So the Honda/Acura transmission lawsuit continues...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 12:35 AM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So the Honda/Acura transmission lawsuit continues...

I'm not sure if you guys are aware...but the lawfirm that Austin519 contacted roughly a year ago to file a class action lawsuit regarding our transmission is in FULL EFFECT!

I just recently gave my deposition to the Honda lawers last Thursday about my experience, and they will be investigating the 3 main web-boards I've given as a future source of information, as well as statements made by myself and others about their transmission issues...which is A-TL, A-CL & AW!

Sooo...keep this in mind when you are typing online...You never know when your statement will be used in COURT!

BTW...I'll be representing the Bay Area / Alameda county region for this class-action lawsuit. The guy representing Sacramento is here too, but I don't know his login name. So if you are reading this, feel free to chime in.

If any of you guys want to do a bit of homework, this is the firm that'll be representing all the owners within the state of California. Due to different laws for each state, they can only represent California drivers only, but more than likely Honda will settle something that will effect everyone (to prevent repeated lawsuits from other states).

Post Kirby Noonan & Sweat LLP

The gentlemen working on the case is James R. Lance and Matthew P. Nugent, so if you would like you share your experience with them to help get Honda to recall and replace all 99-2003 transmissions with a newly designed one, SPEAK UP!

All you have to do is contact Matt and tell him your name, make & model of your vehicle and state that you would like to share your experience with all of us. Most (if not all) of the work is already done...all you have to do is speak up.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:15 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Off to tranny land...

I have a few comments that I hope they see and use.

IMO, they've probably been looking over stuff here for a long time.

I would hope that members realize that this is a public forum -- and others have pointed this out before. :captobvious:

This is heading over to the transmission forum and people can contact the attorneys as they see fit...

I'm going to update the Title to: "So the Honda/Acura transmission lawsuit continues..."
Old 06-21-2004, 04:05 AM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

see i want in on this too cause im pissed

Acura covers the 98 and 99 CL for the 3.0 fully up to 100k 0r 150k

and im a 97 but im not covered under the warrenty

would i be a good canidate for this cause i think they are just trying ot get around it and i think a lot of first gens have problems too and i have had them too and i dont have hardly any mods

hit me up on aol im cause i have some questions about this and i think i can represent the first gens for sure and i will do my homework to get this taken care of

also you can email me @ jgiguere17@yahoo.com

thanks

-joe
Old 06-21-2004, 07:23 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm surprised that a class action lawsuit is still in progress. i'm glad it is. i'm just surprised. i believe the NHSTA investigation was closed when american honda agreed to extend the warranties on a limited number of models.

if you notice the extent of american honda's auto trans problems its a much more pervasive problem than just 2 model year accords and 1 1/2 model year CLs/TLs. it seems to apply to all 5th gen accords and CLs/TLs based on the 5th gen accord platform plus the 02 - 03 CLs/TLs. not to mention the odessy, pilots, and mdx'es based on the 5th gen accord platform & drive trains. a recent extended warranty has now been applied to the pilots, odessies, and mdx'es.

bad for honda but should be good for consumers, honda & otherwise, in the long run.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:49 AM
Rod
Drifting

And don't forget to add the last generation Preludes to the list, carquest.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Original NHTSA investigation closed & it's possible that some HORROR could open it up

Originally Posted by carquest
i'm surprised that a class action lawsuit is still in progress. i'm glad it is. i'm just surprised. i believe the NHSTA investigation was closed when american honda agreed to extend the warranties on a limited number of models.

The original NHTSA investigation is closed. However, that doesn't mean it is closed for all time. The investigator said they WERE interested in receiving comments and reports from owners that are having problems. He made it clear, that any user could go to the NHTSA site and fill out an online form (at their website), and if there was a big enough BLIP in reporting failures that caused injury, they would "consider" having another look. I believe they were also interested in any failures that resulted in injuries (e.g. 5th-to-2nd downshifts trauma) that happened in the "revised"/"latest model" transmissions.

I would NOT be surprised to see some "new" action if there were a number of tranny failures resulted in serious injury (or death) *and/or* if there was a highly visible case that popped up in the media.

NHTSA made it clear -- at least to me -- that they were interested in the number of actual injuries *and* had NO interest in non-accident related failures.

-- The above was based on past information *and* I have NO idea what their current thinking is.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:02 PM
Dan
Safety Car

Received 220 Likes on 127 Posts
Class rep! Good gig, at least YOU will get some money out of the deal
Old 06-22-2004, 09:25 AM
Rod
Drifting

Yeah, sure sounds like the NHTSA is taking a proactive approach on this one. :sqntfawk:
Old 06-23-2004, 01:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Rod
Yeah, sure sounds like the NHTSA is taking a proactive approach on this one. :sqntfawk:

NOT!!!!
Old 06-23-2004, 12:26 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rod
And don't forget to add the last generation Preludes to the list, carquest.
didn't know about the quaaludes. bummer.

eric's notes about a new investigation sound promising. whether it really happens seems unlikely.

i've also noticed more honda/acura transmission recalls/warranty extensions in the press lately. makes you wonder if NHTSA is really representing the public interest or the manufacturer's interests ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$).
Old 06-23-2004, 05:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Get the papers on it...

Originally Posted by carquest
didn't know about the quaaludes. bummer.

eric's notes about a new investigation sound promising. whether it really happens seems unlikely.

i've also noticed more honda/acura transmission recalls/warranty extensions in the press lately. makes you wonder if NHTSA is really representing the public interest or the manufacturer's interests ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$).

Not having a crystal ball, it's hard to know if a new investigation will or won't happen.

IMO, NHTSA is like any other governmental entity. They are influenced by political, social, and other pressures. If the newspapers got on this or someone of great importance was hurt, they would be "pushed" towards doing some investigating. This is my opinion and it's based on human nature.

The guy at the NHTSA made it clear that they weren’t interested in failures that didn't directly impact safety. I was told that transmissions are not generally considered to be a top item for "safety" concerns. OTOH, I'm sure if some kids were maimed by some grenaded parts that came though the firewall, they would be pushed into some serious investigations that would result in the fitment of a scatter shield and/or tranny redesign.

The NHTSA had a number of people call that didn’t have any injuries or close calls. They simply complained about how their trannies were defective. Unfortunately, they don't give a shit about broken parts. I was told that they are only interested in problems that will cause serious injury.

So, if someone can show that the new trannies are STILL causing people to be injured or killed, it would be helpful to call up the news and let them in on horrible story. I'm sure they will gladly tote over the cameras – or do a write-up.

YMMV
Old 06-24-2004, 08:52 AM
M to da DZ

Originally Posted by EricL
Not having a crystal ball, it's hard to know if a new investigation will or won't happen.

IMO, NHTSA is like any other governmental entity. They are influenced by political, social, and other pressures. If the newspapers got on this or someone of great importance was hurt, they would be "pushed" towards doing some investigating. This is my opinion and it's based on human nature.

The guy at the NHTSA made it clear that they weren’t interested in failures that didn't directly impact safety. I was told that transmissions are not generally considered to be a top item for "safety" concerns. OTOH, I'm sure if some kids were maimed by some grenaded parts that came though the firewall, they would be pushed into some serious investigations that would result in the fitment of a scatter shield and/or tranny redesign.

The NHTSA had a number of people call that didn’t have any injuries or close calls. They simply complained about how their trannies were defective. Unfortunately, they don't give a shit about broken parts. I was told that they are only interested in problems that will cause serious injury.

So, if someone can show that the new trannies are STILL causing people to be injured or killed, it would be helpful to call up the news and let them in on horrible story. I'm sure they will gladly tote over the cameras – or do a write-up.

YMMV
You can rest assured that if my ass was harmed if my 02 cls has a "special" 5th to 2nd downshift on the interstate, I would be calling every number I could find and writing letters to everyone I can send one too. It may not get you far, but it's also important to develop a good relationship with the dealer and they may work with you if you have reoccuring transmission failures. I work for a law firm and litigating is a costly and long process and you want to avoid it at all costs.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:33 PM
6th Gear

Just spoke with Matt Nugent

I'm a 2001 CL-S owner in Manhattan, New York. Just got off the phone with Matt Nugent the attorney at Post, Kirby, Noonan, Sweat LLP who's heading up this litigation. He seemed like a reasonable fellow, took down my information and my story about how my transmission went from 4th to 2nd- luckily, no one injured.

He seemed to indicate that we have a better than 50% chance of getting Honda/Acura to basically pay for a brand new transmission, instead of just replacing them with refurbished ones that have the computer change that "tones things down". The reason he thinks so is that his law firm is doing this pro-bono right now, and they wouldn't be spending all these resources upfront if they didn't feel they had a good chance of winning this thing. For our purposes, winning is defined as Honda basically paying for a BRAND NEW transmission for anyone who wants it (as opposed to doing a recall).

Has everyone else on this board contaced/spoke with Matt or his colleagues? I'm presuming that the more information and sworn statements about transmission woes that they get from the victims, the better their chances will be. Heck, we've got nothing to lose, right?

So sad that a car that is otherwise so good, has tranny issues.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by coramdeo
I'm a 2001 CL-S owner in Manhattan, New York. Just got off the phone with Matt Nugent the attorney at Post, Kirby, Noonan, Sweat LLP who's heading up this litigation. He seemed like a reasonable fellow, took down my information and my story about how my transmission went from 4th to 2nd- luckily, no one injured.

He seemed to indicate that we have a better than 50% chance of getting Honda/Acura to basically pay for a brand new transmission, instead of just replacing them with refurbished ones that have the computer change that "tones things down". The reason he thinks so is that his law firm is doing this pro-bono right now, and they wouldn't be spending all these resources upfront if they didn't feel they had a good chance of winning this thing. For our purposes, winning is defined as Honda basically paying for a BRAND NEW transmission for anyone who wants it (as opposed to doing a recall).

Has everyone else on this board contaced/spoke with Matt or his colleagues? I'm presuming that the more information and sworn statements about transmission woes that they get from the victims, the better their chances will be. Heck, we've got nothing to lose, right?

So sad that a car that is otherwise so good, has tranny issues.
I'm sure a number of people would be interested in getting a new tranny. Some folks have claimed that they were given a new one.

If mine goes out, you can bet I'm going to ask for a new one -- and not a rebuild.

Are you sure about them not changing-out the ECU with the new tranny?
Old 06-24-2004, 02:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by mattdaddyz
You can rest assured that if my ass was harmed if my 02 cls has a "special" 5th to 2nd downshift on the interstate, I would be calling every number I could find and writing letters to everyone I can send one too. It may not get you far, but it's also important to develop a good relationship with the dealer and they may work with you if you have reoccuring transmission failures. I work for a law firm and litigating is a costly and long process and you want to avoid it at all costs.

Good! Nothing like the squeaky wheel getting the grease -- hey? We owe a lot of thanks to some people that went the extra mile to get the media involved. It may not have solved the problem, but, IMO, it certainly helped.

Yes, I'd agree about the wear and tear of litigation.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Dan
Class rep! Good gig, at least YOU will get some money out of the deal

Whoever told you that rumor should be ! You think I'm doing this for $$$?! Listen buddy...I don't see a dime *IF/WHEN they win...only the joy of seeing that we can finally get what we are paying for...BUT...HERE'S A SHOCKER FOR YOU...*IF we loose...the class rep is financially responsible for the entire CASE! Being the class rep is not the best place to sit in.

I apologise if I sound harsh...but that comment is extremely
Old 12-28-2004, 09:59 PM
Dan
Safety Car

Received 220 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by edgalang
Whoever told you that rumor should be ! You think I'm doing this for $$$?! Listen buddy...I don't see a dime *IF/WHEN they win...only the joy of seeing that we can finally get what we are paying for...BUT...HERE'S A SHOCKER FOR YOU...*IF we loose...the class rep is financially responsible for the entire CASE! Being the class rep is not the best place to sit in.

I apologise if I sound harsh...but that comment is extremely
I stand by what I said, "class rep is a good gig" Will not cost you a dime if the case turns to shit and you get the most of anyone except the attorneys if they win.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:59 AM
Banned

so whatever happened...????????????
Old 01-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Racer

EDGALANG,

I apologise if I sound harsh...but that comment is extremely LAME !

You think I'm doing this for $$$?! Listen buddy...I don't see a dime ...IF we loose...the class rep is financially responsible for the entire CASE!

Well ,you didn't answer my PM ,so I'll ask you here...... if you are not to see a dime and the case fails HOW WILL YOU BE ABLE TO FOOT THE BILL FOR THE ENTIRE CASE?

I mean a class action of this size ....we are not talking about replacing 1.99 cents parts ,but a transmission that cost's thousands of dollars multiplied HOW MANY MEMBERS?????

Are you telling THE FORUM that you are going to foot the bill for the expert witness' Attorney fee's at 180.00 an hour ect if the suit fails?........."Big" class action suit's supposedly run close to a million dollars to litigate ..........How and WHY did you take such a risk...........?

But if the suit has a favorable outcome for the entire class ..you are telling the forum that you will get compensated the same as the rest ,with a new designed transmission ?

No offense ,but it is ALOT to swallow....so please explain yourself further ,so that we can better understand your motive's.

Please take no offense ,this is not meant to be offensive AT ALL ,but these statement's most deffinately need clarification.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by That Girl
...Well ,you didn't answer my PM ,so I'll ask you here...... if you are not to see a dime and the case fails HOW WILL YOU BE ABLE TO FOOT THE BILL FOR THE ENTIRE CASE?

I mean a class action of this size ....we are not talking about replacing 1.99 cents parts ,but a transmission that cost's thousands of dollars multiplied HOW MANY MEMBERS?????

Are you telling THE FORUM that you are going to foot the bill for the expert witness' Attorney fee's at 180.00 an hour ect if the suit fails?........."Big" class action suit's supposedly run close to a million dollars to litigate ..........How and WHY did you take such a risk...........?

But if the suit has a favorable outcome for the entire class ..you are telling the forum that you will get compensated the same as the rest ,with a new designed transmission ?

No offense ,but it is ALOT to swallow....so please explain yourself further ,so that we can better understand your motive's.

Please take no offense ,this is not meant to be offensive AT ALL ,but these statement's most deffinately need clarification.
I didn't answer the PM because I was away for the holiday. But since you brought this topic up, I'll just answer it here.

In your PM you claim that you are "very" familiar with Matt. If you are, then why not give him a call since I'm confident that he can answer any legal question you have. Heck...we can even do a 3-way call if you like.

But...as for the statement of "being finacially responsible for the case *if* Post Kurby looses"...

I'm still uncertain about the ramifications of a win/loose, but I was "warned" by Matt & James (the night before the deposition) that the Honda lawyers may try to "scare" me with a legal threat. "Legally" they are correct, however the chances of them ever collecting is very very slim (or so they say), and at the time, they felt that the Honda lawyer was reputable enough to not try that method of intimidation (Matt & James were wrong) since I'm new to the legal system. A bit nervous, I asked Matt & James prior to giving my statement when the last time they've ever seen a class action rep. pay anything out of pocket, and according to their memory, they haven't seen such a case within the past 20 years. With that said, after hours of discussion during dinner, they both gained my confidence enough that this was the right thing to do for everyone.

Either way...I am not aware of receiving any additional cash/treatment if Post Kirby wins the case. If anyone else has further doubts/questions feel free to call the lawfirm directly.

P.S.
I *HOPE Dan is correct...but I'm not betting on it.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by F900
so whatever happened...????????????

I have no idea...I never got a call/letter back from anyone.

FYI...I'm on my 3rd tranny.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Racer

Edgalang,

Read your PM...... " Notice also I Don't live in CALI and will not be in the class action suit " but for all who are best wishe's as I feel it is a VERY legitimate suit.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:18 PM
efx
Instructor

I know its been awhile but the lawsuit continues. When I talked to the firm they said it was going national. Not sure of the details. Also 1 possibility in the outcome is a longer extension on the warranty than 100,000 miles.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:10 AM
Advanced

Smile

Originally Posted by efx
I know its been awhile but the lawsuit continues. When I talked to the firm they said it was going national. Not sure of the details. Also 1 possibility in the outcome is a longer extension on the warranty than 100,000 miles.
Please keep us CLers posted on this lawsuit.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:49 AM
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
called Kirby Noonan Lance & Hoge* last week

By telephone I asked for an update from Attys James R. Lance and Matthew P. Nugent. Transfered to associate atty Jill E. Randall. Said they were out of town, she did not have an update but would ask one of them upon their return.

That was last week.

If anyone else can get an answer, please post.
(619) 231-8666

*effective January 1, 2006, our Firm has changed its name to
Kirby Noonan Lance & Hoge LLP
(formerly Post Kirby Noonan & Sweat)
Old 03-01-2006, 08:51 AM
Racer

^^^^ Recieved a callback yesterday. The firm is hoping for a Fall 2006 "Approval Hearing." This is where both sides present what they have in mind for a settlement. If there are no objections, the judge will set a date to announce what he finds the settlement $$$ to be. That date would follow in about 30-60 days. If there are objections, it drones on.

They feel the Fall 2006 date/Winter 2006 at the latest is realistic for the Approval Hearing.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:17 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by NighthawkBlue
^^^^ Recieved a callback yesterday. The firm is hoping for a Fall 2006 "Approval Hearing." This is where both sides present what they have in mind for a settlement. If there are no objections, the judge will set a date to announce what he finds the settlement $$$ to be. That date would follow in about 30-60 days. If there are objections, it drones on.

They feel the Fall 2006 date/Winter 2006 at the latest is realistic for the Approval Hearing.
So what does that mean. Would our warrenty be extended. If the hearing goes good??
Old 03-30-2006, 08:51 PM
1st Gear

2001 CLS Third Tranny

Looks like I have joined the ranks of multiple replacements. First one was replaced at 56K, second replaced today at 94K! Dealer is always very good about geting it completed quickly, but what a joke! I bought the car new in May 2000, and other than the tranny issue, it has been a great car.
If there are class action lawsuits ongoing, I am interested in joining. Let me know.

Thanks!
Old 04-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by quack2o9
So what does that mean. Would our warrenty be extended. If the hearing goes good??
Unknown by Jill who took my call. Attys James R. Lance and Matthew P. Nugent were both out.

I asked if we would get not only extended warranty but some compensation for the resale value hit the CLs have taken. Fat chance on the latter.

Feel free to call. Perhaps one of us will get thru live to the lead attys on the case.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:57 PM
1st Gear

Acura Tranny Failure

Saw your post from a while back and wanted to get contact information for good law firm. My wife's 2001 Acura 3.2TL has had a second transmission failure (while she was driving it to the dealer for a recall about the tranny). The tranny locked up she was thrown forward, almost wrecked, etc. (no injuries or crash).

Anyway, the dealership sent us to Acura Client Services and they have stated that the problem we have is different from the recall and isn't covered, therefore they have elected at this time not to pay for anything. This approach seems odd since the recall notice says the work will be done at no cost to us.

You had mentioned Matt Nugent, do you have a number or email address where he can be reached?

Your post was a couple of years ago, is the Acura activities still going on or have we missed the boat?

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

WK
Old 04-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by wklopp
You had mentioned Matt Nugent, do you have a number or email address where he can be reached?
Your post was a couple of years ago, is the Acura activities still going on or have we missed the boat?
Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Best,

WK
Sounds like you read the 1st part of this thread. My last two posts are both in 2006 and give the tele contact # for the firm Nugent is in.
(619) 231-8666
*effective January 1, 2006, our Firm has changed its name to
Kirby Noonan Lance & Hoge LLP
(formerly Post Kirby Noonan & Sweat)

I hope they can direct you for a successful outcome.
Yes please post if you find out any updated info.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Intermediate

Any update on this? We should be pushing for NEW TRANSMISSIONS THAT DONT CARRY THIS DEFECT. NOT WARRANTY EXTENSIONS. I want my classic Acura/Honda reliability back. Now I'm payin monthly on a car that I feel like is a ticking time bomb. When my warranty is up, or this 100K warranty is up I can't afford to kick out thousdands of dollars for a new transmission because they had poor workmanship.

Isn't it illegal what they're doing? They're dropping in a "remanufactured" tranny, which ends up having the exact same problem.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am pretty damn sure Honda/Acura's top executives/departments already looked at this with a cost/benefit analysis and probably came to the conclusion that the cheapest way out of this will be to accept the lawsuits, put out a 7yr 100,000 mile warranty on the tranny, and pray that it won't hurt their image if they just try to push us aside... I can't believe for the life of me that this company is any different from any other.. to make MONEY and grow even if it doesn't satisfy the customer.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:48 AM
4th Gear

Anything new on this? I`m a concerned CL owner also.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:21 AM
9th Gear

About the Lawsuit

IMO I agree with whoever said that we should be pushing for a completely redesigned transmision and not just another "updated" tranny that is doomed for the exact same fate(horrible failure). A warranty extension would not properly address the issue at hand. Replacing a broken down defective part with another "yet-to-break-down" defective part isnt a solution at all; It is a soothe you guys over until we can blow you off (7yr/100k) entirely tactic. So... any warranty extension, even for the life of the vehicle, is unsatisfactory. Im sure you guys, like me, dont enjoy counting the days until your next tranny fails. Even if they replace it for free forever, it is a lingering nuisance that we shouldn't have to deal with. Agree?

Also, let us all realize what is actually on the line here in this lawsuit. Not just our transmisions(dont get me wrong I want a new one that works too!) but also the accountability of a major auto manufacturer. So pls guys, make sure that Honda Motor Co. is held accountable now, so that future buyers don't have to deal with what we have dealt with.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:53 AM
Pres TeamMidnightInvasion

Amen
Old 05-30-2006, 06:43 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well said PO'ed. Well said.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:30 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by PissedOffCLOwner
IMO I agree with whoever said that we should be pushing for a completely redesigned transmision and not just another "updated" tranny that is doomed for the exact same fate(horrible failure). A warranty extension would not properly address the issue at hand. Replacing a broken down defective part with another "yet-to-break-down" defective part isnt a solution at all; It is a soothe you guys over until we can blow you off (7yr/100k) entirely tactic. So... any warranty extension, even for the life of the vehicle, is unsatisfactory. Im sure you guys, like me, dont enjoy counting the days until your next tranny fails. Even if they replace it for free forever, it is a lingering nuisance that we shouldn't have to deal with. Agree?

Also, let us all realize what is actually on the line here in this lawsuit. Not just our transmisions(dont get me wrong I want a new one that works too!) but also the accountability of a major auto manufacturer. So pls guys, make sure that Honda Motor Co. is held accountable now, so that future buyers don't have to deal with what we have dealt with.
Very well put. I hate the fact that I actually worry about being somewhat hard on my car for fear of it breaking down somewhere. Im no street racer, but hell, if its the SPORT edition, you'd think it could handle a "sport" style of driving for a bit. I think if one of the more well known sports cars was having this kind of problem, this would have alread been resolved. Either give us what we paid for/dream about; or lose credibility on your so called "customer service".
Old 05-31-2006, 06:03 PM
Banned

Well, its gonna cost me $750 for a refurbed....supposedly problem fixed tranny.

Dont have much choice at this point...tranny was starting to act up on Sunday...was near an Acura dealer...dropped it off....I would like to think that the 4th one im getting is gonna be the one to last 100k.....

Oh yeah:

38k first tranny dead
96k second tranny dead
133k third tranny dead
???k fourth tranny
Old 06-01-2006, 01:36 AM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by moomaster_99
Well, its gonna cost me $750 for a refurbed....supposedly problem fixed tranny.

Dont have much choice at this point...tranny was starting to act up on Sunday...was near an Acura dealer...dropped it off....I would like to think that the 4th one im getting is gonna be the one to last 100k.....

Oh yeah:

38k first tranny dead
96k second tranny dead
133k third tranny dead
???k fourth tranny
Hate to say it, but I wouldnt count on it Moonmaster

Quick Reply: So the Honda/Acura transmission lawsuit continues...