List of problems with 2016 RDX Elite

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 12:28 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
List of problems with 2016 RDX Elite

Hi - has anyone had any of the following problems with their new vehicle? Mine include the following:

Brakes squeal with light braking - had problem since I picked up the vehicle - had it back to the dealership three times! For some reason the mechanic can't get it to do it when he drives it. The one time I drove it - it didn't do it but that night and ever since it does it all the time - URGH!

Front parking sensor - doesn't work. About a month after getting it - light comes on and says sensor problem....been waiting forever for the part!!

Rain sensing wipers don't work - again - waiting for the part

Loud noise in back when going over a bumps

Sometimes when I turn the car on all the presets on the radio show these weird letters and numbers - I can't get to my radio station presets.....have to turn the car off and on a couple of times
Old 01-20-2016, 12:53 PM
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts
My rear parking sensor does not work. Two plus months for a part which really upsets me. I also occasionally have the radio presets display weird figures. Still happy with the purchase
Old 01-21-2016, 12:12 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have also faced the first (brake squeal) and last issue (correct radio stations not showing up) you mentioned.

For the brake issue, the dealer of course couldn't reproduce the issue. I then contacted Acura Client Relations. They acknowledged it is a known issue. But they don't have any estimate of if/when they can provide a fix. This was many months back. I contacted them again after waiting a few months. They didn't reply anything except to say they have made note of my correspondence. I then contacted them again a few days back. Once again they replied they have made note of my correspondence. They won't provide any clear response of when they can fix it. I don't even know what making note of correspondence means. There are some more details on this thread:
https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...brakes-934672/
If you actually contact them and point to above thread, they will say they don't consider anything mentioned on any forum to be true.

For the other issue about radio stations, it is a software bug. Again they acknowledged it but no confirmation of when they will provide the fix. Sometimes, instead of turning the car on and off, if you just change the audio source a couple of times, it will work fine.

I don't have Elite (Advance) version. So, I don't know about parking sensor or rain sensing wiper problem.

Overall, I am very disappointed with Acura's customer service. I came to Acura from Toyota. I have heard about Lexus' awesome customer service. But even Toyota was much better than Acura. With Acura, you just feel like they either give you some excuse or ignore you. I wish I had spent another 6-7% on top of what I spent and gotten a Lexus.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:24 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After making my previous post, saw this update dated 1/12 on this thread:
https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...letins-928631/

So, looks like it is now an officially acknowledged issue. Based on my experience so far, I am pretty sure they will still try to give you the runaround if you try and go in for this service.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:39 AM
The Original Shawdy

Received 424 Likes on 346 Posts
Only experienced one issue with my wife's 16 advance and its condensation build up inside the instrument cluster when it's really cold out. It does go away relatively quickly once warmed up but still shouldn't have this issue. Took it in and haven't heard back yet. Been over a month now. Hasn't been cold enough to replicate it at the dealer but we did take pictures and video for proof.

The loud sound in the rear is the suspension. Seems to be a little harsh over big bumps. It is stiff but not in a good way like the SH-AWD vehicles. Yes I know this isn't an option on the second generation RDX.

Hope everything gets fixed and works properly OP.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:55 AM
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts
They acknowledge the radio preset issue? Did not know that. I figured they come out with a fix for that down the road
Old 01-21-2016, 10:08 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
At six months and 8000 miles, I've experienced no problems with my RDX.

I believe there was a discussion here that concluded the rain sensing wipers feature is vapor ware.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:43 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Krisbo26

Front parking sensor - doesn't work. About a month after getting it - light comes on and says sensor problem....been waiting forever for the part!!

Rain sensing wipers don't work - again - waiting for the part

I have my rain sensor and parking sensor components replaced. There is no parts issue in Toronto. Parts were ordered and delivered on the same day. Only issue was installation and QA took much longer.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 891 Likes on 681 Posts
I feel like I am reading a thread on a European vehicle forum. From the few people commenting about problems, to the one guy saying he has no issues, to the people talking about bad customer service. Feels like I am on the VW or BMW forum all over again...
Old 01-23-2016, 05:08 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX10
I feel like I am reading a thread on a European vehicle forum. From the few people commenting about problems, to the one guy saying he has no issues, to the people talking about bad customer service. Feels like I am on the VW or BMW forum all over again...
Correct, but just like VW and BMW, it all comes down to the quality of the dealership.

In DC, we have the luxury of having more than a handful of Acura dealers so if one dealership fails there are several others to take its place.

Acura dealers as a whole are significantly better that the Germans, but the only company that really does it right is Lexus.