats and they were very deep and also the rubber was soft and pliable even in 0 or below degrees. Your thoughts?
Thinner/lighter material than Infiniti mats but they actually have better coverage everywhere except under the driver's right foot on the accelerator. The infiniti mats seemed like a hard rubber where the Acura mats feel like a cross between rubber and plastic. My infiniti mats actually had spots where the "ribs" seperated from the base of the mat. I can't see the Acura mats doing that.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Racer

Thinner/lighter material than Infiniti mats but they actually have better coverage everywhere except under the driver's right foot on the accelerator. The infiniti mats seemed like a hard rubber where the Acura mats feel like a cross between rubber and plastic. My infiniti mats actually had spots where the "ribs" seperated from the base of the mat. I can't see the Acura mats doing that.
Thanks for the info. You must have been rough on those Infiniti mats. Mine looked pretty darn good after 10 years of winter use. I'll have to swing by the Acura dealer on my way to Weather Tech company store and compare the two and make a decision from there.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Racer

So for those that have received these, do the WeatherTechs address the flaw in the factory design and protect the area directly under the gas pedal? Figuring messy shoes tend to deposit crud to that spot more than almost any other, so the WeatherTech's may be valuable for winter, even though I have the Acura mats already. Thanks!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Sculldog3
So for those that have received these, do the WeatherTechs address the flaw in the factory design and protect the area directly under the gas pedal? Figuring messy shoes tend to deposit crud to that spot more than almost any other, so the WeatherTech's may be valuable for winter, even though I have the Acura mats already. Thanks!
I reckon they cut that away in a CYA move after Toyota/Lexus made headlines with what 'may' have been many cases of factory or aftermarket mats grabbing the go-pedal. Cutting away the material eliminates the potential for the corner folding over and getting in the way or hanging on to the pedal. I actually trimmed an aftermarket set of mats for our C70...to eliminate this potential hazard. Granted, the mats were not 'laser cut' for a perfect fit like the W-Techs should be.

Might even be a cost-cutting or fab reason behind it...difficulty in molding to the corner and the floor and the side wall.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:49 AM
Instructor

Got mine yesterday - will try and take a few pics and post them.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Instructor

Got mine today. Nice tight fit. They do protect behind the gas pedal.
Sculldog3 (11-16-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Got mine last week. They fit perfectly. I'm also using their liquid "sealer" now. I didn't order the cleaning fluid....I can clean it with lots of products, but, I am trying their sealer. Don't have enough info. to report on it's effectiveness. It's supposed to make them more "non skid"....and prolong the life of the liner.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Racer

Floor mat color?

Has anybody bought the beige mats for the black interior? Just wondering if that would lighten things up a bit or would it bad. On their website they show some black interiors with the beige mats and they look ok. Just wondering. Tks.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Racer

Update on availability

I plan on visiting the factory store on Friday and called to make sure they would be open with Thanksgiving and all. Also, I wanted to make sure they had the mats available at the factory store for my RDX. During my conversation the CS rep mentioned that they also have a grey color available but it doesn't show on the website but they have it and it is in stock at the factory store. They also allow you to take samples of the colors out to your vehicle to see which color you like best. Thought that was kind of slick.

She also mentioned that the back mat was in process of being made and would be about 6 weeks and added that there is no price break for buying them together. There is no price break for buying at the factory store except you would obviously save the shipping cost.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,941 Likes on 14,057 Posts
Originally Posted by CoachRick
Huh...85F here yesterday. Not lookin' for snow any time soon!!
Rub it in!

Quick Reply: Weather Tech Products