Strange electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 07:36 PM
What, me drive fast?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange electrical problem

Hi guys, long time no post but I had to come back "home" to ask the experts. I have been having some issues with my CL-S lately that has be a bit concerned. I did a search for similar issues and didn't find anything but it is all about the search words so I appologize if this is a well discussed issue. The symptoms (manifesting at the same time but possibly unrelated) are as follows:

Steering wheel audio controls seem to work sometimes but not others. When they don't work it is like they are trading jobs...the 'volume increase' skips tracks, the 'track select' button increases volume...you get the idea. Other times they work fine.

The real weird one is that sometimes when I "get on it" the interior dome light blinks. Not a constant problem and it is one of those things that when I have other people in the car and it happens I tell them to watch for it and it doesn't happen. WTF? I promise I am not crazy!

If it helps to diagnose the issue, the only other issues I've had in the last year or two is that the passenger heated seat doesn't work anymore. I am guilty of not checking that fuse but the issue described above is recent and the heated seat issue isn't. I also dropped the tranny about 1.5 yrs ago. Again, this problem is recent compared to that.

Any thoughts?