Very Early Lease Termination Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 06:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Very Early Lease Termination Help

Hi All, I was hoping I could get some advice and guidance on a very bad situation that has developed.

I have a 2013 RDX AWD. I've had it for only 2.5 months. I'm having terrible problems with the suspension/ride quality of the vehicle. Every time I'm driving it, I get very dizzy and nausea. The ride is just too harsh/jarring for me. I have a severe motion sickness problem and the ride quality on the RDX is aggravating it terribly.

I've done everything I can think of, changing the tire pressures, having Acura inspect the suspension, take medication, nothing helps. I've pleaded with Acura to do something to make the suspension a little bit softer but of course they refused.

I have this vehicle for another 34 months and cannot take this.

I need to get out of this lease early. Does anybody have any advice for me? I know this action usually invokes huge financially penalties, ones I can't afford, but I can't suffer medically like this for another 3 years. I swore something was wrong with my suspension but Acura claims its all normal. I say that as the two RDX's I test drove did not behave like this.

I was hoping, do you think if I leased or financed another Acura or Honda product, I might be able to avoid some steep financial penalties for ending the RDX lease early?

Thank you in advance for your help and guidance!
Old 11-22-2012, 07:03 PM
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Maybe try selling your lease to someone else? There are a few lease selling websites you can utilize. Good luck!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 98 Posts
You have a payoff, as with any lease/loan. You can either trade or sell the RDX and make up any difference in the payoff to Acura Financial yourself.

There are also lease exchange websites but Honda Financial is one leasing company that generally does not allow one to transfer a lease to another party.

Do you know what your payoff through Honda is? Can your dealer be willing to purchase it?
Old 11-22-2012, 09:25 PM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts
OP, are you able to try a loaner 2013 RDX AWD and see if it makes a difference? If so, I would hope Acura would have the decency to allow you to exchange vehicles without incurring a heft penalty.

You can also try googling "lease swapping websites." Supposedly some sites allow you to exit your lease, assume someone else's lease, or swap leases without incurring large fees.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:52 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have someone else drive your car and another rdx off a lot and see if its just you or the car.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by boogerdood
Have someone else drive your car and another rdx off a lot and see if its just you or the car.
Unfortunately, my parents and friends have been in the vehicle and they do not have a problem. This seems something particular to me an my motion sickness problems.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

I was reading online, that sometimes, if you lease or finance another vehicle, one usually much cheaper with that company, they can work it that the penalties/fees of breaking the lease are worked into the new one so that your payments are about the same as what you are making now. That would mean getting something like a ILX or Accord? Do you think that might be able to work?
Old 11-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by smarty666
I was reading online, that sometimes, if you lease or finance another vehicle, one usually much cheaper with that company, they can work it that the penalties/fees of breaking the lease are worked into the new one so that your payments are about the same as what you are making now. That would mean getting something like a ILX or Accord? Do you think that might be able to work?
It can always be made to work. The only issue with payoff is how high it will be so early into your lease, including early end fees by Honda Financial. Last time I pulled a payoff for a TSX lease customer 2-3 months in that didn't like the car, it was too early and payoff too high to be realistic without considerable money down.

The RDX can be a bit of a different case with the model year, but check your payoff and bug the dealer.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
post your experience to their facebook account, with social media pressure, and they definitely don't want other facebookers to see any bad experience with their products, so they might work with you to shut you up.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

^ Thank you all for your suggestions and guidance, it is much appreciated. It is a damn shame, as except for this ride quality problem affecting my motion sickness problem, I really like everything else about the new RDX (handling, styling, features, etc).

Luckily, my local Honda dealer is willing to have me come in this week, take a look at the vehicle, appraise it and see what they might be able to do for me with the new Accord.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
^ Thank you all for your suggestions and guidance, it is much appreciated. It is a damn shame, as except for this ride quality problem affecting my motion sickness problem, I really like everything else about the new RDX (handling, styling, features, etc).

Luckily, my local Honda dealer is willing to have me come in this week, take a look at the vehicle, appraise it and see what they might be able to do for me with the new Accord.
That's great news. Make sure you have a more comprehensive test drive before purchasing good luck!
Old 11-25-2012, 01:20 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts

Hopefully that will work out. The new Accord is a nice car.

I have a co-worker who also has terrible motion sickness in cars. Airplanes don't bother him, but in a car, he has to be driving or he will get sick. If I'm driving I try to be pretty 'grandmother-ish' and not move the car in sudden ways. There is a research project at Johnson Space Center on a nasal spray version of Scopolamine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scopolamine While this is a pretty serious drug in higher doses, it is used as a motion sickness drug on Zero-G flights. The research is on a nasal inhalant that can quickly counteract motion sickness. But in a small dose. The dose given to Zero-G fliers make you pretty drowsy so no driving cars, but the nasal version is supposed to be much less. Maybe one day this will be a product your Dr can prescribe.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:26 AM
Racer

This is odd, but it happens. I have a friend who would get motion sickness in a 2011 TSX Tech demo I used to drive, but then didn't as much in a 2012 TSX Tech I had after. We also had a customer recently claim one of the TSX Tech's she drove over a weekend from us did the same but after switching to another identical car, she was fine.

All feel the same to me, given similar tire pressures. Minute differences that appear only to some, in some cases.

The RDX has a softer ride than the TSX of course, and I've never had someone remark on an issue with the ride in one. Perhaps a shock absorber issue or tire pressure in combination, not being realized.

Hope you can make out okay, with a change.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
smarty666....Is there an update for us? I am curious to see what came out of your meeting with the Honda dealership.