Need a new scheme to acquire a service manual

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2021, 11:33 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 314 Likes on 219 Posts
Need a new scheme to acquire a service manual

So by now it's pretty common knowledge that Honda has been moving towards digital service manuals, kept in the hands of specific entities, away from the average bears like you and I.

I recall a previous thread where a generous tech was pulling specific requests from the 2G RDX service manual, but he since has moved on and lost access to such (thank you for your service).

Additionally, I recall a one-off link to a site where you could "purchase" an access pass to view the manual, one page at a time (or something) for a limited amount of time. I cannot seem to remember or find this thread, if a site like that even exists.

So what's the point of these ramblings you ask? Well, I create instructional content for a living, and I have authored + designed various textbooks. And I was thinking, if I could get temporary access to the digital manual, and indeed download the pages one at a time, I think I could streamline the process and create a single PDF/manual of all content, relatively easy. I have the tools and the free time. It would be awesome to have a giant PDF with the entirety of the service manual in it, like the 3G TL - being able to share that instead of having people pay for specific access, or consistently bothering a user to pull certain content every day.

My question is, what was this access point or website called? Did I just dream it up? If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Also, in the event that there may be some other option to acquire a digital copy of the service manual, I'd love to hear other ideas/input. Hell, I'd even settle for a physical copy, I could easily convert one to digital (though I don't think they exist anymore).

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2021, 04:16 PM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
This is the Honda website that I use:

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.aspx

Be careful, there is a bulletin that states the served PDF's are watermarked with your user ID.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jeffNB
This is the Honda website that I use:

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.aspx

Be careful, there is a bulletin that states the served PDF's are watermarked with your user ID.
Dang, I knew there'd be some significant roadblocks. I feel like I could work around the user ID but really the 1 day access for that money is what I'd be up against, I have no idea how long it would take to do something like that. Hmm. I appreciate the link though, I think we're headed in the right direction, I just need to work on my plan.
Old 10-22-2021, 06:51 AM
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Manuals

Originally Posted by TheSauceBoss
Dang, I knew there'd be some significant roadblocks. I feel like I could work around the user ID but really the 1 day access for that money is what I'd be up against, I have no idea how long it would take to do something like that. Hmm. I appreciate the link though, I think we're headed in the right direction, I just need to work on my plan.

There was a member Dave08902, who posted great PDFs on the Rdx 2nd generation forum.

So go to the thread”RDX Factory Service Manual Requests” and under Sticky you will see his posts for various items with pdf attached. Hope this helps

Old 10-22-2021, 09:23 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bahamasbroker
There was a member Dave08902, who posted great PDFs on the Rdx 2nd generation forum.

So go to the thread”RDX Factory Service Manual Requests” and under Sticky you will see his posts for various items with pdf attached. Hope this helps

I appreciate the link, but my goal here is to acquire a full service manual to be able to share with the community. That way, we have a single, complete document. Especially considering Dave no longer has access to the manual.
Old 10-22-2021, 09:39 AM
Burning Brakes

Aaaaand after reading the terms and conditions, I think I'm going to chalk up an L. I don't really want to go head-to-head with Honda's legal team, in the event they were able to track me down....Oh well....mods feel free to delete this.
Old 10-23-2021, 08:42 AM
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Yep. A laudable notion, but it's all about extorting more money from vehicle owners, and your scheme to provide them with more information, in order to make more informed decisions, is counter-productive with respect to fleecing them.

I was very disappointed to find that when I bought this Acura, I could no longer purchase the Helm manual. I don't do a lot of work on cars anymore, but the Helm manual was helpful in diagnosis with my previous Honda.

You've made the best choice; this is a gift American Honda has chosen to give to affiliated Honda/Acura dealers over customers, and no doubt they extracted money or other considerations from those dealers in exchange. We vehicle owners are simply screwed by the machinations of those two groups (Honda and dealers).

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
"No matter how cynical I get, I can't keep up." -- Lily Tomlin
Old 10-23-2021, 08:49 AM
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
This thread reminds me of a prior thread about no service manual:

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...18-rdx-988736/
Old 05-06-2024, 05:54 AM
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Acura RDX Manuals

Hi, I just got mine from here https://repairmanualnow.com/product-...ry/cars/acura/ i think it's a rip from the Acura site but it works well for me i hope it helps anyone.

The following users liked this post:
zeta (05-06-2024)