Lexus NX pricing details starting to leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014 | 07:34 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ThermonMermon
After endless hours of stalking out the NX on forums and reviews, i too have officially crossed it off the list for similar feedback. And i havent even seen it yet! A small part of me doesnt even want to see it because the looks are too tempting for what it actually is. The rav4 has more usability for significantly less.

Holding out for new edge limited w upgrade interior quality...and the rdx refresh...

I just hope the rdx refresh does not mean im paying the same, or slightly more, for an I4. From what ive noticed, the longer you wait on new acura models, the lesser content/value you get. Theyve been taking more things out than putting in, to get back to the same profit margins they once had.
It is still on my list. Since I am not looking to buy until the Spring anyway I can wait for the RDX refresh and compare it to the NX. They are both Luxury brands but seem to market differently. Acura has neutered down their vehicles for the masses. Lexus has been able to add the F Sport line for the more aggressive sporty owners. The NX is aimed at a different market than the RDX. Lexus does not want to cannibalize RX owners so they have the RX as the more conservative looking vehicle and the NX as the sportier one. For Acura both the RDX and MDX have similar conservative looks. Plus Acura has eliminated the visible tailpipes on all vehicles.
Old 12-04-2014 | 11:49 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

The NX is something that may be comparable to 1st gen RDX (I mean with regards to size, sportiness, engine, etc). The looks are polarizing at best. I love it on some days and don't want to look at it on others...!
I assume the NX will have some more polished interior and ride than RDX but lacking in engine smoothness and space. That's the compromise you may need to get into the Lexus brand ( which to me sits half a point above Acura and Infinity). If interior space is a concern then definitely 2016 RDX may be the better choice.
Old 12-05-2014 | 10:29 AM
Safety Car

ok, i caved and sat in it...

here is my copy and pasted review:

Checked it out when in KC for work today

First off, the second i sat in this thing, i wanted to hop out immediately. It is terribly cramped. Im six feet, 190. The headroom is non existant, and while the rear seats have good leg room, they felt like jump seats. The curvature of the headliner, both front and back, makes you feel totally enveloped by the car. I repeatedly kept trying to lower the front seat further because i was in such disbelief that the seating position left your head in the rafters, which was caused by the high beltine, low window top line, and low ceiling.

Overall, the IS felt more roomy and airy. The trunk too was a joke, as there was little height to store your goods.

There was also a husband there that tried to convince his wife to go for the smaller nx on the showroom. Her immediate response upon jumping in was humorous.

overall, the rav4 feels way more useful and spacious. I have never been so hyped up about a car and so disappointed in the same time. This is coming from someone that REALLY wanted to like this car.

As i left the showroom in my business rental hyundai elantra, i had a huge breathe of fresh air, as the claustrophic cabin was no more. I mean, what does that say???

Pass. Pass big time.
Old 12-05-2014 | 02:37 PM
Racer

I saw some posts with people worried about the trunk space. Based on these pics it appears because of the downward slope of the trunk area that the trunk space is much less than a traditional SUV but slightly larger than the ZDX and X6. You will see that the roof is a number of inches shorter than the base while in the RDX and CRV it is almost as long as the base. The NX roof ends around where the gas tank is (2/3 of the way into the rear tires). In the RDX you can see the roof extends to the end of the tires past the gas tank. This is probably an easy extra 3-4 inches or roof line in the RDX.

Old 12-06-2014 | 11:55 PM
10th Gear

Signed papers on our NX today. I love Acura but just don't have time to wait anymore. Went to just see the NXand we ended up loving it! It looks smaller in pictures than what it really is. RDX is still bigger but for my family the NX is enough.

We paid $41,xxx for premium package without navi. Comes with heated and vented seats, front and rear parking sensors, power tailgate, upgraded wheels, upgraded headlights, sunroof, backup camera, QI wireless phone charging system. We went with white ext and tan interior. They didn't have any to sell today but we reserved it. It's currently on a ship on its way. I will also say customer service was top of the line. We were given a demo Lexus to drive these next 3 weeks while we wait for it toget here!!! Impressed.
Old 12-07-2014 | 07:23 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by NurseDMB
Signed papers on our NX today. I love Acura but just don't have time to wait anymore. Went to just see the NXand we ended up loving it! It looks smaller in pictures than what it really is. RDX is still bigger but for my family the NX is enough.

We paid $41,xxx for premium package without navi. Comes with heated and vented seats, front and rear parking sensors, power tailgate, upgraded wheels, upgraded headlights, sunroof, backup camera, QI wireless phone charging system. We went with white ext and tan interior. They didn't have any to sell today but we reserved it. It's currently on a ship on its way. I will also say customer service was top of the line. We were given a demo Lexus to drive these next 3 weeks while we wait for it toget here!!! Impressed.
Good for you, in my case, I'm not spending that much on something that is so cramped and has lousy cargo capacity.
Old 12-07-2014 | 11:53 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Joe Las Vegas
Good for you, in my case, I'm not spending that much on something that is so cramped and has lousy cargo capacity.
Understandable! We buy groceries once a week. Other than that and dogs nobody else will really be back there. We have a truck also for any big stuff we need to move (and tailgating Go Hogs!!!). The seats lay down but not totally flat btw.

I also voiced my concern about our dogs in that NuLuxe interior. They said it's more durable than real leather but we also bought the protection package for the seats.
Old 12-08-2014 | 06:46 PM
Racer

I saw the NX on the road for the 1st time today. A black 200T F sport. The car is a looker. It will give the Q5 a run for its money. It is in a different class than the RDX because of trunk space but can see soe who are looking for a sportier vehicle to opt for the Lexus. Still waiting to test drive it.
Old 12-09-2014 | 02:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by wildeklave
I saw the NX on the road for the 1st time today. A black 200T F sport. The car is a looker. It will give the Q5 a run for its money. It is in a different class than the RDX because of trunk space but can see soe who are looking for a sportier vehicle to opt for the Lexus. Still waiting to test drive it.
If you're saying the NX will give the Q5 a run based on looks, and I'm assuming you are, well that's purely subjective. I find the NX to be particularly offensive to the eyes, so even just one year from an all new design I'd still take the current Q5 on styling alone. Factor in the Q5's relatively generous interior space and vastly superior drivetrain and it's game over as far as I'm concerned. If I could live with something in the NX's size class, I'd take a GLA or probably even the MKC.
Old 12-10-2014 | 09:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Unimpressive C/D review.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...-tested-review

You'd think something so uncomely would have a better personality.

Last edited by HotRodW; 12-10-2014 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-11-2014 | 10:05 PM
Cruisin'

The NX interior looks nice. I just couldn't deal with a screaming 4cylinder everywhere i go.

Last edited by Gidds91; 12-11-2014 at 10:07 PM. Reason: posted pic
Old 12-15-2014 | 10:48 AM
Intermediate

I currently have a 2008 MDX, have been looking for a new SUV for about a year or so. Was really looking forward to the redesigned MDX, but was disappointed once it was finally released.

I wanted to go smaller so the RDX was an obvisous choice since my last three vehicles were from Acura. Could not get over the lack of tech in the RDX, the Navigation Screen and still look like my 2008 MDX. I do love Acura, but I feel they are slipping a bit. I know the MMC will bring a lot of changes but it just seemed to take forever.

Went and looked/test-drove an the NX this past weekend, was so impressed I put a deposit down on a new F-Sport Edition NX. Like I said I love Acura but just got tired of waiting.
Old 12-16-2014 | 02:59 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by AXMACD
Meh, I'm not crazy about turbos or CVT's. I like my run of the mill naturally aspirated engines with their conventional transmissions. I would have bought a RX if the new ones weren't so expensive and if their used weren't so hard to come by.
I loved turbos, until I had to replace them. One hell of an expensive repair and never again. I have learned my lesson, never own a Detroit 3 outside of warranty!

I love my TLX and purchased an extended 8 year warranty because of my bad turbo experience!
Old 12-16-2014 | 07:40 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Joe Las Vegas
Acura not a luxury brand, seriously!
Agree!! Consumer Reports and US News & World report both have the RDX listed as a luxury small SUV. By the way Consumer Reports has it number two behind the $15,000 more expensive X3 and US News has it number 3. Someone mentioned the Santa FE. J D power has Acura ranked 4th out of 32 in reliability and Hyundai 28th out of 32.