Hi All!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 03:02 PM
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Hi All!

In a few months I'll be i the market for a CUV to replace the wife's CR-V and looking at the '15 RDX w/tech and Lexus NX.
I think the NX will be in the $45K+ range with options I want which is a bit more than I would want to spend.
Now with the 6 cyl,I really like the RDX and I only buy Honda or Toyota vehicles.

Being honest what is kind of a turn off with the RDX is the lack of parking sensors,LED rear lights,rear A/C vent, Blind Spot Monitoring,fog lamps.
Those features are in lower priced vehicles.
My question ...
Does anyone know or have heard of these features being added to the '15 model?

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2014, 03:25 PM
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
The '15 is the same as the '13 and '14. No changes.
https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rdx-2013-2018-404/rdx-2015-a-908224/
Old 04-21-2014, 03:42 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Texdriver
The '15 is the same as the '13 and '14. No changes.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=908224
Thanks!
It's a shame Honda doesn't step it up.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The rdx does have fog lights, just none of the rest.... My biggest gripe is the lack of park sensors, back up cam is nice but having a beep helps too...
Old 04-21-2014, 04:12 PM
Make it #7!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
Front bumper sensors would be nice too.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:09 PM
Racer

I like blind spot monitors,rear A/C vents and LED taillight bulbs..
Old 04-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Racer

I guess when sales are 3500 a month,Honda feels the RDX doesn't need those extras.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:20 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When are you looking to buy? 2016 is MMY refresh for RDX, probably getting an "Advance" trim. However, this advance trim will probably be priced pretty close to the NX with comparable features.

Without reading a review or having too many details, the NX seems pretty appealing to me, but a 2013 RDX tech could be a better value if you are open to used vehicles)
Old 04-22-2014, 12:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by GoesByFish
When are you looking to buy? 2016 is MMY refresh for RDX, probably getting an "Advance" trim. However, this advance trim will probably be priced pretty close to the NX with comparable features.

Without reading a review or having too many details, the NX seems pretty appealing to me, but a 2013 RDX tech could be a better value if you are open to used vehicles)

I could wait till '16.
Probably a good idea as the NX would be out a year and be discounted and RDX may have the things I posted that are missing now.
I think even with the Tech pkg,the RDX will be a few thousand cheaper than these NX at least list wise.
No NX numbers have been released but the rumor on Lexus forums is close to $50K with all options.Over $50K for the hybrid.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:09 PM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by colt427
I could wait till '16.
Probably a good idea as the NX would be out a year and be discounted and RDX may have the things I posted that are missing now.
I think even with the Tech pkg,the RDX will be a few thousand cheaper than these NX at least list wise.
No NX numbers have been released but the rumor on Lexus forums is close to $50K with all options.Over $50K for the hybrid.
The RX max's out about $53k so I really don't think the NX 200T will be close to $50k fully loaded. Probably more like $45k which would put it just a few thousand more the RDX. The hybrid NX loaded may approach $50k though. This is all conjecture as no real numbers from Lexus have been thrown around yet.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:52 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are also shopping and the RDX is high on our list. We looked at the new Jeep Cherokee, and it is pretty nice, but it apparently has significant quality issues.

Edmunds.com says AWD RDX's Techs are available at right around invoice...would you all agree with that? It is supposedly slightly higher than invoice in Little Rock and slightly lower in Dallas (allegedly).
Old 04-24-2014, 07:34 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by McSwine
We are also shopping and the RDX is high on our list. We looked at the new Jeep Cherokee, and it is pretty nice, but it apparently has significant quality issues.

Edmunds.com says AWD RDX's Techs are available at right around invoice...would you all agree with that? It is supposedly slightly higher than invoice in Little Rock and slightly lower in Dallas (allegedly).

I love the Jeep Cherokee Limited.
However,I know someone with a '12 and a lot of small warranty issues.Also no loaners which is a big inconvenience.Especially with a vehicle that may have issues.
The RDX not having the things I posted above is an issue for me.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:26 AM
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I love the Jeep Cherokee Limited.
However,I know someone with a '12 and a lot of small warranty issues.Also no loaners which is a big inconvenience.Especially with a vehicle that may have issues.
The RDX not having the things I posted above is an issue for me.
For the "12" you mentioned is it an Acura or Jeep? If a Jeep it must be a Grand Cherokee.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:02 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also no loaners which is a big inconvenience.Especially with a vehicle that may have issues.
That is an excellent point. There are Cherokee owners with no issues whatsoever, but more than a few who do, primarily transmission problems.

While I also wish the RDX had a few more bells and whistles, I'm willing to trade that for better reliability and better resale value. The problem is the RDX costs about $6K more than the Cherokee I would want.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:38 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by wildeklave
For the "12" you mentioned is it an Acura or Jeep? If a Jeep it must be a Grand Cherokee.
\

Grand Cherokee and some electrical gremlins have been an issue.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Racer

I can't edit yet but Grand Cherokee Laredo.Some switch issues.
However,it's comfortable.The ride quality is great being smooth and quiet.
The 6 cyl is very peppy.It is a nice SUV but I don't have confidence in it like I do with a Honda or Toyota model.
Again,no loaners too.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like blind spot monitors,rear A/C vents and LED taillight bulbs..
After owning a 2014 RDX for a month now, I say it has everything a person really needs. Personally I was happy it didn't have blind spot monitor as I am guessing that would get really annoying. The visability out of the RDX is great and I see no need for BSM. I don't sit in the rear, so I don't much care about rear A/C vents, but I agree that would be a nice to have. Only thing I really wanted was ventilated seats (cooled) and a power liftgate (w/o having to get the tech package).
Old 04-24-2014, 01:42 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 1CleanRDX
After owning a 2014 RDX for a month now, I say it has everything a person really needs. Personally I was happy it didn't have blind spot monitor as I am guessing that would get really annoying. The visability out of the RDX is great and I see no need for BSM. I don't sit in the rear, so I don't much care about rear A/C vents, but I agree that would be a nice to have. Only thing I really wanted was ventilated seats (cooled) and a power liftgate (w/o having to get the tech package).
I have blind spot monitors in my '13 Lexus GS350.It's a great feature and not annoying at all.You really don't see the warning signal unless you look at the mirror..You have to have it to appreciate it.
A/C are helpful for rear passengers.

Also it's not a question of if you like the missing features or not.
To me and others on forums,for the cost of the RDX,those items should be included.
Especially when vehicle much less expensive have those features.
Example- a $31K RAV4.

Now as far as ventilated seats...I have that feature in my GS and it's not a big deal.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:56 PM
1hp
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
imho I spend 99.9% of my time in the RDX driving the thing between 60 and 80 mph, so my main interest was horsepower, comfort, and a good sound system. Rear a/c vents would be nice but have been on several trips with 4 in the car and a/c seemed to keep everyone comfortable. Parking sensors, blind spot monitors, and such were not high on my list. Course if you're a Dominos pizza delivery person your list of options might be different.................