What is the problem with my car by symptoms?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 10:45 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy What is the problem with my car by symptoms?

So I have 2001 Acura CL 3.2

2 weeks ago was changed all ignition coils - bc was missfire
Yesterday I changed starter - bc car doesn't start, when I turn the key starter made some noise even if I remove key from the ignition. So I changed it.

After starter change car still not starting. I turn the key and my dashboard full of lights, and fuel pump suck non-stop (can hear it well) until I remove the key from ignition.
No clicks, no other sound. Radio, light still works. Battery also good.

Any tips what a hell with my car?
Old 05-12-2018, 11:50 AM
Latent car nut

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,407 Posts
The first suggestion is to stop throwing parts at your car, that gets expensive and often causes more problems than it solves. Unless you bought new Denso or OEM coil packs, I'd recommend you put the originals back in and then figure out which one was bad and replace it with a new Denso or OEM unit.

The above said, it is unlikely the coils and/or the starter are the cause of your current issue; sounds like it is time to have the codes read and approach solving the issue from a more methodical debugging perspective.
Old 05-12-2018, 02:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,577 Likes on 6,627 Posts
sounds like the fuel pump relay which would relate all your issues
Old 10-13-2018, 01:24 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Things to check.

So here’s some basic things that will keep an engine from starting. And this goes for others besides just Acura. Check the ohms on the crankshaft position sensor, camshaft sensor, knock sensor. If either the cam or crankshaft sensor isn’t reading the computer won’t allow the engine to run because it can’t see where either one of those two are in relation to te timing marks so the engine doesn’t self destruct. Check the fuel pump relay and fuse, ignition fuse and relay. Make sure that you’re getting power to the ignition coils and also check to see if the small, signal wire going to the starter is getting 12 volts when you turn the key. Also another thing to check is the engine ground wires going to te body. The starter has to have a good ground for it to work. You can’t just toss 12 positive to it and it does it’s job.

You can use a multimeter to check the resistance “ohms” of each one of these sensors to see if it’s out of tollerance. If everything checks out then you might want to have your engine immobilizer tested to see if it’s making a good connection with the key.