I think I got shafted.. Any help please

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 10:50 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I got shafted.. Any help please

Hey everyone,

New member here and also new 3.2CL owner as of later this afternoon when I pick the car up.

Ive been in the market for a new car, and a few days ago I found a 01 3.2CL for sale on craigslist. I went and checked it out and for the most part, it was a fairly nice car. Exterior condition was ok, interior was good. I drove the car for a bit and noticed a slight jerk when the car was going from 1st to 2nd gear. I just thought it needed some new tranny fluid cause I know alot of automatics tend to do that when they need new fluid so I didnt think much of it. I put down a $500 deposit on the car and im about to go pick it up later this afternoon.

Come to find out that just yesterday I was on here doing a little bit of research on the car, I found out about the tranny problem, and that is when I started to get freaked out. The car has 121k miles on it so im really worried now and not too sure what to do. I read alot of Acura dealerships will replace the tranny out of goodwill for those who have over 100k miles, but now I am wondering what do I do in my situation. I thought I was getting a good deal but if I have to replace this tranny, seems like I would have just been better off getting one with lower miles and in better shape.

How long does the tranny last before it goes dead after it has the jerky shifting problem.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks
Old 08-14-2006, 11:20 PM
Dan
Safety Car

Received 220 Likes on 127 Posts
Run awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Old 08-14-2006, 11:36 PM
smr cl_s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
theres really no telling when your tranny will go out on you...things will just gradually get worse. i say you just keep looking and maybe even search for a 6spd, no tranny problems there.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
Originally Posted by aypeeone
Hey everyone,

New member here and also new 3.2CL owner as of later this afternoon when I pick the car up.

Ive been in the market for a new car, and a few days ago I found a 01 3.2CL for sale on craigslist. I went and checked it out and for the most part, it was a fairly nice car. Exterior condition was ok, interior was good. I drove the car for a bit and noticed a slight jerk when the car was going from 1st to 2nd gear. I just thought it needed some new tranny fluid cause I know alot of automatics tend to do that when they need new fluid so I didnt think much of it. I put down a $500 deposit on the car and im about to go pick it up later this afternoon.

Come to find out that just yesterday I was on here doing a little bit of research on the car, I found out about the tranny problem, and that is when I started to get freaked out. The car has 121k miles on it so im really worried now and not too sure what to do. I read alot of Acura dealerships will replace the tranny out of goodwill for those who have over 100k miles, but now I am wondering what do I do in my situation. I thought I was getting a good deal but if I have to replace this tranny, seems like I would have just been better off getting one with lower miles and in better shape.

How long does the tranny last before it goes dead after it has the jerky shifting problem.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks
tell him/her you want your $500 back for not disclosing the problem with the transmission. If the trans is jerking, it's already dead.........