2013 RDX vs Audi Q5

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 RDX vs Audi Q5

I'm a new member, currently a Corvette and Infiniti EX35 owner, looking for a compact SUV as a more practical alternative to the Corvette. I am considering the new 2013 RDX and the Q5. I know that the Q5 is a bit more luxurious inside, but I am worried about its poor reliability reputation, higher cost and I don't really like the attitude of the Audi sales guys and what I have heard about ongoing poor service.

I have read the various opinions on the looks of the newer RDX, but I must say that to me, I prefer it to the current model. That isn't my issue. I also like the new features like the variable cylinder management, 6 speed transmission, push button start and power liftgate and others.

I am wondering how existing Acura owners, who have also looked at the Q5, would evaluate the two cars. Thanks
Old 02-22-2012, 07:50 AM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
I don't know if I understand your question, the new gen RDX is very different than the outgoing model, that's the one you are interested in. Nobody knows how it pairs up next to the Q5.
As far as the outgoing model, Mmike owns a Q5 if I'm not mistaken. There have been tons of threads that end up in the inevitable comparison of the RDX to the Q5, and the comments can be summarized by saying, Acura wins in reliability, and the Q5 in luxury, Acura is a great car FOR THE MONEY, but if you have the extra dinero Audi is the way to go....
I didn't know that the new model was going to have variable cylinder management, better check again.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Intermediate

Now that I read what I wrote again, I wasn't as clear as I should have been.

I'm just trying to figure out which of the two would be the best car for me to buy and I'm trying to get a better feeling for the overall ownership experience you guys have had in owning your Acura's. Has the general quality and reliability been as good as you hoped it would be. Are they fun to drive, after you have had then for a while. Have the dealerships been supportive of the problems that you have had with your cars.

Thanks
Old 02-22-2012, 12:35 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,518 Likes on 1,184 Posts
I have an 06 TSX with +85,000 miles and 08 RDX with +66,000 miles. Other than routine scheduled maintenance (oil change, tires, brakes, batteries, alignments, etc...) my only unexpected out of pocket expense was a brake sensor for the RDX that cost me $277 about 2 weeks ago.

I’ve had 4yr/50,000 mile warranty work done on the RDX like:
- Replaced driver side headlight because of condensation
- Replaced driver side speaker because of rattle
- Replaced left front strut because of knocking noise
- Repainted front bumper because of clear coat pealing
- Replaced i-Vtec solenoid (under 7/70,000 powertrain)

Each time the Acura service department got the RDX in the same day and always provided a loaner vehicle if the RDX had to stay overnight or longer. In the last 6 years I’ve been dealing with them, I found Acura to be extremely friendly and courteous from sales, service, parts and reception in NM.

The 2013 RDX is a worthy upgrade to the 07-12 RDX. Some of us diehards will miss the sh-awd and the 2.3L Turbo with Hondata reflash (at least 270HP/290TQ w/ Hondata, a bit more with I/H/E). I really like the 2013 RDX’s extra room, 6AT, up to 28 mpg, updated navi, text reading, keyless entry, and power lift gate. I wish I could get this on my 08 RDX.

Acura will provide some minor updates on the 2014 or 2015 RDX and they usually do a mid model update around 2015 or 2016 (more power, improved mpgs, cooled seats, updated tech, update styling, different colors, maybe sh-awd model, etc…).

Acura/Honda’s are very good long-term vehicles of 100,000 to 175,000 miles with minimal costs.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:44 PM
XIS
Lizard King

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Had the RDX for 4.5 years and now the EX35 for the last .5...

RDX is extremely reliable and fun to drive, but (to me) not quite as fun as my EX35 (RWD). They are both pretty reliable, but I only changed the battery (twice under wty) with the RDX and have only replaced hatch struts (under wty) on the EX35.
The performance mixed with the comfort factor is why the EX is more fun to me...more refined. The RDX's more firm ride (2007-2012) is quite a bit different than the EX35's firm ride. I am curious to hear how the 2013 rides. I would think it would be a great compliment to each other...One powerful enough, with more storage and passenger space and another slightly smaller and quicker. I do wish the EX had the RDX paddle shifters and the ELS stereo (much better than the bose), but I wish the RDX had the rear seat vents, power folding rear seats and the RCA jacks in the console for the DVD player. I wish the RDX had a touch more style inside, but it still is very nice. The power hatch will be a nice add-on for the ladies.
I would shy away from the audi, unless you are only keeping it during the wty period.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:50 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This will be heresy to most here, but I may trade in my 2010 RDX on a 2013/14 BMW X3 with the new N20 4 cylinder Turbo. It'll cost 10K more than a similiarly equipped 2013 RDX but "Life is Short". I trade vehicles every 3 or 4 years so any mechanical deficiencies will still be covered under BMW's inferior warranty. I just can't get excited about the Q5.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by XIS
Had the RDX for 4.5 years and now the EX35 for the last .5...

RDX is extremely reliable and fun to drive, but (to me) not quite as fun as my EX35 (RWD). They are both pretty reliable, but I only changed the battery (twice under wty) with the RDX and have only replaced hatch struts (under wty) on the EX35.
The performance mixed with the comfort factor is why the EX is more fun to me...more refined. The RDX's more firm ride (2007-2012) is quite a bit different than the EX35's firm ride. I am curious to hear how the 2013 rides. I would think it would be a great compliment to each other...One powerful enough, with more storage and passenger space and another slightly smaller and quicker. I do wish the EX had the RDX paddle shifters and the ELS stereo (much better than the bose), but I wish the RDX had the rear seat vents, power folding rear seats and the RCA jacks in the console for the DVD player. I wish the RDX had a touch more style inside, but it still is very nice. The power hatch will be a nice add-on for the ladies.
I would shy away from the audi, unless you are only keeping it during the wty period.

We got the EX35 on lease, but liked it so much that we purchased it at the end. We haven't had any problems at all with it to date. The main weaknesses in it to me are the small back seat and the kind of poor gas mileage. It drives great and has every feature that I can think of. We love the around car camera's for parking!

I'm hoping that the new RDX will have enough features and reliability that I will like it. I worry about the Audi because there seem to be all kinds of problems with it, but the owners don't seem to mind. I hate to get rid of my Corvette, but My wife won't ride in it any more because she doesn't like being so close to the ground.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:27 PM
XIS
Lizard King

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I get about 3.5 more mpg than I did with my 2007 RDX but I think the 2013 will have a little better than the older RDX.
The back seat is smaller without a doubt, but I sit up front!

Originally Posted by SDCB
We got the EX35 on lease, but liked it so much that we purchased it at the end. We haven't had any problems at all with it to date. The main weaknesses in it to me are the small back seat and the kind of poor gas mileage. It drives great and has every feature that I can think of. We love the around car camera's for parking!

I'm hoping that the new RDX will have enough features and reliability that I will like it. I worry about the Audi because there seem to be all kinds of problems with it, but the owners don't seem to mind. I hate to get rid of my Corvette, but My wife won't ride in it any more because she doesn't like being so close to the ground.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
When we were shopping for a small SUV for my wife, we cross shopped the 2012 RDX with the X3 x28i and the Q5 2.0T. We were looking to lease, and what drove us away from Audi and BMW is the poor lease prices. In relation to the Q5 specifically, I have driven one with 15 miles on it in addition to one with 2000 miles, thie higher mileage one seemed to be "loose" in comparison to the lower mileage vechicle. With both cars it didn't seem worth an additional, on average, $200 a month over the 2012 RDX. I'm sure the 2013 will prove to be even more of a value.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:14 AM
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 234 Posts
I'm a new member, currently a Corvette and Infiniti EX35 owner, looking for a compact SUV as a more practical alternative to the Corvette. I am considering the new 2013 RDX and the Q5.
If you appreciate the driving dynamics of the Vette and EX35, it's a good bet that you will be unhappy with the handling of the softened Toyota-like 2013 RDX.

I know that the Q5 is a bit more luxurious inside, but I am worried about its poor reliability reputation, higher cost and I don't really like the attitude of the Audi sales guys and what I have heard about ongoing poor service.
The Q5 is a great car if you love driving dynamics, classy fit and finish......and old magazines and the coffee in the dealer waiting room. The best common answer is don't keep it beyond warranty.

I don't really like the attitude of the Audi sales guys...
No prepared buyer should ever need a salesman for any car knowledge or any question beyond "Where is the restroom?"

Check and test drive the cars, then leave.

Do your homework on-line and make your deals with the internet sales manager. When you come in to buy, your deal print-out should be in hand and your car should be getting prepped. The salesman is a clerk who writes it up.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:22 AM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
well..since the 2013 isnt out yet, only speculation is best to determine how it may drive and handle. unless the RDX is out of the box firm and its active dampers make it some sort of a sports-oriented handling machine, I highly doubt it will offer a compelling drive like that of the Q5, both in ride, handling, steering and dynamics. that said, the RDX should probably prove to be lexus-like in its driving and softness, but I also expect the RDX to be no slouch with a bit more firmness common to honda & acura.

The Q5 is pretty much the best of the segment, with the X3 behind it. The Q5 turbo is one of the best buys going and reliability aside, not much can match it in terms of its looks (retaining a truck like look vs the EX35 wagon-ish look) space, where the Q5 has just about as much as the Acura, and handling where the Q5 shines. The turbo performance is right there and the quality, fit, finish is nothing short of perfect.

To me, comparing the RDX and Q5 is more of a price-comparison - lets see what each gives you for the money, but in terms of equipment, drivetrain, luxury etc, with the "value" equation set aside, the Q5 is in a different echelon of CUVs vs the RDX. Acura has a great value buy, keeping it under or around 40k, but you get what you pay for and Acura is short on luxury items, equipment, and to me, its company is not the german CUVs.

like wwestpro said - most RDX vs Q5 talks usually boil down to price for Acura owners. If price is #1, then Audi will obviously lose. If price is not #1 and you can spend 5k more, then Acura should not enter the discussion.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by MMike1981
well..since the 2013 isnt out yet, only speculation is best to determine how it may drive and handle. unless the RDX is out of the box firm and its active dampers make it some sort of a sports-oriented handling machine, I highly doubt it will offer a compelling drive like that of the Q5, both in ride, handling, steering and dynamics. that said, the RDX should probably prove to be lexus-like in its driving and softness, but I also expect the RDX to be no slouch with a bit more firmness common to honda & acura.

The Q5 is pretty much the best of the segment, with the X3 behind it. The Q5 turbo is one of the best buys going and reliability aside, not much can match it in terms of its looks (retaining a truck like look vs the EX35 wagon-ish look) space, where the Q5 has just about as much as the Acura, and handling where the Q5 shines. The turbo performance is right there and the quality, fit, finish is nothing short of perfect.

To me, comparing the RDX and Q5 is more of a price-comparison - lets see what each gives you for the money, but in terms of equipment, drivetrain, luxury etc, with the "value" equation set aside, the Q5 is in a different echelon of CUVs vs the RDX. Acura has a great value buy, keeping it under or around 40k, but you get what you pay for and Acura is short on luxury items, equipment, and to me, its company is not the german CUVs.

like wwestpro said - most RDX vs Q5 talks usually boil down to price for Acura owners. If price is #1, then Audi will obviously lose. If price is not #1 and you can spend 5k more, then Acura should not enter the discussion.
We cross shopped the 12' Q5 2.0T Premium Plus w/Nav and optional Advanced Key, against the RDX SH-AWD w/Tech.....aside from a power trunk,optional Audi Advanced Key and Rain Sensing wipers where else is the 12' Acura short on luxury items and equipment?? In regards to the drive in the Q5, "compelling" wasn't quite a description for us...."soft" was though!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Spoken like a true snob...poseur!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:07 PM
big shot.

Originally Posted by silverrevlis
We cross shopped the 12' Q5 2.0T Premium Plus w/Nav and optional Advanced Key, against the RDX SH-AWD w/Tech.....aside from a power trunk,optional Audi Advanced Key and Rain Sensing wipers where else is the 12' Acura short on luxury items and equipment?? In regards to the drive in the Q5, "compelling" wasn't quite a description for us...."soft" was though!
well...if you believe the 2012 RDX compares favorably in the lux department to a Premium PLus Q5 w/nav...im not sure, even with all the stats or observations in the world, I or anyone could actually explain that one away...on the other hand, thats great that you love the 2012 RDX and think its right up there against the Q5, save some money and enjoy it.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:09 PM
big shot.

Originally Posted by vybzkartel
dont see how i am being a snob at all here...more realistic if anything? Acura does not compare favorably to german cars or even lexus or infiniti...this is being a snob? lol...thought this was common knowledge, even consumer reports understands this..acura's are "mid pack" these days. wake up
Old 03-05-2012, 02:12 PM
2008 Acura RDX

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by vybzkartel
The cake soap mussi bleach out yuh brain to rass

j/k
Old 03-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Advanced

well...if you believe the 2012 RDX compares favorably in the lux department to a Premium PLus Q5 w/nav...im not sure, even with all the stats or observations in the world, I or anyone could actually explain that one away...on the other hand, thats great that you love the 2012 RDX and think its right up there against the Q5, save some money and enjoy it.
The stats on the Q5 honestly doesn't offer any substantial features that bring it to a higher level of luxury than where it is now, which is on par with the RDX. My wife and I test drove this car twice and walked away with the same question "Why is it more expensive again?". You would think for the price difference you would at least something more notable. I guess its just like the dealer said "People buy this car because its an Audi!"........ I can't find my reality blocking shades to agree with him!
Old 03-05-2012, 04:48 PM
big shot.

if you think the 1st Gen RDX's interior, or exterior, is on par with the Q5, i wonder what you would say if the Acura cost the same exact price as the Q5 you looked at. There is a level of build quality, fit, finish that is non-comparable between my RDX & Q5. The seems of the interior panels, fitment of exterior panels, quietness, rattles etc are all put to bed by my Q5. The RDX sounds like a tank on the highway with wind and road noise that is way too much for even a 36-38k CUV. The roughness and brashness of the RDX, altho cool at first, is tiring and fatiguing when you just need a ride home from work to relax in. Ive had my exterior drivers door handle pop off, mudflaps fall off, paint discoloration, interior rattling (the unfixable left seat back rattle, dash rattle, wind whistle above 60mph) the list goes on and on, not to mention my 2007 RDX was a lemon. So honestly, yea, there is a big difference between the products as a whole, not even just sparsing out an item list or going feature for feature. The RDX is a juicy honda, the Q5 has no other low tier brother and is a truly premium product. Lets not even mention the HEAP of plastic that is the 1st gen RDX dash, trim, and rear doors (they are not even soft cover vinyl)

thats my opinion, and with both in the driveway, a pretty realistic non biased opinion either. I bought the RDX when it first came out because its AWESOME - the drive and powerplant are still incredibly today. but to say its on par with luxury of other makers or is a luxurious vehicle and has the same content as others is to ignore reality and shows a sole focus on the sticker price.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Advanced

Your 2007 RDX was a lemon.....So thats what your comparing the Q5 to? Thats like comparing.....Apples to Lemons! You had a lemon, its very hard to be un-biased about your experience with it, no matter which vehicle it was. Now that I think about it, the Q5 is basically a "juicy" VW Tiguan with a "chipped" engine. I'm not comparing the 07' RDX to the 12' Q5, I'm comparing 12' to 12'.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by wspy
The cake soap mussi bleach out yuh brain to rass

j/k
Yuh a rasclat posuer too, lol?! Move guway!

j/k
Old 03-05-2012, 05:29 PM
big shot.

Your 2007 RDX was a lemon.....So thats what your comparing the Q5 to? Thats like comparing.....Apples to Lemons! You had a lemon, its very hard to be un-biased about your experience with it, no matter which vehicle it was. Now that I think about it, the Q5 is basically a "juicy" VW Tiguan with a "chipped" engine. I'm not comparing the 07' RDX to the 12' Q5, I'm comparing 12' to 12'.
ya the 07 was..Acura then gave me an 08. comparing it to my 08, which i own outright at the moment.

im comparing since there is relatively NO difference between the 2012 and 2008 RDX, im comparing my 2008 RDX to my Q5.

The tiguan is not a Q5, not even close. The Tiguan is based on the platform used for the VW GOLF. The Q5 is built on an AUDI platform with no cross similarities. The RDX, is built on the CRV/civi platform, however modified.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:39 PM
big shot.

...besides subtle font changes on the buttons, the movement of fan buttons, darker plastic trim and what Acura claims as better leather (still no proof of any change), there is absolutely no difference for the interior of a 2012 RDX to any other model year, neither in form or function. Add to that, the 2012 is generally hideous on the outside and a step backward from the original design.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:01 PM
big shot.

you are new to the board so just for a frame of reference, my comparisons are to my current 2008 RDX, which has had numerous fit/finish and quality issues. Not to mention most recently, a faulty OEM radiator that exploded around 50k miles. No vehicle is perfect, but the quality of the RDX is lacking big time compared to Acura's Japan built models and other models built in Japan from Honda and other brands.

NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH MY 2007 LEMON, which didnt make it to 2k miles.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
you are new to the board so just for a frame of reference, my comparisons are to my current 2008 RDX, which has had numerous fit/finish and quality issues. Not to mention most recently, a faulty OEM radiator that exploded around 50k miles. No vehicle is perfect, but the quality of the RDX is lacking big time compared to Acura's Japan built models and other models built in Japan from Honda and other brands.

NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH MY 2007 LEMON, which didnt make it to 2k miles.
Newbie here, out of curiosity, what happened to your 2007 Lemon? Did Acura make it right for you?
Old 03-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
...besides subtle font changes on the buttons, the movement of fan buttons, darker plastic trim and what Acura claims as better leather (still no proof of any change), there is absolutely no difference for the interior of a 2012 RDX to any other model year, neither in form or function. Add to that, the 2012 is generally hideous on the outside and a step backward from the original design.
I love these opinions. Hideous you say? That is opinion. Virtually no difference from an 08 to a 2012? 4 years of small improvements add up, including those you mentioned, as well as a new radiator design, ECU and trans programming, updated intake, auto headlights, bluetooth streaming and improved ride. The leather is of better quality than the 08's. Do not speak for the 2012's if you don't own one. My 2012 has not one rattle, squeak, or noise to speak of. Wind noise? It is rock solid and doesn't emit a peep of wind noise.

You like your Q5? Nice, hope you trade it before warranty is up as it ranks dead last in reliability over the long term.

You paid how much more for your Q5? We looked at the Q5, could have walked away with it. We didn't because it was going to be $7,000 more equally equipped, and it was nowhere near as fun to drive, unless you like being isolated from the road, not to mention the uppity atmosphere... this is an Audi dealership sir! oh wow, an overgrown VW cousin. Nice.

Before you tell me I'm new to the board, I would ask you why you are still here? There are several Audi forums you can sit on and hold the hands of one another and stroke your egos. This is an RDX forum, and people don't want an Audi salesman talking about your isolated bad luck as if it is fact across the board.

Last edited by jcl78; 03-06-2012 at 12:04 PM.
The following users liked this post:
R*D*X* (04-23-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Does anyone know if the Audi Q5 and the 2013 RDX use a timing chain or timing belt? I spent $1,300 for a timing belt change on my car last year.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
The Q5 starts at $40K and by the time you are done adding Nav and airbags, YES, airbags for your precious cargo are extra, you're at $45K. Soooo,
SAVE YOUR MONEY
Old 03-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
consumer reports recommend the RDX over the Q5. note that this is for the outgoing turbo rdx, Not the new v6 models.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by pickler
consumer reports recommend the RDX over the Q5. note that this is for the outgoing turbo rdx, Not the new v6 models.

Yikes!!!! What good is material feel, seams of panels and lack of rattles when your sitting on the side of the highway?? Any car is quiet inside when your park due to problems! LoL,or when you have an Audi loaner cause your car is in the shop. I forgot all about Audi's reliability....errr...lack thereof.
R*D*X* (04-23-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 04:52 PM
big shot.

Originally Posted by jcl78
I love these opinions. Hideous you say? That is opinion. Virtually no difference from an 08 to a 2012? 4 years of small improvements add up, including those you mentioned, as well as a new radiator design, ECU and trans programming, updated intake, auto headlights, bluetooth streaming and improved ride. The leather is of better quality than the 08's. Do not speak for the 2012's if you don't own one. My 2012 has not one rattle, squeak, or noise to speak of. Wind noise? It is rock solid and doesn't emit a peep of wind noise.

You like your Q5? Nice, hope you trade it before warranty is up as it ranks dead last in reliability over the long term.

You paid how much more for your Q5? We looked at the Q5, could have walked away with it. We didn't because it was going to be $7,000 more equally equipped, and it was nowhere near as fun to drive, unless you like being isolated from the road, not to mention the uppity atmosphere... this is an Audi dealership sir! oh wow, an overgrown VW cousin. Nice.

Before you tell me I'm new to the board, I would ask you why you are still here? There are several Audi forums you can sit on and hold the hands of one another and stroke your egos. This is an RDX forum, and people don't want an Audi salesman talking about your isolated bad luck as if it is fact across the board.
buddy before you go bashing me, read a bit more thoroughly....i was talking about the INTERIOR CHANGES. thank you for the run down of other various changes, i know them well and have been a proponent about them on this board. thanks cya. AND, i wasnt talking to YOU, it was silverillis or whoever.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:53 PM
big shot.

Originally Posted by Opus360
Newbie here, out of curiosity, what happened to your 2007 Lemon? Did Acura make it right for you?
gave me a brand new 2008 because the 2007 model year had ended and they could not replace the one I had.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:56 PM
big shot.

Yikes!!!! What good is material feel, seams of panels and lack of rattles when your sitting on the side of the highway?? Any car is quiet inside when your park due to problems! LoL,or when you have an Audi loaner cause your car is in the shop. I forgot all about Audi's reliability....errr...lack thereof.
well...the 4 CUVs i have owned since 2007: CX-7 GT, 2007 RDX, 2008 RDX, and a Q5...

the ones leaving me on the side of the road many times were Acura & Mazda. So, honestly, reliability arguments dont work with me. Other than that, just proved my point about the Q5 being on top, plenty of cars are not recommended, including ones from Acura, Honda, and other reputable brands. who cares..not me. That being said, if reliability is your prime concern, buy an X3 which is not only ranked better than the RDX, but also is reliable this time around and the 2nd best choice out of any CUV on the road right now.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
well...the 4 CUVs i have owned since 2007: CX-7 GT, 2007 RDX, 2008 RDX, and a Q5...

the ones leaving me on the side of the road many times were Acura & Mazda. So, honestly, reliability arguments dont work with me. Other than that, just proved my point about the Q5 being on top, plenty of cars are not recommended, including ones from Acura, Honda, and other reputable brands. who cares..not me. That being said, if reliability is your prime concern, buy an X3 which is not only ranked better than the RDX, but also is reliable this time around and the 2nd best choice out of any CUV on the road right now.
Oh reliability arguments don't work with you. Ok, well magazine recommendations don't work with me. The fact is your experience with the Acura is not normal, and you have a new Q5 which I would hope would work decently for at least a few years. We have no idea how you drive, how you maintain cars (or don't) so save your RDX bashing for the Audi sites. This RDX will mark my 24th vehicle I have owned and it is among the absolute best. Just because a magazine says go buy a Q5 doesn't make it reliable. Also the fit and finish? I would hope it is better for 7K more.

Again, why are you even here? You are spreading misinformation to people who want to get the truth about the RDX, and here comes Mr downer with your poor lemon story. It gets old. Drive off into the sunset with your Q5.
The following 2 users liked this post by jcl78:
R*D*X* (04-23-2012), vybzkartel (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 05:44 PM
big shot.

Originally Posted by jcl78
Oh reliability arguments don't work with you. Ok, well magazine recommendations don't work with me. The fact is your experience with the Acura is not normal, and you have a new Q5 which I would hope would work decently for at least a few years. We have no idea how you drive, how you maintain cars (or don't) so save your RDX bashing for the Audi sites. This RDX will mark my 24th vehicle I have owned and it is among the absolute best. Just because a magazine says go buy a Q5 doesn't make it reliable. Also the fit and finish? I would hope it is better for 7K more.

Again, why are you even here? You are spreading misinformation to people who want to get the truth about the RDX, and here comes Mr downer with your poor lemon story. It gets old. Drive off into the sunset with your Q5.
guy, or girl...you talk like u are a seasoned vet on this board. Ive contributed more acura & RDX related stuff on this board than you could dream of. Been a member since 2007. Telling me to get lost is rediculous, you have NO IDEA what I post about, no idea what I HAVE posted about in the past, no idea of my contributions to other members and frankly NO IDEA about ANYTHING related to me.

My posts right now have nothing to do with stroking any ego, telling anyone that their RDX is inferior ( HELL I OWN ONE ). did you LOOK at the topic of this thread? this is a comparison thread, you dont like what i have to say, back it up objectively. back it up with some relevant information. this is a comparison thread, since you are new to the board, you are to make a COMPARISON, not hate on another member because you dont like what htye have to say.

I AM HERE BECAUSE I OWN AN RDX, in fact, owned 2 RDX's, and love acura. why else.

Ok seasoned driver, I HAVE OWNED ACURAS SINCE 1992. starting with Acura's first legend 2 door. I buy all of my cars and have owned more cars than i can remember (prob like you, over 20 at least). Take YOUR NEGATIVITY and see the comparisons in what im talking about. There is no MISINFORMATION HERE, its all MY experience with TWO RDX's.

PLEASE, now, you are on my ignore list. at least, if you fed back some relative information versus hating on ME, id entertain what you have to say. stop with the personal attack or the lifestyle attack, ive no where indicated that owning AUDI, or in fact, ANY german maker makes anyone better or somehow lower a persons estimation of themselves.

DONT LIKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY? WRITE SOMETHING BACK THAT BACKS UP YOUR OPINION, NEGATES MY OPINION, OR IS SOMEHOW RELEVANT TO THE TOPICE IE: COMPARISONS OF RDX VERSUS Q5. wake up and good bye. theres NO RDX BASHING GOING ON, its called REALITY, the RDX IS A MID-PACK AT BEST CUV with a strong powertrain and sports car like handling. to call it much more than that is then movement away from reality. To now ignore the 2013 RDX price that is now inline with GERMAN COMPETITION is again to ignore reality. go live inside a cave, tuck your head in the sand, and enjoy your superior RDX. jesus.

Last edited by MMike1981; 03-06-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:51 PM
big shot.

classless asshole pal. "poor lemon" story. go fuck yourself.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,792 Likes on 13,976 Posts
Sorry...but, if it were a choice between the Audi and the Acura...I'd pick the Q5 anyday.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:58 PM
big shot.

its not such a poor story when the brand you TRUST shuts off on the HIGHWAY with you and your spouse in the car in the high speed lane. honestly, your comments are ridiculous, the whole point of coming to sites like this is to benefit from others, from their experiences, whatever they may be, which you have NO IDEA about, talk about JUDGING.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,792 Likes on 13,976 Posts
classless asshole pal. "poor lemon" story. go fuck yourself.
Okay, let's not make this personal. Consider this a warning.

While we encourage discussion, we will not tolerate more of this. Cool?
MMike1981 (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 06:01 PM
big shot.

np on my end.
Yumcha (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
That being said, if reliability is your prime concern, buy an X3 which is not only ranked better than the RDX, but also is reliable this time around and the 2nd best choice out of any CUV on the road right now.
Why would a Q5 be better than the X3? I say the X3 is the BEST CUV on the road, especially now it has the 2.0 turbo engine.

It's sportier, has torque vectoring like the RDX, and you can get some desirable options like heated rear seats, and you don't have to go for the bigger engine if you want aluminum trim instead of wood. Not to mention it's bound to be more reliable than the Audi.

Quick Reply: 2013 RDX vs Audi Q5