Pre-paid maintenance service for RDX 2015

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 01:08 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pre-paid maintenance service for RDX 2015

Hi,
I have 2015 AWD RDX bought 6 months ago. Yesterday its first service (A1) was done. I took it to same dealer, where I purchases, so first service was complimentary, though service receipt says $108.
Their finance guy told me something about pre-paid maintenance package, which should cover all maintenance for 4 years for $895. As per him, it would save me around $500 in comparison to, if I pay all services individually.
I am not sure, if it worth or not. If I consider 7 services in next 4 years, will it be more than $127 per service ? Any suggestions, opinions on this ?
Usually I keep my miles low. I drove 5000 miles in 6 months and it would be always city or occasionally freeway driving. per that guy, this is direct from Acura, so it will be transferrable and valid for any dealer in US.
Regards
Old 02-21-2016, 02:00 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by abhisheks77
Hi,
I have 2015 AWD RDX bought 6 months ago. Yesterday its first service (A1) was done. I took it to same dealer, where I purchases, so first service was complimentary, though service receipt says $108.
Their finance guy told me something about pre-paid maintenance package, which should cover all maintenance for 4 years for $895. As per him, it would save me around $500 in comparison to, if I pay all services individually.
I am not sure, if it worth or not. If I consider 7 services in next 4 years, will it be more than $127 per service ? Any suggestions, opinions on this ?
Usually I keep my miles low. I drove 5000 miles in 6 months and it would be always city or occasionally freeway driving. per that guy, this is direct from Acura, so it will be transferrable and valid for any dealer in US.
Regards
Online dealers sell it as well. I paid $850 for 4yrs 60k miles.

If you normally do dealer servicing then it is a good deal. You don't need to look for coupons or call dealers for pricing - but - at 10000 miles a year, you'll get 1 service in year 1, 2 in year 2, 1 in year 3 and 2 in year 4, so 5 services in all.

They alternate between the A and B and the 1 and 2 service, so those 5 services (including the brake flush at 2 years) will be about $1000. You can save about 20% by doing the maintenance at the local Honda dealer.

I think the convenience of just driving to the dealer and saying - do the XYZ service - is worth the maintenance plan.

AFAIK, however, the service plan only is sold with new cars, so make sure you get the particulars.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:08 PM
Advanced

It doesn't seems to be bad. Would you please give me the link which can show me the particulars , from where you bought?
Old 02-21-2016, 08:47 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

It doesn't seems to be bad. Would you please give me the link which can show me the particulars , from where you bought?
Honda Care Plan Information
Old 02-24-2016, 10:16 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
I bought the same plan too... Thanks to Ceb.
I think there is a mileage restriction of 5000 miles to avail the plan. They also sell the extended warranty too in case you are interested. You said that you already did the first service?
Old 02-24-2016, 10:22 PM
Advanced

Yes, it was serviced last Saturday. I think it is 4890 miles right now. I looked at link which Ceb sent. It is having multiple options to choose. I will check with my nearby dealer also, if they have similar options. They don't have any on their website.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:15 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Yes, it was serviced last Saturday. I think it is 4890 miles right now. I looked at link which Ceb sent. It is having multiple options to choose. I will check with my nearby dealer also, if they have similar options. They don't have any on their website.
Whoa Nellie. If you requested a quote on a warranty, then the email you got back listed various options for WARRANTIES. Buried at the end of the email are two maintenance options - one oil change only (which probably isn't a good choice) and the other which includes all scheduled maintenance. Make sure that you are looking at the Acura care and not the warranty pricing as there aren't that many options for the care.

If you buy an extended warranty then they give you (roughly) at cost pricing for the Acura Care.

My local dealer would match the price for the warranty but they didn't even sell the Acura Care unless you were leasing - although they took it.

When you buy it (from your dealer or online), you'll get a welcome packet from Acura a few weeks down the road but it is entered into the Acura computer system virtually immediately. I checked with my dealer about a week after I bought it online and it was in the system. No need to carry any documents with you - just drive up, tell them what service the car has requested, mention that you have Acura Care and you're done.

One of the local dealers has a bunch of add on services they try to "include" in their "recommended" A or B services (all worthless additives, seasonal tire air change, blinker fluid flush and Johnson rod adjustment). When you utter the words "Acura Care", they immediately say "so you want the basic service?" - which, I believe - is the same identical service.

I've had iffy experiences with indy shops. I thought I found a good one, then most of the guys left and their pricing went up to near dealership levels. Then I went back to the dealership but usually scrounged the internet for coupons-then argued with the dealership to accept them. With Acura care you don't care what the pricing is, you drive in, get it done and drive out. Since I normally go to the same dealer I bring them a couple of cases of soda periodically.

Good luck.

Last edited by ceb; 02-25-2016 at 07:29 AM.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:38 PM
Advanced

CEB, do you think if I buy from your dealer, would it be any issue ?
I do not see this deal with my nearby dealer. I called them today and they were supposed to send me details and still I am waiting. I am 90503 BTW.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:23 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

CEB, do you think if I buy from your dealer, would it be any issue ?
I do not see this deal with my nearby dealer. I called them today and they were supposed to send me details and still I am waiting. I am 90503 BTW.
Not my dealer but I don't see why not. Go to the website and request a quote for a warranty. That'll come with a quote for the maintenance.

There are a couple of other dealers that sell the same thing - Curry, Bernardi and so forth but I don't know how their websites and quotes work.