2016 LED headlight error

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2015 | 03:57 PM
8th Gear

2016 LED headlight error

We were at the dealer looking at the Black Advance 2016 model we selected and while we were looking it over, the dash was displaying a "Headlight Error" message. We couldn't figure out what we were doing wrong but then the sales person came over, and he also could not explain the error. finally, after a minute or so of dicking around, he says "I have seen this before".
So my question to you guys is have any of you seen this "headlight error" also, and if so is this a chronic issue?
Old 10-14-2015 | 05:03 PM
Racer

It's probably just a glitch. Sometimes I'll go into a convenience store and keep the car running with my wife in it (for the A/C) and when I get back in and move it out of park I will get the message that I'm too close to an object in front of me. This usually happens when there isn't anything for hundreds of feet or more. I've learned regardless of how far down the road I drive, the message won't go off until I shut off the car and restart it. I'm sure there are plenty of electronic glitches in lots of cars.
Old 10-14-2015 | 05:34 PM
Instructor

Probably an artifact of disconnecting the battery during prep.
Old 10-16-2015 | 08:50 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

It is a very advanced safety feature of this luxury vehicle. It is presenting a warning that you may have a headlight error sometime in the future. When the headlight eventually fails the system will display the message "I told you so".

No other luxury car has this feature. But yeah, Desert Ridge is correct. Somebody forgot to clear codes following the dealer prep.
Old 10-16-2015 | 10:59 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by ceb
It is a very advanced safety feature of this luxury vehicle. It is presenting a warning that you may have a headlight error sometime in the future. When the headlight eventually fails the system will display the message "I told you so".

No other luxury car has this feature. But yeah, Desert Ridge is correct. Somebody forgot to clear codes following the dealer prep.
LOL. I'm sure you are right, but it doesn't fill me with confidence that this rolling supercomputer isn't going to glitch out on us later on.
The dealer has since texted me that they fixed the issue. We'll go back in at the end of the month and grab it if it is still on the lot.
Old 10-16-2015 | 12:38 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Skidpalace
LOL. I'm sure you are right, but it doesn't fill me with confidence that this rolling supercomputer isn't going to glitch out on us later on.
The dealer has since texted me that they fixed the issue. We'll go back in at the end of the month and grab it if it is still on the lot.
During transport, half a dozen things are disconnected. During PDI, they are reconnected and the codes are to be cleared.

This isn't a common error code and if someone at the dealership has seen that before then it clearly is something caused by them and not with the car.

The RDX is more reliable than most and is a good value. Because of one member who thinks that the RDX is God's gift to mankind and has no flaws, we tend to make jokes about the car, but it really is a good car. What else are you looking at - so we can run that into the ground?
Old 10-18-2015 | 12:46 PM
Burning Brakes

I haven't gotten any error messages on my 2016 RDX Elite so far. After putting 1500 km on it, it's driving and braking better than ever. Even though it had exceptional acceleration from the beginning, it seems to be even better now. I think the engine is broken in. It's incredible how fast I can make a left turn at an intersection. Increases left turn safety.

Originally Posted by Skidpalace
We were at the dealer looking at the Black Advance 2016 model we selected and while we were looking it over, the dash was displaying a "Headlight Error" message. We couldn't figure out what we were doing wrong but then the sales person came over, and he also could not explain the error. finally, after a minute or so of dicking around, he says "I have seen this before".
So my question to you guys is have any of you seen this "headlight error" also, and if so is this a chronic issue?