6-months and still very delighted

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 07:23 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
6-months and still very delighted

I'v owned my 2016 RDX Tech for six months. I have a bit over 6000 miles on it.

I am still just as delighted with it as I was on day 1. No problems, no gripes. zip. nada. none.

And I LOVE the nav, particularly when paired with AcuraLink.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:48 PM
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
My experience as well. Just over six months and I'm thrilled with my 2016 Advance. The ride, handling, perfect match of engine and transmission, safety systems, etc. I know some other owners grumble about wind noise and cabin noise but that doesn't square with my experience. It's actually the most quiet cabin of any car I've owned and I've had most of them. We leave for a trip to Napa this week (from Washington state) and I'm excited about the drive. Very satisfied with this purchase.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts
I'm 8 to 9 months in and thoroughly enjoy my fully loaded 2016 RDX Elite (Canada). I feel good just driving places in a really luxurious riding, beautiful vehicle that turns heads, especially with the cool jewel eyed headlights. I feel these are the best looking headlights of any car brand.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:49 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Originally Posted by romer
I know some other owners grumble about wind noise and cabin noise but that doesn't square with my experience. It's actually the most quiet cabin of any car I've owned and I've had most of them. Very satisfied with this purchase.
I think the noise issues with RDX have been exaggerated by some people. I find it's perfectly okay in and around town. The engine is a gem.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:27 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Comfy
I think the noise issues with RDX have been exaggerated by some people. I find it's perfectly okay in and around town. The engine is a gem.
We've had our RDX in several short road trips and did not notice any wind noise at all. Of course, it probably helps that I'm 62 years old and spent most of my life around loud airplane engines and my hearing as suffered.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:49 PM
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
We just drove over 600 miles down I-5 into CA wine country. Parts of the drive were windy. Much of it was 70-80 mph. Wind noise was not an issue. And the RDX performed without a flaw. This was the first road trip with the RDX and it impressed.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:29 AM
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts
Have over 10,000 miles on our 2016 RDX (Tech + AcuraWatch) and also totally pleased. The AcuraWatch systems are very well engineered, producing virtually no false warnings -- and I'm addicted to the sense of security they give (backing out of parking spaces, interstate lane changes, etc.). Seating comfortable for long trips. Tons of cargo space. Excellent back seating for passengers. Smooth, comfortable ride. Gem of an engine. Up to 30mpg on interstate (better than advertised), 22mpg around town (as claimed). Runs fine on regular gas. No issues -- nada. Minor complaint: Nav map is somewhat outdated, hope I'll get an update soon.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:47 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I"m glad you still enjoy it. I haven't used the AcuraLink yet. I still need to read through the owners manual to see what it does. lol
Old 06-20-2016, 12:16 PM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some noise when the rear windows are open. Quick fix is to close them. <g>

One and a half years and our 2015 RDX tech is a pleasure to drive, both highway and city driving.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:26 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SavageRDX
I"m glad you still enjoy it. I haven't used the AcuraLink yet. I still need to read through the owners manual to see what it does. lol
1. I think it is AcuraLink that is supplying the real-time traffic into on the map.

2. You can go to the AcuraLink website, do a search for an address, and with one click the directions will be downloaded to your car.

3. You can punch the AcuraLink button on the overhead console, a human will come on the line and you can ask for directions, which they will download to your car. I've used this feature several times.

4. Though I've not used it, the same 'concierge' service can book hotel rooms and all manner of things for you. One time I was late getting out of a meeting and I wanted to call my wife and let her know I was running late. Then I realized I did not have my cellphone with me. I connected to AcuraLink and they made the call and passed the message to my wife.

There's more but that's what I can think of at the moment.