Help!!! Problem with springs!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 12:42 PM
G
Bitten.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!!! Problem with springs!!

So, I bought my '04 TL about a month ago. When I bought it, I had them through in some eibach springs. It turns out that the springs are for an '03 accord-which has the same suspension, but is lighter in the rear than the TL.

Anyways, I had the springs installed and it drove fine. It pulled a little to the left, so I had an alignment done. The car was in speck except for the rear camber-no problem, a camber kit is on order. But, after I had it aligned, a problme arose.

When I am driving and am at "idle" (i.e. no aditional gas), the car tracks straight. As soon as I give it any gas, not flooring it all, the car pulls hard to the left. No lights illuminate. The dealer says that it is the springs (because the car is lower in the rear then the front). But, I drove a stock '03 CL-S that had the same problem.

What the heck is wrong????? I need it fixed quick because I am leaving tomorrow on a road trip!!

HELP!!!!
Old 10-05-2004, 12:51 PM
i like orange juice

something loose? this sounds wierd....
Old 10-05-2004, 01:21 PM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by liloj
something loose? this sounds wierd....
exactly!! I have no idea what the heck is going on!!!
Old 10-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 244 Likes on 137 Posts
Pulls to the left

Hmmm - are your tires like hardcore camber worn? Inside edges rubbed to the belts?

Maybe you have a tie rod end loose / broken?

If your 4 wheel alignment is out - it could cause it to pull bad

Take a laser pointer and run it straight down the car, pointing it at the rear of the car from the front. your inside and outside tire edges should be inline

You might rotate your spare tire onto each of the cars wheels and see if it has any impact - maybe you have one wheel way out of line or yer camber is whacked.

Dunno - just throwing out ideas

Good luck..
Old 10-05-2004, 02:55 PM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by Pseudomaniac
Hmmm - are your tires like hardcore camber worn? Inside edges rubbed to the belts?

Maybe you have a tie rod end loose / broken?

If your 4 wheel alignment is out - it could cause it to pull bad

Take a laser pointer and run it straight down the car, pointing it at the rear of the car from the front. your inside and outside tire edges should be inline

You might rotate your spare tire onto each of the cars wheels and see if it has any impact - maybe you have one wheel way out of line or yer camber is whacked.

Dunno - just throwing out ideas

Good luck..
That's the weird thing, this problem only became prevalant after I had a four wheel alignment. Everything is back within specs except the rear camber which is a little off. The car is brand new, and the tires have little to no wear.
This is why I have absolutley no clue as to what the heck is going on. VERY frustrating.