I think my car hates me.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 09:02 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think my car hates me.

Well, my POS car starts shifting funny. It's shifting at different points than what it used to, and it's shifting really hard. So I give it a little gas, to see if it does it all the time, or just pussyfooting. Well, it still does it. Time for new tranny?
Old 05-20-2005, 10:17 AM
Team Owner

Received 599 Likes on 417 Posts
Describe the shifting a little more. When my tranny went it downshifted from 5th to 2nd. No warning, it just downshifted. If you mean it feels like it's downshifting from 4th to 3rd when you are going slowly, that's more normal. I hate it too, but Acura said it is normal for that to happen. Happens a lot around 25 to 30 mph. Is this what you're experiencing?

I would take it in and have it checked out, just to be on the safe side.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:49 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by All Mine
Well, my POS car starts shifting funny. It's shifting at different points than what it used to, and it's shifting really hard. So I give it a little gas, to see if it does it all the time, or just pussyfooting. Well, it still does it. Time for new tranny?
have you had it replaced yet? mine went @ 32,000 miles
Old 05-21-2005, 07:19 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
Describe the shifting a little more. When my tranny went it downshifted from 5th to 2nd. No warning, it just downshifted. If you mean it feels like it's downshifting from 4th to 3rd when you are going slowly, that's more normal. I hate it too, but Acura said it is normal for that to happen. Happens a lot around 25 to 30 mph. Is this what you're experiencing?

I would take it in and have it checked out, just to be on the safe side.
Okay, sorry that wasn't descriptive enough. Let me try again. Like I said prior, it's shifting very hard. It bangs into gear (that wouldn't bother me if it was normal, I hate that sliding into gear crap) When upshifting into third, it stays in neutral waaaaay too long. The tach jumps almost 900 RPM. It's shiting at different points than what it usually does.

Thank you for your help, Ravi.

Originally Posted by headersplus
have you had it replaced yet? mine went @ 32,000 miles
As far as I know, it's on it's first transmission. She now has 41,850 on her; and started this about 41,287.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:05 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Well, here's an update. I scheduled an appointment on Friday, the 27th, to have my transmission checked out, and on my way there, it locked down into 2nd gear. I think the person behind me had to clean their seat, and pants. Going from 65, down to like 20 or so; with no brake lights. lol. Any way. I was only like 20 minutes away from Acura Carland. So I had it towed down there.

They basically stranded me. Since I'm only 20, I'm not old enough to get an Acura loaner. And since I'm only 20, I have to pay the $10 per day under-age fee, for a rental. Kinda weird- Acura of North America sent me a letter telling me that they've tried contacting me 3 times over the past year about the recall.... I've only had the car since January 27th... Anyway. I use this letter to my advantage. They include this number that I can call with any questions. So I give it a ring, and explain my entire situation to this poor lady. So long story short, lady ends up saying that Acura will pay for my rental. Cool, eh'? So they're paying for my rental, and paying the $10 p/d for the under aged fee. So now I'm stuck with an automagic '05 Mazda6i (4 cyl)