cleaning various interior surfaces

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
cleaning various interior surfaces

There seem to be a variety of different materials used on the interior of the RDX. I'd like to know how to best clean them.

In particular, the fabric used on the ceiling and the sun visors looks like it will be difficult to clean, as it is almost like a microfiber material. My interior is parchment and there is a dark smudge near the the sunglasses holder. I'm afraid that if I try to clean it with the wrong cleaning solution and/or cleaning tool that I might make it worse. Any suggestions?

As for the leather, is it better to get separate cleaner and conditioner products, or are some of the combination cleaner/conditioners good?

With the tiny holes in the perforated leather seats, is it best to use sprays or liquids applied to a cleaning cloth? It seems like lotions or creams would clog the holes.

I assume that much of the dash and side panel material is vinyl. Is that correct? What is the best way to clean those surfaces? I've seen some cleaners (and conditioners?) that mention both vinyl and leather. Are some of those good? Or is it better to get something specific for each type of material?

Thanks,

Gregg
Old 08-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 87 Posts
I have used this cleaner from Griot's Garage with good success.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...ortby=ourPicks

Get it with the sprayer and the microfiber towels. They are much better than terrycloth cotton towels. They also have a leather conditioner, but there are many good conditioners on the market. I'd stay away from the cream type conditioners with the perforated seats. I'd spray the conditioner on a microfiber towel, and then rub it on to the seating area.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rosen39
I have used this cleaner from Griot's Garage with good success.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...ortby=ourPicks
I'll second this recommendation for the Griot's Interior Cleaner.

It has taken out blue jean stain on the parchment pleather/leather front seats, dirt stains on the headliner and a small espresso spill in the back seat.

Use as directed.

Available in one of the local auto stores now, FYI.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:54 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone I am new to the RDX section. I ordered a 2014 RDX AWD w/Tech to be built.
I have been in the other sections. 2005 MDX w/Tech with I traded in on a 2008 TL Type S.
Which I am keeping.
I have used only Griot's products on these two cars and planing only to use them on my RDX. My TL and perforated seats and I use Griot's Leather Care part # 11142 and there Blue detailing sponge part # 11205. I use there Best of Show Wax it is the best. The dealer where I purchased all of my Acura's was disappointed when I told him that I was not trading in the TL. Thanks to Griot's products it still looks showroom new inside and out.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:57 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
optimum leather conditioner for seats

aerospace 303 for the dash and other interior trim pieces

invisiglass for the windows

as far as the headliner...woolite