exhaust system for 2014 ACURA RDX?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 01:53 AM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking exhaust system for 2014 ACURA RDX?

what up everyone i got the new 2014 acura rdx and i have been looking around just to see if there are any companies that make exhaust systems for this yr. No luck so far i have only seen ATLP. i have seen it for acura rdx but it is for 2012 and older also the XLR8 but they are more for the TL's and so fourth i wish they made them for acura rdx

I know it is too new for companies to start making it due to lack of peoples interest in putting exhaust on rdx and it being new but would like to at least know if there are other companies that make it for the acura RDX besides the two i have mentioned. I'm still new here so just trying to get things into the groove thanks guys
Old 02-11-2014, 06:53 AM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Originally Posted by hlau415
I know it is too new for companies to start making it due to lack of peoples interest in putting exhaust on rdx and it being new but would like to at least know if there are other companies that make it for the acura RDX besides the two i have mentioned. I'm still new here so just trying to get things into the groove thanks guys
you basically answered your own question.

the reason why you cant find anything for your year, because its brand fucking new.
aftermarket companies NEED TIME.

you could always go to an exhaust shop and custom fab up some pipes from the cats all the way back.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:03 AM
OG

Received 163 Likes on 100 Posts
I doubt you'll ever see an aftermarket system for this generation, the original hit tuner scene with the turbo & had some light support originally but ours is catered to starter families and retired couples....

With that being said if you want that "throaty" sound but a cost effective option look into ES mufflers (look oem) but very good flow and u can have custom wider piping made if that blows your hair back.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:39 AM
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
since they have hidden the tail pipes in the new models it will be tough to find after market items that are more performance based.

It seems Acura is going this route with the new models (ILX, TLX prototype, RLX, MDX, and RDX). The NSX prototype has them but it is a sports car.

I kind of wish they would add the chrome exhaust tips for the SH AWD trims. I would like on the regular models too but understand there are different buying audiences. The soccer moms and non-sport inclined customers don't care about exhaust tips while the young and sporty types do. Those customers probably have no clue about horsepower or torque either but more about a nice luxury car that serves their needs.

It can be for the SHAWD versions and a potential Sport Add on trim.

If you look at the LED DRLs the non sport types and soccer moms don't care either except..... when they notice their friends have them in the parking lots or at the restaurant valets.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:17 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts
You'll never see performance anything for this vehicle. It's target group is seniors apparently.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:17 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hand-filer
You'll never see performance anything for this vehicle. It's target group is seniors apparently.
Now I feel like an old fart...
Old 02-11-2014, 09:02 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
The one thing I am disappointed is the lack of chrome exhaust tips. Acura did such a great job on my 2010 TL SH-AWD that I used to have. The quads looked great.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by GDawginHTown
Now I feel like an old fart...
I'm kind of liking the nondescript stealth look. Deflating the ego of a 2.0 turbo Santa Fe owner that challenges you to a stoplight grand prix does wonders for relieving that old fart funk.
The following 2 users liked this post by hand-filer:
5 Acuras (02-11-2014), Acc20yrs (03-25-2014)