Adding music to the HDD by album in 2016 RDX

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 11:38 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Adding music to the HDD by album in 2016 RDX

When I insert a CD into my console, it rips the tracks to the HDD. But unlike my previous TL, this rdx rips it alpha and NOT by the album. I have spent hours looking to how to change the preference so it rips CDs by album, and NOT by alpha. Ya know I am an 80's kinda guy and when i feel like Fleetwood mac, i want the entire album playing and NOT have to hunt for the songs. Is there a way to get me what i want??
Old 08-30-2021, 09:48 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by tah2269
When I insert a CD into my console, it rips the tracks to the HDD. But unlike my previous TL, this rdx rips it alpha and NOT by the album. I have spent hours looking to how to change the preference so it rips CDs by album, and NOT by alpha. Ya know I am an 80's kinda guy and when i feel like Fleetwood mac, i want the entire album playing and NOT have to hunt for the songs. Is there a way to get me what i want??
It may be a bit awkward but here's a solution you may try. Cluster your songs by album and add a alpha-number in the beginning of each song. Then burn them on the CD. Something like this for example:

A1_She_Loves_me.mp3
A2_No_She_Doesn't.mp3
B1_He_is_my_hero.mp3
B2_No_he_is_coward.mps

This way all songs of Albums A and B etc are sorted together and can be played in sequence. You can also save them on a flash USB and they will play same way.

Old 08-31-2021, 06:07 AM
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts
I don't think that a CD you burn yourself will be ripped to the hard drive in the Acura. I went so far as to burn tracks in cdda format, but could not get the Acura system to rip the songs to the built-in hard drive. I do want to try this again, and I would love to learn if you (or anyone) has successfully done this. It's entirely possible there's something simple that I did wrong.

I did do just this (adding numbering to the titles to get songs played in the order *I* wanted) with USB thumb drives, and it works. Those songs are also not ripped to the built-in hard drive.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
Man, thin-skinned people don't like being called "thin-skinned," no matter how nicely you say it.
Old 09-04-2021, 09:49 AM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Kelsen
I don't think that a CD you burn yourself will be ripped to the hard drive in the Acura. I went so far as to burn tracks in cdda format, but could not get the Acura system to rip the songs to the built-in hard drive. I do want to try this again, and I would love to learn if you (or anyone) has successfully done this. It's entirely possible there's something simple that I did wrong.
I did do just this (adding numbering to the titles to get songs played in the order *I* wanted) with USB thumb drives, and it works. Those songs are also not ripped to the built-in hard drive.
You should not burn the CD with cdda format. Just copy and burn the mp3 files on CD and the player starts reading and plating in the order they are saved.
Old 09-04-2021, 10:36 AM
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts
Hmm. That was not my experience; I only tried burning them the way a commercial CD is formatted (you're only gonna get 10-12 songs per CD) when it didn't work with MP3's. That said, will try again.

Thanks.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
"Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that counts - it's what you do with what you have left." -- Hubert Humphrey
Old 10-19-2021, 10:28 AM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
If I was going to use the HDD on the RDX, it would just be to create a massive shuffle playlist. If I want songs by album, I'd put them on a USB.
Old 10-19-2021, 10:08 PM
Strike Hold

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
You can just search by Album and play each album there.