Nitto NEOGEN?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007 | 11:49 AM
Loc
Cruisin'

Nitto NEOGEN?

So it's time to buy new tires again for my CLS-6. I've kept the OEM wheels as I'm happy with them (not into the bling of aftermarket options). That said, I currently have a set of Kumho Ecsta SPTs that I've had for about 27K and are needing replacement after the next rotation. I haven't been happy with them...at all. Because the SPT is a directional tire, any slight crown or groove in the road surface requires me to fight the car to stay in a straight line. Really annoying when driving in heavy traffic. They're also loud.

As I live in the Pacific NW, water dispersion and wet traction are a premium in any tire, but it being summer right now, I'd also like to have at least good dry performance as well. Someone recommended Nitto NEOGEN as a good replacement for me, and I'm seriously considering them.

Does anyone have any experience with these tires on a CLS-6? I'm really looking to get a non-directional tire this time as I think that will increase my tread life dramatically. My CLS-6 also has been lowered 1".

Thanks!
Tony