Rotora Cross drilled rotor question

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 02:59 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Rotora Cross drilled rotor question

Hi Guys,

I just installed Rotora Cross drilled rotors (front and rear) on my CL last week with Axxis Ultimates. The stopping power is awesome compared to the stock POS warp every 1000 mile rotors. One think I am now noticing is a lot of road noise when driving at highway speeds. Sounds like I'm driving on Off road tires. My guess is that the noise is caused from the rotors, air being pulled into the vents and out of the cross drill holes. Does this sound logical? Any ideas?

Tein basics coming next week and then 18" RonJon Inspyres.

Undecided on tires yet, any recommendation on brand and size?

Thanks,
Lou
Old 05-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by LouSFO
Hi Guys,

I just installed Rotora Cross drilled rotors (front and rear) on my CL last week with Axxis Ultimates. The stopping power is awesome compared to the stock POS warp every 1000 mile rotors. One think I am now noticing is a lot of road noise when driving at highway speeds. Sounds like I'm driving on Off road tires. My guess is that the noise is caused from the rotors, air being pulled into the vents and out of the cross drill holes. Does this sound logical? Any ideas?

Tein basics coming next week and then 18" RonJon Inspyres.

Undecided on tires yet, any recommendation on brand and size?

Thanks,
Lou
I agree the axxis pads and rotora rotrs are great, but get ready to clean your wheels, ALOT, those things just spray out brake dust, in one day, your wheels will be covered in dust. About the road noise, I don't know, but def not air through the rotors. although there is a tad bit of pressure from the pads sitting tight on the rotors, maybe thats the noise, or maybe your just paying somuch attention since you just did a modification.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Advanced

Thanks Rondog, I do agree with you on the Axxis pads, you can practically see a dust cloud every time you step on the brakes, but the stopping power is great. I might have to swap them out and go with another pad. I agree with your assessment of the pads making the noise, since they may be tight on the rotors. The only way to test that would be to swap out the pads. I sure don't want to be cleaning the Inspyres all the time when I get them. I want them looking good for more than a day.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:20 AM
Burning Brakes

since those axxis ultimate pads make a lot of brake dust onto the wheels. is there another good set of brake pads that would complement the Rotoras nicely? have the same good braking and stopping power but without all the dust and the noise it makes?
Old 06-01-2005, 09:34 PM
Advanced

I've been able to isolate the noise to the front left wheel and I now believe that one of the pads is not fully. releasing the rotor. The noise is getting louder and now sounds like more of a howl. After driving the 46 miles home from work today at highway speeds I touched the front left wheel(Rim) and nearly burned myself. It was blazing hot. I then went around to the other side of the car and touched the front right wheel. It was warm, not nearly as hot as the other side. THerefore I beleve the noise is coming from the pad being stuck or not fully releasing the rotor and thereby causing the Rotor to get very hot and the heat is transfered to the wheel. I more worried about the wheel or tire failing at this point. Any suggestions? I'll probably take the caliper off and check it out this weekend.