Great F*cking news! :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 06:47 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great F*cking news! :(

Well, i just took my car to Acura cause it was leaking pinkish/red fluid. They came out 15 minutes later, sat me down, and told me in was the tranny. I had the injector thing done last month and now the tranny is bad. They sent me home without a loaner and told me to come back next week when the new tranny comes in, at that time i will recieve a loaner. Souldn't they have cought this when they did the recall last month?
Old 11-11-2004, 06:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
wow, shocking.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:03 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

gee so they didn't catch it when they did the recall. i'm shocked. wow.

seriously, to answer your question: because they're IDIOTS
Old 11-11-2004, 07:05 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
recall=putting a band-aid on a fuckin bullet wound

pure bullshit
Old 11-11-2004, 07:52 PM
Suzuka Master

they sent you home???? you drove YOUR car back home?..... dude, I smell lawsuit... you better pray it does not lock up on you while you are doing 55 MPH
Old 11-11-2004, 07:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Smitty
they sent you home???? you drove YOUR car back home?..... dude, I smell lawsuit... you better pray it does not lock up on you while you are doing 55 MPH

Thats messed up
Old 11-11-2004, 07:59 PM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
no shit, how could they send you on your way with a tranny just waiting to crap out...wow, what dealership is this?
Old 11-11-2004, 08:05 PM
Intermediate

Weir Canyon Acura...
Old 11-11-2004, 08:10 PM
Team Owner

Received 602 Likes on 419 Posts
That's bullshit. Mine started to crapped out a couple days before I was supposed to have the recall done. They told me to bring it right in. More and more I am beginning to like my dealer. And they had no problem giving me a loaner ASAP. It was an Enterprise piece of crap, but who cares.
Call another dealer. They are looking for an ass kicking by telling you to drive home and bring it back in a week.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:17 PM
failhard.

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Wow what crap...You should've received a loaner on the spot, in case.

Waitaminute...Red fluid...that stuff was all over my intake a few days ago when I replaced my fog lights...I wonder.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:20 PM
Advanced

the locking up shouldn't happen, being that the oil kit is installed, and should prevent the gear from breaking up in pieces, at least that's what i gathered from the nhtsa report. the fixes are only meant to get you upto 100,000 miles, after that you're on your own, being that the rate of failure (numbers) is low.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:42 PM
Team Owner

Received 602 Likes on 419 Posts
Originally Posted by doublern2003
the locking up shouldn't happen, being that the oil kit is installed, and should prevent the gear from breaking up in pieces, at least that's what i gathered from the nhtsa report. the fixes are only meant to get you upto 100,000 miles, after that you're on your own, being that the rate of failure (numbers) is low.
Yeh that's true but shouldn't happen don't always work with this car. If there was damage that was missed before the oil kit install, or just dumb bad luck, the dealer should not take that chance.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by darrinb
recall=putting a band-aid on a fuckin bullet wound

pure bullshit
lol, so damn true. I have also noticed that some dealers play stupid to avoid workign on cars. Its like you have to walk them through the problem, sometimes you have to do your own investigation report.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Dude, the oil jet sprays transmission fluid directly into 2nd gear. That's what it does. His car is leaking transmission fluid, meaning there's no transmission fluid to spray.

Besides, I would be more worried about the 3rd gear, anyway. That's the main problem. This recall is bullshit, and I'm in no hurry to get it done, because I know it's not going to do shit. In fact, I've seen a lot of cases where perfectly fine transmission broke down after installing the oil jet kit.

No, thank you.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:55 PM
///M POWER

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
Dude, the oil jet sprays transmission fluid directly into 2nd gear. That's what it does. His car is leaking transmission fluid, meaning there's no transmission fluid to spray.

Besides, I would be more worried about the 3rd gear, anyway. That's the main problem. This recall is bullshit, and I'm in no hurry to get it done, because I know it's not going to do shit. In fact, I've seen a lot of cases where perfectly fine transmission broke down after installing the oil jet kit.

No, thank you.

still havent got mine on yet
Old 11-12-2004, 12:14 AM
Suzuka Master

Time for a new dealer. Different types of failures. And doing the right thing.

As mentioned, if there isn't any ATF flowing, the squirter isn't going to work (and the rest of the tranny isn’t going to be doing much without it’s hydraulics working). IMO, this is a moot point as the tranny would have all the functionality of a boat anchor. IOW, it won't work.

If the tranny is one of the earlier ones -- or is one of the replacement trannies that are pre-2003 -- there is a chance of getting the dreaded fifth-to-second-gear-spontaneous downshift. That would lock up your wheels on the road – and if this occurs at freeway speeds, the result can cause serious injury. (The gears aren’t “locked,” but the sudden and unexpected downshift can be quite hazardous. The NHTSA was very clear about getting the car into the shop and they blamed a number of failures on the lack of prompt action. IOW, the dealers sent owners away when the tranny started to exhibit various problems.

The locking up that is talked about in a later report is not the same locking up as reported in the earlier report that called for the extensive NHTSA investigation. People were hurt and this failure was written up in the LA Times and other news services.

The "band-aid" oil kit addresses a rare failure mode. In general, the bulk of the "scrary" tranny stories have resulted from problems unrelated to the second gear issue.

bzzcls: See if you can call another dealer. Something isn't koshur and, IMO, they didn't do the right thing.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:07 AM
Intermediate

haha this reminds me of a customers car..I was putting something simple on...can't rem what..but I looked down onto the tranny and there was tranny fluid everywhere..I was like wow somethings wrong...then I see what it is...there is...er isn't a plug on the top of the tranny....first thing I ask the guy was who worked on this last...his response..acura...I asked him..."well what they do"...he said warrenty the tranny...I told him that...well they apperently didn't warrenty everything...in fact they completely forgot something..that big threaded hole on the top of you're trany....should be filled....all and all, with the exception of falconi's acura in vegas and metro acura in monte claire...most of the people at acrua are lamer than the people at honda....but I'm only speaking form my own experience...other's may differ
Old 11-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Sold but not Forgotten...

The dealer I had my tranny refixed tried this same thing not once but twice... Both times I had to argue with the service manager who then didnt wanna give a loaner stating the technican says the car is safe to drive... I was like WTF... Blew my lid on the second time she didnt wanna give me a loaner again even though second tranny died less than 3K apart... Called Acura customer car and was like what the hell. Got my loaner and dealer had to bear expenses.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:11 PM
efx
Instructor

If they sent you home without a loaner and the tranny is leaking in the garage and while driving, I would call ACURA care and let them know. Bad Dealer.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:05 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by efx
If they sent you home without a loaner and the tranny is leaking in the garage and while driving, I would call ACURA care and let them know. Bad Dealer.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:47 PM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
i'm surprised you didn't get a loaner. i too would call acura
Old 11-16-2004, 05:03 PM
Cruisin'

weir canyon sux

yup, weir canyon has gone down hill since changing owners. I have bought two cars from them at that location and have noticed the difference in the help there. There was a guy named steve and brent back in the day that would take care of you. The service guys now act like a bunch of pricks. Anyways, tried to buy a third car and they would not sell it for less than $1,100 over invoice(3rd car at same dealership). Also, as are all of you, Im a little anal about the paint. They scratch my car with their belt buckle and when I told the service dude he said that they wear rubber belt buckles, so they couldn't done it. As, I began to argue it was evident that he was not even gonna consider my situation, We all notice new scratches, but to straight out deny it and not work with me. I went to cerritos got it for 700 over. Weir canyon has no loyalty to customers, and I suggest everyone go elsewhere for warranty work.