+44 offset with everything else stock

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 01:22 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+44 offset with everything else stock

Hi Folks,

I've got a 2003 type s with everything stock, and have recurring rim leaks from corrosion (factory rims), so I've been hunting around for a deal on some replacement wheels. I found a used set that are 17x7 w/ +44 offset (rather than the stock +55). Would there be any issues running these with the stock 215/50R17 tire size? I'm not fussed if things look a little different, but would not want to experience any noticeable handling impacts or, obviously, tires hitting car bits they shouldn't be hitting.

Maybe more generically, I'm just looking for advice on what range of offsets I can work with on 17x7 rims with stock 215/50R17 tires without causing handling changes or tires hitting things?

Any input would be appreciated. I've been researching and trying to get my head around the sizes, combinations and what they do, as well as digging through the forum to see what others have done for the last few hours, but every time I think I am starting to understand how it all works, I read something that throws me for a loop, so figured I'd reach out while the set I saw are still for sale.

Thanks
Old 12-05-2017, 02:07 PM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
you'll be fine with that setup. They will stick out more than your oem rims, but not past the fenders or anything. They'll stick out 0.43 inches more to be exact, so not a big deal, especially if you're on the stock suspension and not lowered.

Wheel Offset Calculator | 1010Tires.com Discount Online Tire and Wheel Store