Just got my B@G shocks/springs(thanks Excelerate) have ?'s B4 Install!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 07:21 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Front sway bar is easy to install at anytime, Im not sure about the back though?
If you need to remove the seats for the back one then might as well do that with the shocks/springs, why take the back seat out twice?
Old 04-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Lives in Boost

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Rear sway bar is on the underside of the car. No need to remove the back seat.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CL-Future
Rear sway bar is on the underside of the car. No need to remove the back seat.
can you just get the rsb and not the front or is this not recommended?
Old 04-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by 2Fast4you
can you just get the rsb and not the front or is this not recommended?
the RSB actually does more for the car than the front one, so it really doesnt matter
Old 04-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CL-SA
the RSB actually does more for the car than the front one, so it really doesnt matter
so i can just get the rsb and be fine who make a good one?
Old 04-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Pro

yeah you could get away with the rear only.

um Neuspeed makes a good one, I think its 27mm or something nice and thick like that

you can find vendors online for a very nice discount on products, car magazines are a way to find these, becuz ive found places that sell the Rear and Front by Neuspeed for the same price as just 1 from Neuspeeds website.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Lives in Boost

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
so i can just get the rsb and be fine who make a good one?
I got the Progress sway bar from Excelerate. Made the car nice and tight during turns/curves
Old 04-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Burning Brakes

just bought the b&g spring and strut package at around 5 and I just got the tracking number at 6:45 now that's quick
Old 04-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CL-SA
yeah you could get away with the rear only.

um Neuspeed makes a good one, I think its 27mm or something nice and thick like that

you can find vendors online for a very nice discount on products, car magazines are a way to find these, becuz ive found places that sell the Rear and Front by Neuspeed for the same price as just 1 from Neuspeeds website.
it didnt look like excelerate had one for the CL-s any other good ones?
Old 04-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Burning Brakes

is the eibach rsb any good?
Old 04-09-2009, 09:43 AM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
just bought the b&g spring and strut package at around 5 and I just got the tracking number at 6:45 now that's quick
Lemme know what u think after the install about the comfort of the ride..
I love it dont even notice a diffence in comfort!
Old 04-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Registered Abuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think imma get the b&g as well,let me know how it feels..
Old 04-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Burning Brakes

just received it yesterday and got my service manual today so im gona try to install them this Friday
Old 04-09-2009, 04:48 PM
B A N N E D

When I installed mine (well the techs did) the boots (rubberish thing that protects the shocks) was pretty much disinigrated so i threw them out and didnt reuse them cuz acura by me didnt have any in stock, you might want to order 2 of them for the front cuz chances are they will be destroyed. We reused all the other bushings and stuff from the old shocks to the new ones (so everything was reused except the foamy rubber covers for the front shocks , i chucked them) you gotta remove the back seats to get to the backs.

Do you have that spring compreser thing to get the springs on the shocks?
Old 04-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by StonedCL
When I installed mine (well the techs did) the boots (rubberish thing that protects the shocks) was pretty much disinigrated so i threw them out and didnt reuse them cuz acura by me didnt have any in stock, you might want to order 2 of them for the front cuz chances are they will be destroyed. We reused all the other bushings and stuff from the old shocks to the new ones (so everything was reused except the foamy rubber covers for the front shocks , i chucked them) you gotta remove the back seats to get to the backs.

Do you have that spring compreser thing to get the springs on the shocks?
yes we have a spring compressor and the service manual I ordered tells me everything I would ever need to know about assembling and disassembling the car
Old 04-09-2009, 07:30 PM
B A N N E D

yes we have a spring compressor and the service manual I ordered tells me everything I would ever need to know about assembling and disassembling the car
I would love to get my hands on that manual, save a alot of time and money, copy it and fax it over....Please.....
Old 04-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Burning Brakes

I would love to get my hands on that manual, save a alot of time and money, copy it and fax it over....Please.....
the thing is like 5000 pages lol tell me what section you want then maybe
Old 04-09-2009, 08:51 PM
B A N N E D

I was j/k i will keep that in mind in the future..

Tommorow I am doing my sway bar links (i bought 4 moog for $75 from rocauto)
and my back rotors (centric $70 for both and axiss pads $25 rock auto)
I know how to do all that but if something pops up I will let you know.
IM actully changing my ballast on one of my headlights this weekend and never did that so some back up might be what i need!
Old 04-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Burning Brakes

I was j/k i will keep that in mind in the future..

Tommorow I am doing my sway bar links (i bought 4 moog for $75 from rocauto)
and my back rotors (centric $70 for both and axiss pads $25 rock auto)
I know how to do all that but if something pops up I will let you know.
IM actully changing my ballast on one of my headlights this weekend and never did that so some back up might be what i need!
why are you just changing the links? does it give you better handling or are yours just worn?
Old 04-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Progress Rear sway bar is the way to go. On FWD, the front sway bar has a definite performance increase, but nowhere near what a rear sway bar does for you. I installed eibachs on F&R on a protege I owned 5 years ago. FSB was a bitch to install and didnt do much, RSB was easy as hell to install and did a lot. You do the math.

2fast4you, call excelerate. The progress rear sway isnt listed on the site, but its identical to i think the '04 TL one. You will probably need to call him to order and confirm. THIS IS the sway bar I will be going with, along with the B@G suspension.

Also, can anyone with the B&G suspension tell me about their warranty on shocks? Is it replacement or rebuild for lifetime?
Old 04-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Is a chargin mah lazar in

https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-tires-wheels-suspension-54/rougher-ride-lowering-springs-715505/

See post #17

and Progress is the best, there is no 27mm RSB, the biggest currently offered is 24 from Progress.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,313 Likes on 4,897 Posts
Originally Posted by Onese1f
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715505

See post #17

and Progress is the best, there is no 27mm RSB, the biggest currently offered is 24 from Progress.
Im thinking about upgrading mine to the Progress RSB. I'd prefer the back to rotate a bit easier.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:17 AM
B A N N E D

why are you just changing the links? does it give you better handling or are yours just worn?
My car was making alot of noise so I ordered them with my shocks/struts cuz the tech said that it can be the links making the thud noises. Then after i changed the shocks all the noise went away so i didnt change the links at that time but i have them so might as well chsnge them, some people had the stock links break on them and I heard MOOG makes one of the best links and found a sweet deal on them so i picked them up. Beefeir links cant hurt only can help!
Old 04-10-2009, 08:19 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Cmanuel

Also, can anyone with the B&G suspension tell me about their warranty on shocks? Is it replacement or rebuild for lifetime?
I think they replace there shocks if they go bad, on there website it states it all..

http://b-gsuspension.com/warranty.php

B&G Suspension Systems, Inc. warrants to the original retail purchaser who holds title to the vehicle on which the B&G Suspension Systems Products are originally installed will, when delivered, substantially conform to respective written Product description furnished to purchaser, and all products to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the life of the product and will perform in accordance with B&G operating instructions if properly installed, used and serviced on passenger cars. Should a product(s) become defective, purchaser at its cost shall submit its claim stating the defects and the circumstances under which the defects occurred, the original sale receipt as well as the defective product and Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number.

The RGA number can be obtained only from B&G Suspension Systems, B&G will examine, and upon establishing purchase’s validity of claim, at its sole discretion repair the product(s), or exchange the product(s) with a new one, which shall fully satisfy and discharge any and all warranty claims.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:31 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Im thinking about upgrading mine to the Progress RSB. I'd prefer the back to rotate a bit easier.
I was gonna buy a comptech rear bar from excelerate but after reading this I might go with the Progess one cuz its a little thicker and thicker = better correct? Will the 2004 tl rear progress bar part # 62.0110 fit a 2001 acura cl type-s a/t?

Thanks guys!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Burning Brakes

I was gonna buy a comptech rear bar from excelerate but after reading this I might go with the Progess one cuz its a little thicker and thicker = better correct? Will the 2004 tl rear progress bar part # 62.0110 fit a 2001 acura cl type-s a/t?

Thanks guys!
I asked excelerate if he had the progress and he said it will be back in stock in about 2 weeks for the cl
Old 04-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Burning Brakes

I was going to install mine today and the rubber boots need to be replaced wheres the best place to get ones that fit the best?
Old 04-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts

Thanks guys!
Yes the 3rd gen TL RSB fits the 2nd gen CL/TL.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:36 AM
B A N N E D

I was going to install mine today and the rubber boots need to be replaced wheres the best place to get ones that fit the best?
I just threw mine out you really dont need them on there. Acura dlr by me could get them (2 day special order and my car was apart) but it would take 2 days and the dlr said they were not nessesry they never replace it they said.

Excelerate , i trust your opinion so which one would u choose the comptech for our car or progress for the 3g TL?
Old 04-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Is a chargin mah lazar in

Progress for sure...Ask ANY member who has them. Bigger is better here. Our stock sway bars are 19mm, Comptech is 22mm, Progress is 24mm.

Progress is cheaper AND performs better. That should be enough to help you make up your mind.

And as for the endlinks, go with MOOG, get em' at any auto-store you can find. Will run you about $20
Old 04-11-2009, 04:58 PM
B A N N E D

Progress for sure...Ask ANY member who has them. Bigger is better here. Our stock sway bars are 19mm, Comptech is 22mm, Progress is 24mm.

Progress is cheaper AND performs better. That should be enough to help you make up your mind.

And as for the endlinks, go with MOOG, get em' at any auto-store you can find. Will run you about $20
I all-ready have mmog sway bar links, I put my front ones on yesterday, They are pretty cool there greasable, The old ones were a Pain in the AS$ to get off though I had to get some heavy duty vice gripes on them cuz they kept turning. I also have the rear links but didnt put them on yet cuz I wanna go with a rear sway bar , I guess 3rd G TL progress bar is what Im gonna prob go with! Thanks for you insight!
Old 04-11-2009, 05:00 PM
B A N N E D

You really dont need them , I didnt replace them and Acura saYS THEY NEVER REplace them when they do shocks, not one of the 3 dlrs I called carried them in stock!
Did you get those B&G's on yet>?
Old 04-11-2009, 05:08 PM
B A N N E D

The progress one is on is only $2 less from excelerates website, I'm just weary cuz its not made for our car its for the 3rd gen TL.
are all you guys 100% positive that progress part #62.0110 fits our 2001 CL type-s with no drawbacks? I really would go with the progress bar if it was made for our car like the comptech one is.. Im just a worrier dont wanna get it and it not fit correctly..Sorry for all the ?'s..
Old 04-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,313 Likes on 4,897 Posts
The progress one is on is only $2 less from excelerates website, I'm just weary cuz its not made for our car its for the 3rd gen TL.
are all you guys 100% positive that progress part #62.0110 fits our 2001 CL type-s with no drawbacks? I really would go with the progress bar if it was made for our car like the comptech one is.. Im just a worrier dont wanna get it and it not fit correctly..Sorry for all the ?'s..
Our car is a whore, damn near every bar fits in the rear
Old 04-11-2009, 10:59 PM
10th Gear

Need to see more pics of the B&G set up!!

I too am looking for a suspension set up, but undecided. Thinking about Tanabe NF210s with Tokico blues. I would like to see more pics of Stoned set up. Maybe some different angles.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:45 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by TypeSsilverbullet
I too am looking for a suspension set up, but undecided. Thinking about Tanabe NF210s with Tokico blues. I would like to see more pics of Stoned set up. Maybe some different angles.
I did alot of research before ordering this setup, I had my car since it was new in june 2000 and really needed new shocks. I work in sales (car sales) and lost 1/2 my income starting november last year (people have no money to buy cars) so I made up my mind if im gonna drop $ into my car im gonna keep it and I did ALOT of research. I was also thinking about the Blues and Tanabe's or the Blues and diff springs (didnt want to go too low cuz I live in NJ and drive to manhatten alot and roads suck) If I got the blues and any spring it was gonna be about $100 more then the B@G setup after shipping.
I think I made a GREAT choice the drop is Perfect and the ride is as comfry as stock (2fast4you also ordered them wait to see what he says) but I know he will be more then happy! I would deff go with the B@G setup from Excelarats (I did search and his prices by farr where the best for this setup) It reatails for about $730 and most online venders want around $550 and Exceleate has it 4 $440+shipping I belive. All my pics are saved at work so I will post more tommorrow afternoon so u can see!
Old 04-12-2009, 12:18 PM
10th Gear

Thanks stonedCL. I appreciate the feed back. your pics would be very helpful because my car is the same color and still rocking the stock wheels which I personally like. I don't want to be too low either, just a nice drop that the car should of had from the factory. The B&G setup might be the way to go for me.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:16 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by TypeSsilverbullet
Thanks stonedCL. I appreciate the feed back. your pics would be very helpful because my car is the same color and still rocking the stock wheels which I personally like. I don't want to be too low either, just a nice drop that the car should of had from the factory. The B&G setup might be the way to go for me.

Yeah dude no problem I will post tommorow evening. I have all the pics on my work computer. What angles do u wanna see?
Old 04-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Burning Brakes

got mine installed today will get pics up later
Old 04-12-2009, 04:20 PM
B A N N E D

got mine installed today will get pics up later
So what do u think so far?

Quick Reply: Just got my B@G shocks/springs(thanks Excelerate) have ?'s B4 Install!